[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Well its up and running ;)

Done, let the piss taking commence! :D
  • Options
    MookleMookle Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tinder is a pile of crap isn't it? No one actually wants to talk on there, I think most are just looking for an ego boost.
  • Options
    marc_p88marc_p88 Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best thing for internet dating is getting in incredible shape. To be honest, most women on dating sites like a guy with a really good body. They may deny it and say "it's more about personality" but that's bullsh*t! Majority of women on dating sites like a guy whose photos show off his great body and good dress sense.

I still get messages from good looking women and I'm a loser.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    marc_p88 wrote: »
    Best thing for internet dating is getting in incredible shape. To be honest, most women on dating sites like a guy with a really good body. They may deny it and say "it's more about personality" but that's bullsh*t! Majority of women on dating sites like a guy whose photos show off his great body and good dress sense.

QFT ;-)
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    marc_p88 wrote: »

If I see a profile where the guy has a topless picture to show off his body as his main pic I instantly move onto someone else. It's so vain, I can't help but picture them as the stereotypical dumb jock. Maybe that makes me shallow but I can almost guarantee someone who is that obsessed with his six pack that he wants it to be the first thing people see if going to have no interest in me.

I'm just getting back into online dating after a couple of completely unsuccessful attempts before. But I'm 27 now and still never had a relationship of any kind, I'm getting fed up. I'm on POF, evow and OKcupid. I can't afford to pay for a dating service so I'm stuck with the free ones. Any advice guys?
  • Options
    BermondseybrickBermondseybrick Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I see a profile where the guy has a topless picture to show off his body as his main pic I instantly move onto someone else. It's so vain, I can't help but picture them as the stereotypical dumb jock. Maybe that makes me shallow but I can almost guarantee someone who is that obsessed with his six pack that he wants it to be the first thing people see if going to have no interest in me.

I'm just getting back into online dating after a couple of completely unsuccessful attempts before. But I'm 27 now and still never had a relationship of any kind, I'm getting fed up. I'm on POF, evow and OKcupid. I can't afford to pay for a dating service so I'm stuck with the free ones. Any advice guys?

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1928141

have a look on there ;)..whats the reason you haven't had a relationship in 27 years ?

enjoying the single life ?
    college ?
    work ?
    never found the right guy ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1928141

have a look on there ;)..whats the reason you haven't had a relationship in 27 years ?

enjoying the single life ?
    college ?
    work ?
    never found the right guy ?

How did I miss that thread, d'oh.

I enjoy being single but I've never had the confidence to go out and meet people. I'm overweight so I've got into my head that no-one would be interested because of that. But I've reached that point in my life where almost everyone I know is either in a committed relationship, engaged, married, expecting or have kids and I'm starting to stick out like a sore thumb so I want to do something about it. I've also noticed signs of becoming a bitter spinster so I want to nip that in the bud :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How did I miss that thread, d'oh.

I enjoy being single but I've never had the confidence to go out and meet people. I'm overweight so I've got into my head that no-one would be interested because of that. But I've reached that point in my life where almost everyone I know is either in a committed relationship, engaged, married, expecting or have kids and I'm starting to stick out like a sore thumb so I want to do something about it. I've also noticed signs of becoming a bitter spinster so I want to nip that in the bud :D

you do know that some guys like a little meat on the bones

not everyone is after some coat hanger model type put yourself out there and get to it

you haven't got more than 3 cats have you ? :D;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member

not everyone is after some coat hanger model type put yourself out there and get to it

you haven't got more than 3 cats have you ? :D;-)

Yep I know, any time I mention a dating site to my Dad he always says "there are sites out for people who like larger women" and I think, well that's great but I don't want to be overweight and am losing weight, so I don't want someone who only wants an overweight woman. Don't get me wrong I'm never going to be skinny, I'm aiming for curvy :)

Nope, no cats, I'm a big fan of the musical Cats but I don't have any actual ones.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Curvy is good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Too right. My ex was carrying some extra pounds, and I thought she was gorgeous. I don't like the thin model type either, nothing to cuddle!
  • Options
    shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    Too right. My ex was carrying some extra pounds, and I thought she was gorgeous. I don't like the thin model type either, nothing to cuddle!

Quite enjoying this thread til slag off the thin types came up AGAIN
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shmisk wrote: »

Overreaction, much? I haven't slagged anyone off!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I haven't seen anyone slagging off thin people

what post was that ? :o

certainly not thatdarncats post certainly not mine
  • Options
    shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    there are more ways to say that curvy people are ok then just saying thin people arent

if I had posted 'I like thin people, curby types are too fat too cuddle' I dount that would go down well
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    there are more ways to say that curvy people are ok then just saying thin people arent

if I had posted 'I like thin people, curby types are too fat too cuddle' I dount that would go down well

Yes I do agree with this. Calling thin people 'coat hanger model types' is not very pleasant and just as bad as calling someone a big fat blob.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I do agree with this. Calling thin people 'coat hanger model types' is not very pleasant and just as bad as calling someone a big fat blob.

I don't mean any offence by it

I'm just get annoyed that girls seem to think that all men want slim women when it blatantly isn't true

I'm not saying that thin people aren't attractive because obviously some are but in the same way curvy large woman can be attractive

I'll apologise if my coat hanger remark offended anyone as that really wasn't my intent

And just for balance isn't there a thread here somewhere that asks of we feel sorry for fat overweight people ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    **** it, we all love different shapes & sizes and er, stuff.

I love slender blokes with full heads of hair who are older than me with big noses and disappointing teeth.

I'm f**ked, basically :D
  • Options
    this_is_methis_is_me Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funk You wrote: »

So nowt much to report really, hows everyone else?

Still going well for me - 5 months into a relationship initiated via a paid-for dating site. But we did know each other slightly in real-life before she spotted my profile, so that speeded things up at the beginning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love slender blokes with full heads of hair who are older than me with big noses and disappointing teeth.

I'm f**ked, basically :D

Well, that's me out then!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that's me out then!

Why, are your teeth spectacularly impressive?! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why, are your teeth spectacularly impressive?! :D

Yes, and they're all my own!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, and they're all my own!

Well, as long as they're not luminous veneers.... see, I'm not a checkbox dater!! ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, as long as they're not luminous veneers.... see, I'm not a checkbox dater!! ;)

I still fail the test though. I'm thinning on top, although cos I'm 6 foot two hopefully not many can see unless I'm sitting down!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still fail the test though. I'm thinning on top, although cos I'm 6 foot two hopefully not many can see unless I'm sitting down!

Ooh, tall is good too! Ha! ;)