Options

Why is Luisa playing the village idiot?

MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,235
Forum Member
Sorry if this has already been talked about, but I get the impression she is trying to play the airhead role which most people (who have seen the apprentice) will know her voice may be cutesy, she definitely isn't an idiot and survived to the final 2??

Not knowing who Lionel Ritchie is, REALLY? I think she is capable of more detailed conversations but is playing airhead for votes

Just my observation....

Comments

• Options
    JVSJVS Posts: 12,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it may be more the case that she didn't know who Lionel Blair was when she saw his 'Lionel' badge.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think her voice might give some the impression that she's a bimbo but she obviously has a very good business mind and I've found her quite emotionally intelligent so far - asking Evander if he was coping on the first night when he seemed completely bewildered, and she came across well during their homosexuality discussion.
  • Options
    gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    His prehistoric views on sexuality are very well-known, and if you saw The Apprentice then her penchant for cynical game playing is also very obvious. So she leads him into a topic that she knows will result in him blowing his chances, and she then makes sure she reacts appropriately. Result? One rival down, and, among the gullible, her status enhanced. It's what she does.
  • Options
    snarieksnariek Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gkmacca wrote: »
    His prehistoric views on sexuality are very well-known, and if you saw The Apprentice then her penchant for cynical game playing is also very obvious. So she leads him into a topic that she knows will result in him blowing his chances, and she then makes sure she reacts appropriately. Result? One rival down, and, among the gullible, her status enhanced. It's what she does.

Oh please I've heard it all now. So you're saying Luisa pretty much set Evander up for this? How exactly are his views on sexuality very-well known? I think if they were they wouldn't be causing the furor they are now, not only here but in the States also. She also tried to cut him off numerous times during that conversation, and if she was trying to make herself look good she would have mentioned something to the other housemates, or at least to BB about how she disagrees with him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    She is a smart cookie. she knows that for some bazaar reason the British public love dim people on reality shows.
    She is trying to find her place in the house. She's not the attractive one or the motherly one, so dumb is a good way to go.
    I hate it but people will eat it up
  • Options
    MorbidMorbid Posts: 361
    Forum Member

But that doesn't make any sense, because they're both part of the same pair - if people vote him out, she goes as well!
  • Options
    Odette ValmontOdette Valmont Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, Luisa is very smart and is a natural born businesswoman. She will do what she needs to do to secure her victory, and more power to her! I adore Queen Luisa!!
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I didn't know about his views, neither would I just assume he held them because of his religion. If I didn't, what's to say she did?

Before he says too much, she tries to shut the conversation down several times after she realises what his opinion is. She tells him that they probably shouldn't speak about it, in an attempt to try and stop him getting himself into the trouble that he did. If people vote him out, she doesn't know (and neither do I, to be honest) that she won't be going with him.

I don't have any reason to think as you do, that she planned it like that - particularly after referring to me as "among the gullible"... try and judge the HMs not the posters.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member

Hmmmmmmmmm ........but she's attatched to him. If he's voted out she goes with him.

ETA

Ooooooops just seen somone already posted it. Sorry!
  • Options
    achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Watch it back.

You'll see her try to stop the conversation multiple times.
  • Options
    bbfiveneverbbfivenever Posts: 1,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah i'm sure Luisa wanted to set Holyfield up (re sexuality) so that he would be evicted...

Can anyone see a flaw in that plan?

Also i've heard it all now as apparently not knowing who Lionel Ritchie (and/or Blair) is equates to playing the village idiot...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How are his views well-known? I don't think Luisa even knew who he was... Luisa can't be to blame for Evander's ignorance! He ruined his own chances :D
  • Options
    staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's not? She's got a very good business mind as we all know. Just because she didn't know who Lionel Richie was doesn't have any effect on that at all, it's a completely different thing to her intelligence levels really.

