✭✭✭✭
    Stuart P wrote: »
    what!? a semi boob last night wasn't enough for you! haha

He just got a semi. He wanted the full salute. :D
  • Options
    I, CandyI, Candy Posts: 3,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I anticipate that tonight's episode will start with the morning after, leaving us to wonder did they didn't they and lots of ambiguous angst

There'll probably be a scene with Sheridan lying in bed, the sheets covering her body even though they've had rampant sex all night.:(
  • Options
    Stuart PStuart P Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...and another semi booob shot ;-)
  • Options
    dsimillerdsimiller Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R V wrote: »
    I doubt I'll see Sheridan Smith in the buff tonight, which is what 90% of the blokes watching this are hoping for too.
    Shame that...

I believe Sheridan appeared naked in Jonothan Creek,but only for a couple of seconds,when she fell into a giant water tank.I suppose,on reflection,it could have been a stunt woman though.
  • Options
    Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinydi wrote: »
    Why do I never meet anyone on a train, only miserable men who moan to themselves lol

Ah but he started off being miserable too, maybe one of them will apologise tomorrow....... ;)

I liked this too - done gently and believably. Really felt the frisson when the train jolted!
  • Options
    lordlozlordloz Posts: 3,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was totally not my thing....very much another chick drama Richard Curtis style/Bridget Jones blah de blah.....
    But I like David Morrissey....brilliant in many things but especially walking dead.....Sheridan Smith haven't seen much but quite attractive but not supermodel unattainable stunner.....and that was the point ....

well acted, well paced they hadn't I instantly raced to bed which would have been too implausible it was a slow deliberate build up and that they were both very different types so much that it wasn't so much looks but that they both are attentive to each other so looks weren't the importance and she could be attracted to an older man...

yes to him she's an attractive younger blonde most men that age wouldn't try in the sauna scene for instance especially as attached and thinking just out of their league but of course they would be drawn to her thinking just a chance a small one maybe? But would be satisfied enough just being with her in her cossie... :p

But a lot of men would've been happy at just being with a good looking woman anyhow and really a chance to have a different routine and flattered at any attention and just a break from the drudge and routine of commuting and their settled lives...."14 years commuting g without parole" summed this up.....

he fed up being regular family man...her knowing her fiancee is basically nice guy but she's settling because of age,body clock what's expected and so on....

So any romantic drama like this I'd normally ignore...what no fast cars/bikes/babes/explosions?? :confused: why would I watch it? :D

But it was a gentle treat...only one swear word (which could have been left out easily) no full on sex (yet) meant could have been watched by most ages/generations sans embarrassmente and was touching gentle and possible.....unfortunately my Brighton and Redhill commute before I escaped south west I never had this encounter... ahhh if only ... :(
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah but he started off being miserable too, maybe one of them will apologise tomorrow....... ;)

I liked this too - done gently and believably. Really felt the frisson when the train jolted!

I felt a bit more that that Nesta. ;-):D. Oh to be stuck in a train with DM.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I predict it's going to be quite steamy tonight and I think we are going to see a lot more of both of them than you think. Can't wait.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    I predict it's going to be quite steamy tonight and I think we are going to see a lot more of both of them than you think. Can't wait.

It would be a shame for all that working out to go to waste. :p
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lordloz wrote: »
    yes to him she's an attractive younger blonde most men that age wouldn't try in the sauna scene for instance especially as attached and thinking just out of their league but of course they would be drawn to her thinking just a chance a small one maybe? But would be satisfied enough just being with her in her cossie... :p

To me that was the most unrealistic scene. If you for a trial visit to a gym, does the instructor really come into the sauna with you - or even change into their cossie just so that they can asses your swimming?
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Balti wrote: »
    It's stalkerish. Are we meant to like him?
    I tried, honest I did but I found it boring.
    Unfortunately I agree with the two posts above, although rather than find it boring, I found the lead up from strangers in long term relationships to bed fellows a bit too quick in modern times to be believable. It seemed to happen over a 2-3 weeks from an argument!
    That said though it was acted well and as I'm a stickler for finishing things I start and as there's one episode left, I'm likely to tune in tonight to satisfy my curiousity as to how it all ends. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    To me that was the most unrealistic scene. If you for a trial visit to a gym, does the instructor really come into the sauna with you - or even change into their cossie just so that they can asses your swimming?

They would if they fancied you;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Exactly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    myss wrote: »
    Unfortunately I agree with the two posts above, although rather than find it boring, I found the lead up from strangers in long term relationships to bed fellows a bit too quick in modern times to be believable. It seemed to happen over a 2-3 weeks from an argument!
    That said though it was acted well and as I'm a stickler for finishing things I start and as there's one episode left, I'm likely to tune in tonight to satisfy my curiousity as to how it all ends. :)

It only takes a minute if you fancy someone. :D
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Fair point. I suppose that's why it has never happened to me >:(
  • Options
    kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lady_xanax wrote: »
    It's based on classic forties film Brief Encounter, which is all about repressed desire and sexual tension. Falling in Love is also based on that film. I HIGHLY recommend Brief Encounter; it's even more powerful because neither partner has much marital trouble. They simply want the fantasy and the excitement.

Brief Encounter is also scarily more plausible as the build-up is all perfectly natural.

I LOVE Brief Encounter, to my mind,this was nothing like it, totally different, but more like 'falling in love' with streep and de niro...only its very good in its own right..looking forward to tonight's instalment!! :D
    i've not seen David morrissey or sheridan smith in anything before but i'm pleasantly surprised!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    kate36 wrote: »
    I LOVE Brief Encounter, to my mind,this was nothing like it, totally different, but more like 'falling in love' with streep and de niro...only its very good in its own right..looking forward to tonight's instalment!! :D
    i've not seen David morrissey or sheridan smith in anything before but i'm pleasantly surprised!

Yeah I don't think it's anything like Brief Encounter either.
  • Options
    KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stuart P wrote: »
    ...and another semi booob shot ;-)

Her nipples were pretty erect when she was sat on the edge of the pool.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    Hard to believe that she used to go out with James Corden.

i know!!:o still i expect james is a v nice chap, have to look beyond the packaging:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    i know!!:o still i expect james is a v nice chap, have to look beyond the packaging:D

And his big gob.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I don't think it's anything like Brief Encounter either.

i heard they did a rehash of that too with richard burton and sophia loren, i haven't seen it and i dont intend to!!:o **Puts nose in air**

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    i heard they did a rehash of that too with richard burton and sophia loren, i haven't seen it and i dont intend to!!:o **Puts nose in air**

:D

Wasn't that Murder on the Orient Express. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    surfking wrote: »
    It's pretty clear now after all these years that that is unfortunately not her style. :cry:

She didn't have any nude scenes recently in "Dates" on channel 4 so I doubt she'll do any degree of nudity in this either.

Also, the freeview TV caption for this show doesn't say 'Sexual content', which is strange since it's being billed as a steamy romantic drama centred around adultery.

Didn't she show quite a lot of her below regions whilst swimming nude in a water tank in a Jonathon Creek episode once? Bit of a Sharon stone moment if I remember rightly!:o
  • Options
    KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    strewth wrote: »
    Didn't she show quite a lot of her below regions whilst swimming nude in a water tank in a Jonathon Creek episode once? Bit of a Sharon stone moment if I remember rightly!:o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0Q7ksf6rwE

Enjoy.