Options

Man United Supporters Thread (Part 44)

Comments

• Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    Did I miss the instruction somewhere that we cannot say we don't enjoy watching our team any more?

I make no apology for saying it. We play pedestrian, clueless football that I could coach a team to play against. The only other manager that I can recall in my time, who played such dross was Dave Sexton and he paid for it.

I support my team because of their reputation for playing the right way, win or LOSE and have seen plenty of losses. I can bear losing but not humiliating gutless capitulation which is what is being served up at the moment.

I will go on saying so until it changes.

No. If you find it, show us where anyone has said it.

Don't get me wrong, it was crap tonight. It's been crap for large parts of this season, no-one bar the deluded will argue about that. My point was that I find it a little strange that it's even more downbeat and vitriolic in here tonight for the 1st leg of a 2 leg tie than it has for any of our other defeats, and that some of the comments (not from you) have been downright embarrassing.
  • Options
    Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jcafcw wrote: »
    Has David Moyes pissed off a gypsy?

Pissed on a gypsy more like....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I didn't mean to pee anyone off, I was just expressing my frustrations.

I will cut down during matches from now on in.

And yes I do watch our matches, I just use my Nexus to post when there is a reply, or not much happening at the time.

Seriously why do you give a **** what a bunch of strangers online think? If you want to watch and post then watch and post ffs
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Osusana wrote: »
    Did I miss the instruction somewhere that we cannot say we don't enjoy watching our team any more?

I make no apology for saying it. We play pedestrian, clueless football that I could coach a team to play against. The only other manager that I can recall in my time, who played such dross was Dave Sexton and he paid for it.

I support my team because of their reputation for playing the right way, win or LOSE and have seen plenty of losses. I can bear losing but not humiliating gutless capitulation which is what is being served up at the moment.

I will go on saying so until it changes.

I would say with 100% of certainty that none of it was aimed in your direction TBH :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    That's actually one of the most embarrassing posts I've read in a while in here.

Let's all enjoy us playing like a Sunday leage team sure

Exactly, it does my head in how a select few on here seem to think their god's gift to supporting the club.
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yea sure i support the team regardless too thing is though I'm allowed to not enjoy my team and manager being completely clueless

The feelings mutual btw i dnt understand u either but isn't that what an internet discussion is about? If not I'll certainly **** off

Then explain what you think that Moyes did wrong, rather than just giving it the 'Moyes is rubbish' spiel.

Mate, this wasn't necessarily aimed at you, I just get ground down by the baseless, uninformed crap that gets spouted every time that we lose.

I've said what I think he's doing wrong, as have others on here. If you want debate, then give me your opinion of what he's getting wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GetHoppy wrote: »
    Exactly, it does my head in how a select few on here seem to think their god's gift to supporting the club.

Who thinks that?

I generally find you to be a very worthwhile poster. If people have issues with Moyes, then that's fine.

I think that you know what I was getting at.
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then explain what you think that Moyes did wrong, rather than just giving it the 'Moyes is rubbish' spiel.

Mate, this wasn't necessarily aimed at you, I just get ground down by the baseless, uninformed crap that gets spouted every time that we lose.

I've said what I think he's doing wrong, as have others on here. If you want debate, then give me your opinion of what he's getting wrong.

Lack of passion as shown tonight
    Predictable in every match
    Bad interviews and press conferences
    The whole summer although that just wasn't him
    Seemingly unable to motivate a group of players who only half a year ago were winning a record 20th title
    Crap tactics against no disrespect lower teams
    Now starting to blame referees for no reason
    Bizarre substitutions

I'd give my right nut if I was proved otherwise but the man and his back room staff aren't up to it, 6 months down the line we've actually become worse not better under him
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,549
    Forum Member
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    No. If you find it, show us where anyone has said it.

Don't get me wrong, it was crap tonight. It's been crap for large parts of this season, no-one bar the deluded will argue about that. My point was that I find it a little strange that it's even more downbeat and vitriolic in here tonight for the 1st leg of a 2 leg tie than it has for any of our other defeats, and that some of the comments (not from you) have been downright embarrassing.

Post 5450 I believe
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    I would say with 100% of certainty that none of it was aimed in your direction TBH :)

That may be true but I had posted that I did not enjoy watching us play anymore so took it personally. i blame Moyes for that as well;-)
  • Options
    Nova21Nova21 Posts: 14,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A team that thanks to the manager and their reputation achieved more than the sum of its parts last season domestically is now a team that without their two strikers are only a top 6 team on paper..

It was the same at Liverpool in the two seasons before Torres left, an average squad reliant on him and Gerrard until they rebuilt completely...

