Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 10)

Comments

• Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elena wrote: »
    I'm confused by stuff like this.. They talk about using stuff up that's lying around.. Well they must be a pretty wasteful household full stop then.

Pretty much everything I buy for meals I buy with a fixed meal in mind, so I have enough to make it. I'd love a well-stocked kitchen where I could make stuff on a whim, but I'm not going to buy half the veg aisle on the off chance I have a couple of onions lying around to put in a curry (stuff goes off too.. All well and good keeping things lying around but there's a good chance you'll have to chuck them and that's money wasted)!

And that's before we get started on the meat... I cannot foresee how you'd have enough for food 2 days later..

I'm the same way, it's rare that we have an abundance of leftovers, we have a family of four and I tend to cook just what we need. Our budget doesn't afford us to have a huge chunk of meat every Sunday. Maybe once a month, certainly not four times.

Perhaps these adverts are for families with two people. Anyone who has a teenage boy in the house doesn't have much food going to waste. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole thing of men being belittled in adverts makes me sick.

OK, so it's seen as payback time for some women, for the sexist attitude that was in the advertising world in the past, but just to reverse the role does not make it right.

We have a man being showered with fizzy drink so that he has to undress, a man pelted backwards out of a window by remote control because he annoys his wife, etc, etc. In almost every advert where there's a couple, the man always comes off worst or is made to act the goat

It's wrong. in my opinion.

I don't like those ads either.

The bingo or lottery one with Barbara Windsor where she grabs the guy's ass at the end.. what the hell is THAT about. If that ad were shown with an older creepy guy (cuz let's be honest, she's an older creepy woman) grabbed a young girl's backside, it would get lambasted and probably banned.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is anyone irritated by the Santander 123 advert with the Olympians with no acting skills?

God it irritates me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lectrospin wrote: »
    why would coca-cola care if you switch from regular to diet/zero, it's the same price, think it through before you post.

<sigh>

I asked if they were sponsored by Coke because as these adverts are meant to promote advice for a healthy lifestyle, I would have thought they'd suggest drinking water or some fruit juice diluted with water INSTEAD of another variation of soda.

Of course Coca Cola would be happy for people to 'switch' to diet soda, they're still making money and the public are somehow believing that they're making a 'Change4Life' and being healthier. I just think it's a load of rubbish and seeing as how the gov't are meant to be the ones behind these ads, they should be advocating only having soda as a rare treat, not to have it as a regular intake of fluids (which I feel is what they're doing).

But hey, who's going to make money on suggesting we all drink water? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DrSleep wrote: »
    Is anyone irritated by the Santander 123 advert with the Olympians with no acting skills?

God it irritates me.

I think ads sometimes want the best of both worlds. They get celebs to endorse their stuff and then present them as 'regular folk, just like you n me'. <eyeroll> Just hire no-name actors if you want us to see them as just like you n me. When you hire a celeb with no acting skills, it just looks dumb.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    That bluddy woman is back in the Vista print ad going on about how she 'loves dog grooming' in that awful voice >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The whole thing of men being belittled in adverts makes me sick.

OK, so it's seen as payback time for some women, for the sexist attitude that was in the advertising world in the past, but just to reverse the role does not make it right.

We have a man being showered with fizzy drink so that he has to undress, a man pelted backwards out of a window by remote control because he annoys his wife, etc, etc. In almost every advert where there's a couple, the man always comes off worst or is made to act the goat

It's wrong. in my opinion.

The furniture ads are another example. The men not seeing how much a bargain they are getting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    This is exactly what I was thinking when I saw the ad earlier on. I don't know of any meal where there is enough leftover meat to make another whole meal (or even two days worth) out of it.

Sainsbury's must be incredibly out of touch with a lot of their customers (I am one) If i have 4 people for a Sunday roast, i buy enough meat for... wait for it... 4 people!!
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Sainsbury's must be incredibly out of touch with a lot of their customers (I am one) If i have 4 people for a Sunday roast, i buy enough meat for... wait for it... 4 people!!

The woman with the leftover chicken is a food blogger, she prides herself on spending 50p a week or something. I believe it's just her and her son so to be fair, I suppose a roast chicken would go along way. I think her idea is to spend as little as possible of the more expensive ingredient eg the chicken and pad it out with veg etc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lombard wrote: »
    practice, protein, practice, protein, practice, protein, practice, protein...

