✭✭✭
    Wtf!!
  • Options
    19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Ok did everyone think they got the end of that

No idea. I think I may have wasted 2 hours.
  • Options
    AgeOfTheGeekAgeOfTheGeek Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assumed they died on the beach and the car off the bridge was them passing over?
  • Options
    laurence1870laurence1870 Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    And another great show blows it at the last minute.

If anyone did make any kind of sense of the last two minutes, please explain! Thanks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    I assumed they died on the beach and the car off the bridge was them passing over?

Yeah, that is the assumption I came to but I really didn't like it. Really didn't want them to die at all
  • Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    In fact, yes they were shot on the beach and that final part was Baxters delusion as he was dying, since he was the last to be shot hence why he thought he saw himself and why he seemed to be stood over the others
  • Options
    chaz richchaz rich Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And another great show blows it at the last minute.

If anyone did make any kind of sense of the last two minutes, please explain! Thanks.

Think your wrong there, the fact is dozens are going to come on here looking for explanations & there will be twenty different ways this really ended so did it really blow it ?
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's somewhere between a mixture of all of the above, lots of ideas stolen from other shows though as to the finish there, ashes to ashes I felt a few nods to as well
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chaz rich wrote: »
    Think your wrong there, the fact is dozens are going to come on here looking for explanations & there will be twenty different ways this really ended so did it really blow it ?

Exactly! same with the people ranting and raving on twitter, i like the open endings for your own slight interpretation. Why does everyone needs things black and white or spelling out to them.

They should of had Alvo under the mask...that really would of messed with people/peed them off

I even forgot about the flashes...life flashes before your eyes
  • Options
    JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    As the last bit was all centered on Baxter, I assume it was what was going on in his mind as he died.
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really need to watch this now!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chaz rich wrote: »

Well it blew it for me, personally. I hate endings that are 'open' or where the viewer has to make their own judgment. After three years of watching I want a clear conclusion. Is that so bad?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well it blew it for me, personally. I hate endings that are 'open' or where the viewer has to make their own judgment. After three years of watching I want a clear conclusion. Is that so bad?

But it is clear - they got shot! The last bit whether a delusion of them passing over is the only bit open for discussion, the car was in a different place, suddenly had fuel, doors were all open, cars over took them on the road, a 2nd baxter - non of that was real
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Your perfectly entitled to your opinion, just like everyone else, personally I would say 90% + of British dramas have an unsatisfactory ending, in my opinion this was not one of them.
  • Options
    19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Me too.eWe watched The Italian Job last night a fantastic film ruined by its ending.

After watching 3 series and even though they were beginning to stretch things a bit I expected better.

For me it wasn't even an open ending as I've no idea what the hell was happening.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    After three years of watching I want a clear conclusion. Is that so bad?

It's a heinous demand.
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    great series followed it from the start but didnt like the ending :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LaFleur wrote: »
    Why does everyone needs things black and white or spelling out to them.

Because, as viewers, we commit ourselves to the show, and it's what we deserve!

I loved Mad Dogs and obviously you're a big fan too, but that ending was terrible IMO. Don't you care that we will never fully know what happened in the final moments of the four main characters?

And if they wanted an open ending, they could have left it with them on the beach with the bags over their head. That would have been bad, but at least made sense. The last two minutes was confusing drivel.
  • Options
    JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    Makes me wonder if they were already dead earlier in the episode/series.

Some of the sequences were dream-like. Why didn't the shotgun rounds that Woody was firing off do anything?

I'm probably reading too much in to it. Though, I'd love to know what the text said on those posters that were everywhere.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    19Nick68 wrote: »
    Me too.eWe watched The Italian Job last night a fantastic film ruined by its ending.

Again my opinion is completely different, I thought the ending in The Italian Job was genius.
  • Options
    BatchBatch Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grrr and yeah in equal measure. I think the explanation of it being Baxter's death is fine. Even if it was literal they just drove off an unfinished road so....

Other than series 3 I thought this was an excellent show. Odd but excellent!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JimothyD wrote: »

Some of the sequences were dream-like. Why didn't the shotgun rounds that Woody was firing off do anything?

I'm probably reading too much in to it. Though, I'd love to know what the text said on those posters that were everywhere.

Apparently they say 'road to nowhere'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    JimothyD wrote: »

Road to Nowhere!!
  • Options
    WickedPlansWickedPlans Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Wtf was that ending all about?
    Very strange. Left feeling a little disappointed after enjoying the previous series.