Man Utd and the fans have to accept now that you need to rebuild completely. You don't have the aura and swagger anymore and teams know that you are vulnerable so will now play to win, whereas previously, many teams would sit back and therefore a man Utd win or a draw were the only likely results, especially at OT.

I feel sorry for moyes and he is out of his depth but anyone would be. Mourinho would not have been in this position as his force of will would have ensured that he would have spent 80 million last summer, but with this squad, he would not have you playing exciting football and I don't think you would be in the top three.

Can't type more as tablets are annoying but I have further views and I'm sure you are all waiting with baited breath!
  • Options
    CaptainRobboCaptainRobbo Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Jim did you see Moyes sat on his arse for the last 10 minutes of the game?

He was void of passion, ideas and offered no encouragement to the team.

I'm sorry but I don't want that fool at our club any longer let alone keeping him till the end of the season destroying our great club further.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seemingly unable to motivate a group of players who only half a year ago were winning a record 20th title
    Bizarre substitutions

I'd give my right nut if I was proved otherwise but the man and his back room staff aren't up for it, 6 months down the line we've actually become worse not better under him

Now that's what I'm talking about. For what it's worth:

I agree, we are too predictable, but I think that we have been for a couple of years.

Totally agree about the interviews.

The summer was a farce, but as you say, I blame others more than him.

He can only do so much, motivationally. In a sense this was bound to happen, regardless of who came in. They'll all look at him and think 'you're not the gaffer'. It's like a kid with a new step-dad.

His recent complaints about the refs have had some justification, for me. And Ferguson wasn't slow to blame a ref.

Personally, I can't say that I've found his substitutions 'bizarre'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bizarre substitutions

I'd give my right nut if I was proved otherwise but the man and his back room staff aren't up to it, 6 months down the line we've actually become worse not better under him

That's a fair summary, and I can't disagree with much if any of it. It's just that when you read page after page of 'Moyes is crap' with nothing constructive posted, it gets very tiresome.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jim did you see Moyes sat on his arse for the last 10 minutes of the game?

He was void of passion, ideas and offered no encouragement to the team.

I'm sorry but I don't want that fool at our club any longer let alone keeping him till the end of the season destroying our great club further.

I saw him on his feet, shouting and offering instruction for the majority of the game.

There's only so much that a manager can do. And I saw the players trying desperately to get the equaliser.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nova21 wrote: »
    Mourinho would not have been in this position as his force of will would have ensured that he would have spent 80 million last summer

Precisely why he didn't get the job.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We'll after slagging the officials it's clear Moyes will face a ban soon.
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We'll after slagging the officials it's clear Moyes will face a ban soon.

It looks that way.
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    The forums are in meltdown here and at other places, didnt see the game but just caught sky sports news and moyes looked deflated and it would not suprise me to think by the end of the month he will be out of a job.

Gonna leave the knee jerk reactions to the abu's on here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Over on Redcafe I read this post by Sir Matt.

I think it sums up things perfectly, it's certainly how I feel.

I think most fans are upset, not because we won't win any trophies this season, but because we aren't even competitive or entertaining. Dire football, dire results. When Sir Matt Busby was manager, he reminded the players regularly that the people who filled Old Trafford worked all week looking forward to see United play on Saturday. He also reminded them that those people deserved to be entertained and demanded entertaining football. It so happened that his entertaining football also led to trophies as well. Fans could take poor results if the football were entertaining, but it has been far, far from it. For all the complaints about United last season, the team were always a threat to put on a show. Under moyes, it's been nothing but awful football and awful results. Sir Matt Busby didn't expect people to spend their weekends watching turgid football out of some masochistic delight in proving oneself to be a "True United Supporter™." Moyes' football has been unimaginative, overly cautious, and ineffective.

Football was, and is, an escape for people around the world from their everyday life. You can't expect people to be happy with the football, in style or results, United have produced this season. Excuses can be made about the squad that was good enough last year but suddenly not this year, but it comes down to the manager. It's his job to produce results as well as entertaining football. Moyes has done neither.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    I'm all for giving people time its our philosophy but its hard to defend him when Moyes looks like he couldn't care less.

We have had bad spells under Sir Alex but if we were losing that hair dryer were out and he was up and defiant moyes was just slumped in his chair.

He also keeps saying i will sort it out and its ok saying that but ffs back up your words because from where i am were getting worse
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Cafe :D
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    Red Cafe :D

Tbh I spend more time on browsing their posts than I do on here these days.
  • Options
    Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its unfair for some of our fans to verbally attack posters won't name names, but they know who they are.

I still believe we will turn it around and get to Wembley. The tie is far from over.

The shake of the head at the final whistle from Sir Bobby says it all .
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You do realise you've only lost a first leg game to Sunderland?

You've not been ripped apart and humiliated by FC Barcelona, you are still in the competition
This discussion has been closed.