Just seen this ad :o >:(
  • Options
    chimp123chimp123 Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    I am fed up of seeing the compare the meerkat advert it is getting on my nerve now.

the other advert which I really don't like is the skittles one
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would appear that children with flies in their eyes all disappear after the Christmas period and that all dogs, donkeys, bears, elephants and bleedin' snow leopards all live happily ever after.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    It would appear that children with flies in their eyes all disappear after the Christmas period and that all dogs, donkeys, bears, elephants and bleedin' snow leopards all live happily ever after.

I believe all the animals have been sent to an African village to feed the starving children.
  • Options
    chimp123chimp123 Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    I am fed up of seeing the DFS advert on the TV screen everyday can we have some new adverts now
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Take a Break ad with a group of women bad mouthing men and threatening to injure them with a bacon slicer, what if it was reversed and men were threatening women?
  • Options
    deev1ne0nedeev1ne0ne Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    The Take a Break ad with a group of women bad mouthing men and threatening to injure them with a bacon slicer, what if it was reversed and men were threatening women?

Oh, how you'd hear them howling from the rooftops >:(
  • Options
    grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,958
    Forum Member
    valkay wrote: »

Yes, it's fun talking of cutting bits off men. I'm waiting for the ad with a group of men talking of lopping off nipples.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    I hate those ads (Sainsburys?) where people are making extra meals out of their Sunday roasts.
    These people are getting Monday's and Tuesday's dinner too out of it! Whenever we cook a roast it's all gone at dinner or by the very latest, supper time, if there is any left. Just what size of roast are these people buying?
    The latest one I saw is some guy making a pork casserole with his leftover pork roast with two kids pulling the pork apart with their snotty, sticky fingers...well, they are little kids so they will be. Puts me right off.
    A whole series of daft adverts...imho.
    I wonder if Jamie Oliver is to blame for this.

In his last series he made a big deal about budgeting for food and using op leftovers.

In one of the first shows he said to do out and but a pork shoulder for a Sunday roast and you can use leftovers for a stirfy to similar.

Ok, so how much is this pork shoulder?...................................... £28 :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Er.... what's with the new Herbal Essences advert with Nicole Scherzinger- just seen it in the break watching Undateables.. that design of bottle hasn't been around for years?? Clearly they are using an American version of the ad but honestly how lazy can you get??? All they needed to do as use the right bottle for a couple of still shots!!
  • Options
    LowriLowri Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Er.... what's with the new Herbal Essences advert with Nicole Scherzinger- just seen it in the break watching Undateables.. that design of bottle hasn't been around for years?? Clearly they are using an American version of the ad but honestly how lazy can you get??? All they needed to do as use the right bottle for a couple of still shots!!

They've actually brought back that style of bottle, I've seen it in several shops. A very odd thing to do in my opinion, the old/current/modern design was much nicer, the way the shampoo and conditioner were complimentary shapes was very clever I thought.

The advert that annoys me is the one for the money advice service. They give the impression that you can be seriously in debt but then finds loads of money by following common sense tips off their website. The one about eating from the freezer instead of getting takeaway is just insulting, I do not need a government department to tell me obvious statements like that.
  • Options
    WhyIsTVSoAwfulWhyIsTVSoAwful Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Is there an advert Nicole Shitsinger WON'T do? Why is she still seen as a 'big' star? :S
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    chimp123 wrote: »
    I am fed up of seeing the compare the meerkat advert it is getting on my nerve now.

the other advert which I really don't like is the skittles one

Yes, they're starting to annoy me now but i do think that baby Oleg is adorable and that's stopping me from hating it so much.

Also the DFS winter sale adverts are on during every ad break and that womans voice is so annoying. The radio advert is a lot worse.
  • Options
    SupportSupport Posts: 70,853
    Administrator
    A number of off-topic posts have been removed from this thread. Please keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Just seen some bullshit ad trying to make you feel good about buying smoothies as all of 10% of the money goes to charity.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    My bad, thank you ^_^
    What is the girl with the strange gurning smile on ,on the Trivago ad? Will someone please push her in the cut. Oh and you can send Chloe with her.:p
This discussion has been closed.