I've always seen that cute and innocent side to her though even when she was on The Apprentice.
  • Options
    rachael7rachael7 Posts: 1,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How are his views well-known? I don't think Luisa even knew who he was... Luisa can't be to blame for Evander's ignorance! He ruined his own chances :D

And her's as well, if they are voted out as pairs. It's obvious to anyone who watched it that Luisa tried numerous times to stop the inflammatory remarks, she's certainly no village idiot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rachael7 wrote: »
    And her's as well, if they are voted out as pairs. It's obvious to anyone who watched it that Luisa tried numerous times to stop the inflammatory remarks, she's certainly no village idiot.
    Yeah, that's true. Which is why I'm praying they don't get evicted in pairs. I'm hoping the public saw Luisa trying to stop Evander, and vote for her based on that regardless of Evander's actions. Though I lost my faith in the public a long time ago :(
  • Options
    Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly I had no idea who Lionel Blair was and the only Lionel I know is Lionel Ritchie, I have no idea what he looks like today.

I can assure you i'm not a "village idiot". ;) And yeah, Luisa repeatedly tried to get him to stop and said that it wasn't an appropriate conversation to have within the house.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah i'm sure Luisa wanted to set Holyfield up (re sexuality) so that he would be evicted...

Can anyone see a flaw in that plan?

Also i've heard it all now as apparently not knowing who Lionel Ritchie (and/or Blair) is equates to playing the village idiot...[/QUOTE]

I didn't say village idiot just because of the one comment, it was one example.It was the overall impression ive got from her over the last 3 days

Its her voice, acting up to the camera, and the way she speaks to Evander FYI
  • Options
    NorthWingNorthWing Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    She's been brilliant so far.

First, she realised she was chained to possibly the greatest celeb that has ever done cbb : she knows she only needs not to do anything wrong and she'll be protected/spared (esp. with the doubles thing for the first eviction). Second, the way she baited Evander into the gay/sports/bible conversation AND still made out to be protecting him from saying something bad (thus being a 'nice person' instead of the bitch) was... that was genius.

I think she realised she's guaranteed at least a week in the house, so she is playing it low and trying to build bridges.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Honestly I had no idea who Lionel Blair was and the only Lionel I know is Lionel Ritchie, I have no idea what he looks like today.

I can assure you i'm not a "village idiot". ;)And yeah, Luisa repeatedly tried to get him to stop and said that it wasn't an appropriate conversation to have within the house.

and I certainly am not suggesting you are, perhaps I used that Lionel line and everyone is thinking I mean because of one comment, its not
  • Options
    rachael7rachael7 Posts: 1,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can assure you i'm not a "village idiot". ;) And yeah, Luisa repeatedly tried to get him to stop and said that it wasn't an appropriate conversation to have within the house.

Pardon me if i'm wrong but isn't Lionel Ritchie black? :confused:
  • Options
    MorbidMorbid Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    Remember Lionel Ritchie was in an advert for Walkers Crisps only a couple of years ago!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    She uses all the tools available to her. She was trying all sorts to mine into Holyfield's dense exterior, including punching it. If it was the only tool she used I'd be the first to dismiss her for it, I hate the play dumb thing, but she also plays smart, and playful, and thoughtful, and sassy, and challenging, so I'm still TEAM LUISA WOO. :blush: Jesus.

I honestly think if Luisa isn't the sort of woman women can get behind ...well...
  • Options
    junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lol it would be awesome if she was that calculating, maybe you are right, I dunno, it is weird though that she is occasional playing the me know nothing card ala Jade and Joey essex card.
  • Options
    thelukestar619thelukestar619 Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snariek wrote: »
    Oh please I've heard it all now. So you're saying Luisa pretty much set Evander up for this? How exactly are his views on sexuality very-well known? I think if they were they wouldn't be causing the furor they are now, not only here but in the States also. She also tried to cut him off numerous times during that conversation, and if she was trying to make herself look good she would have mentioned something to the other housemates, or at least to BB about how she disagrees with him.

People will go to ridiculous analytical depth to try find faults in someone they irrationally dislike.
  • Options
    TheWireRulesTheWireRules Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's way out of her depth and her little flirty "act dumb" act is so transparent and annoying. As a straight bloke I find that massively off-putting.