Options

'The 7.39' New 2 Part BBC Romantic Drama Starts 6th Jan 9pm

Comments

• Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Wow people have just ripped about Sheridan's looks in here.
  • Options
    KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Jealous women.
  • Options
    DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Many of us admire her mighty fine attributes but are too shy to mention them :blush:
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,594
    Forum Member
    CABINET wrote: »
    Can you tell me whether you think she had hair extensions - I thought it looked a bit weird at times :confused:.

I'm too old to know about such things :blush:.

I did wonder if she had hair extensions but not sure. Her hair was cut into at the crown and longer underneath. I liked it.

If they were extensions, they were good ones.
  • Options
    Flabby_GutFlabby_Gut Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    This programme was one of the worst pieces of television I have ever seen let down even more by the fact that it had some very talented actors who were completely underused.

Very rarely will I not watch the 2nd part of a 2 parter but this is the exception. No likeable characters and completely unbelievable.

I wish I could get my hour back for watching the 1st part. Truly dire from the cheesy beyond belief opening music to what I saw at the end.

Dire, utterly dire. I'm not usually that bothered what and how the BBC spends my money but with this I want a full license fee rebate!
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flabby_Gut wrote: »
    This programme was one of the worst pieces of television I have ever seen let down even more by the fact that it had some very talented actors who were completely underused.

Very rarely will I not watch the 2nd part of a 2 parter but this is the exception. No likeable characters and completely unbelievable.

I wish I could get my hour back for watching the 1st part. Truly dire from the cheesy beyond belief opening music to what I saw at the end.

Dire, utterly dire. I'm not usually that bothered what and how the BBC spends my money but with this I want a full license fee rebate!

One of the worst pieces of television. Really? Have you seen Atlantis?
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The moment she threw up, I said to my husband..."That baby better not be born with a beard"
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuperSal1 wrote: »
    I felt the pace was good and the script was believable. I liked the fact that she was with a new guy at the end, but I'm not sure as a wife I could have forgiven him.

My other observations:

1. Rubbish idea that he could be dismissed so easily - employment law!! Disciplinary procedure? Even with redundancy there is consultation and notice...

2. The house they stayed in by the White cliffs is one of my default screen savers!

Wasn't it also used in the film Atonement?
  • Options
    davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flabby_Gut wrote: »

But it took you nearly 48 hours to unleash such vitriol and hatred? Methinks you watched both parts and actually enjoyed it......
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davie1924 wrote: »
    But it took you nearly 48 hours to unleash such vitriol and hatred? Methinks you watched both parts and actually enjoyed it......

Hmm..

Check out "Dire" in the dictionary, you won't find either "vitriol" or "hatred."

We often get a few reactions like yours, when someone criticises a programme someone else likes.

But that's DS for you.

The criticisms were actually quite mild.
    I gave up with it after about fifteen minutes, as I found it boring.

If you liked it, that's fine, why should anyone who didn't, care?
  • Options
    chrishartxxchrishartxx Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    Can you tell me whether you think she had hair extensions - I thought it looked a bit weird at times :confused:.

I'm too old to know about such things :blush:.

I thought it was just a bad dye job LOL.
  • Options
    dsimillerdsimiller Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Olivia Coleman saw them were they in a London park or a local one? It didn't seem plausible that she could have followed them up to London but I could be wrong.

It looked like Embankment Gardens opposite Waterloo.
  • Options
    Mark59Mark59 Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    Anyone know if The 7.39 is going to be repeated on TV any time soon?
  • Options
    Busy_LizzieBusy_Lizzie Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    I didn't think the end scene was realistic. Surely even after patching up his marriage, when seeing Sally ( is that the girlfriend's name?) on the train platform with a new man, I don't believe the natural reaction would be to smile.

Surely he would feel jealous? I know that I would! ;-)
  • Options
    InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dsimiller wrote: »
    It looked like Embankment Gardens opposite Waterloo.

Yes, I thought that too.

It was the only scene that I thought had some ambiguity, and I wondered whether Nicholls had slightly rewritten the ending, or a scene was cut for timing reasons. If I remember correctly - and I was sure I heard correctly at the time - Carl and Sally were embracing in the park when Sally turned to look down the path. Before we saw that she was looking at Maggie, Sally said "I'm so sorry".

At that moment I wondered, had she told Maggie about the affair? Why else would she say she was sorry? She said it again later, as if it were her fault that Maggie caught them. As far as I can remember there was no reason for her to know Maggie would be there when she looked up, and no reason why Maggie would know where they were.

Or did I miss something...
  • Options
    richardwdsrichardwds Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    Sheridan shouldn't have done this, she's a great actress who needs great roles in good projects, not this kind of fill programming.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inkblot wrote: »
    At that moment I wondered, had she told Maggie about the affair? Why else would she say she was sorry? She said it again later, as if it were her fault that Maggie caught them. As far as I can remember there was no reason for her to know Maggie would be there when she looked up, and no reason why Maggie would know where they were.

Yeah, I wondered where the "I'm sorry" came from when the women didn't know each other at that point. Unless he had being shown her photos of his wife (which is unlikely), how did she know who the woman standing in the park was?
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    Yeah, I wondered where the "I'm sorry" came from when the women didn't know each other at that point. Unless he had being shown her photos of his wife (which is unlikely), how did she know who the woman standing in the park was?
    But is it? During their early encounters on the train, Carl might well have shown Sally pictures of his family, before it became "serious".

Not usually my cup of tea, this sort of thing, but I really enjoyed it.

K
  • Options
    cuzacuza Posts: 1,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »

Well was it not from the way she was standing there, rooted to the spot,looking at them with such a look of shock and horror?
  • Options
    ThePenkethPedanThePenkethPedan Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Liked the London scenes, the trains, commuting - took me back to my London days in the 1960s; wish I`d made more of my opportunities.... The false note in particular for me was the idyllic cottage which was suddenly available to them - I found that an unlikely turn of events.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I thought that too.

It was the only scene that I thought had some ambiguity, and I wondered whether Nicholls had slightly rewritten the ending, or a scene was cut for timing reasons. If I remember correctly - and I was sure I heard correctly at the time - Carl and Sally were embracing in the park when Sally turned to look down the path. Before we saw that she was looking at Maggie, Sally said "I'm so sorry".

She was saying sorry to Carl, Maggie was stood a long way away from them.

Maggie had followed Carl because she was starting to get suspicious. She was going to look at his phone that morning remember.
  • Options
    nvellanvella Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I quite enjoyed that.

Loved Sheridan's dress :)

Her dress was lovely wasn't it? I found out it's from Zara and there are a few being sold on ebay
  • Options
    InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KMKYWAP wrote: »
    She was saying sorry to Carl, Maggie was stood a long way away from them.

Maggie had followed Carl because she was starting to get suspicious. She was going to look at his phone that morning remember.

Yes, she said "I'm so sorry" to Carl as if she already knew that Maggie was there, and everything was going to go wrong. She didn't say "Oh my God is that your wife?" or something similar - it was more like she was apologising for something she had done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, she said "I'm so sorry" to Carl as if she already knew that Maggie was there, and everything was going to go wrong. She didn't say "Oh my God is that your wife?" or something similar - it was more like she was apologising for something she had done.

She was saying sorry to Carl because he had just been caught by his wife.
  • Options
    lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    Isn't it fashionable to have facial fuzz just now.. there must be somebody that likes it

Jeremy Paxman has started a trend!