Options

Dating profiles advice thread

Comments

• Options
    Mel O'DramaticMel O'Dramatic Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheers SE. I do get quite a few messages asking me about my script, however, so that's generally something. Or footy/F1/music. And being Irish, alas like Wench I get the usual xenophobic "Potato!" messages from troglodytes. Ah well.

I get the equivalent for being Scottish. 'Hi Jock', 'och aye the noo', you get the gist. Muppets.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just caught up on the blog, blimey, it doesn't exactly look written in the stars, does it? She really does know how to pick 'em....

http://30datesblog.com/2014/01/02/mr-sackoff-the-meanie/

I see he has a child. She makes some interesting comments about it, in light of what we were talking about yesterday on this very thread.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just caught up on the blog, blimey, it doesn't exactly look written in the stars, does it? She really does know how to pick 'em....

Ok, I always try to be a bit live and let live but as she's put herself out there...

Seriously, if that women in real life is anything like the way she comes across on her "blog" she is truly the most tedious, up her arse for no good reason fantasist on the planet.

As for this....
    I have checked out your blog and it is extremely well written! Well done! I’m still apprehensive of the idea of being date number whatever it is … but you are very interesting and if you are still available then a date would be lovely? x’
    Utter fantasy... it isn't and she isn't. There is only one reason why that bloke returned, he was fishing for the possibility of bagging someone that has a minute amount of internet notoriety. A simple notch and under those circumstances would say whatever it took.

Sorry. :blush: a bit of a rant. ahem.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see he has a child. She makes some interesting comments about it, in light of what we were talking about yesterday on this very thread.

what does she say? I couldn't face another trawl through her blog :blush:
  • Options
    BermondseybrickBermondseybrick Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

don't know about anything else but I know I'm doing that RIB boat thing for my next first date ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »

Not a fan then? :D I've copied & pasted it:

For me, the issue with dating a guy who has a child, is that normally that child comes with a mother. And in most circumstances that mother is someone who once meant a great deal to the guy. Relationships are complicated enough without factoring in an ex.

And whilst I realise that probably sounds really selfish, I’ve had enough issues with exes over the years, to know that they are best left firmly in the past.

As someone who has never really been in a long-term relationship, I really like the idea of FIRSTS. First time I properly fall in love with someone, first time I live with a guy, first time buying a house, first time I get married, first time I have a child … And one of the things about dating someone who has already been married or already has children, is that he’s already had those firsts with someone else.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get the equivalent for being Scottish. 'Hi Jock', 'och aye the noo', you get the gist. Muppets.

Do you get "yer not from round 'ere, are ya love?" at supermarket checkouts too?! "Actually I've lived in Yorkshire for 8 years" is my usual response.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

For me, the issue with dating a guy who has a child, is that normally that child comes with a mother. And in most circumstances that mother is someone who once meant a great deal to the guy. Relationships are complicated enough without factoring in an ex.

And whilst I realise that probably sounds really selfish, I’ve had enough issues with exes over the years, to know that they are best left firmly in the past.

As someone who has never really been in a long-term relationship, I really like the idea of FIRSTS. First time I properly fall in love with someone, first time I live with a guy, first time buying a house, first time I get married, first time I have a child … And one of the things about dating someone who has already been married or already has children, is that he’s already had those firsts with someone else.

:o Oh my! Welcome to your 30s, love! It won't get easier! God, she's very, very naïve.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

basically she says that as she gets older (more desperate ?) the fact that her if her potential dates has kids ...she loves kids as she worked as a nanny..but kids come attached with an EX
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    basically she says that as she gets older (more desperate ?) the fact that her if her potential dates has kids ...she loves kids as she worked as a nanny..but kids come attached with an EX

And in other news, water is wet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And in other news, water is wet.

I did file it under the "snow is cold" section

for someone who seems fairly intelligent (26) she is like you said very very naïve
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you get "yer not from round 'ere, are ya love?" at supermarket checkouts too?! "Actually I've lived in Yorkshire for 8 years" is my usual response.....

I don't get that exactly, but I do get surprise that I still have a broad Glaswegian accent. The fact that I've lived in or near London for 27 years and my accent is very far from broad is irrelevant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did file it under the "snow is cold" section

for someone who seems fairly intelligent (26) she is like you said very very naïve

She's 30, is she not? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep she turned 30 at the end of September last year during her dating challenge.

She is very naive judging by her comments.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you Miss O'D :D I'm surprised anyone picked that up I thought I'd be so subtle :p

hmmmm...... she comes to the right conclusion but for all the wrong reasons *rolleyes* And if you enter into a marriage with the idea that its your "First marriage" aren't you kinda setting yourself up for failure ?

The problem as I see it and (the reason she has had problems with exes) is almost certainly her and her attitudes, there comes a point in life and I would say 30 ish is dangerously close to it, when you *have* to accept that everyone you go out with *will* have some baggage and that its how the person concerned deals with *their* baggage is the important point.
    Seriously, I'm afraid when she goes out with a bloke she's stealing someone who is in all probability a halfway decent chap from a women who actually deserves to be in a relationship.

Please tell me none of you find this women in the least bit credible? :(

ER... Sorry another rant .. ahem .. :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a guess :p

No I don't find her credible at all, I find her rather sad and insecure. And spot on - at the age of 30 she's going to find it pretty well impossible to meet someone who doesn't have at least one serious relationship under their belt.
  • Options
    ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't actually thnk she is looking for someone who hasn't had any serious relationships, she just didn't want someone with kids which is a legitimate choice. At 30, I think she still has loads of options for men who have never been married/had kids. To her credit, she does seem to have opened her mind a lot since she started the blog.

She came across as quite sweet in the blind date video of herself that she posted, and seems to take criticism/fun poking at herself in good spirit.

I do agree she seems a bit naive, probably because she hasn't had any long-term relationships, and she still seems to fancy a bloke a bit more when he sort of rejects her, but maybe she'll get over those things in time as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a guess :p

No I don't find her credible at all, I find her rather sad and insecure. And spot on - at the age of 30 she's going to find it pretty well impossible to meet someone who doesn't have at least one serious relationship under their belt.

Ah... you were just lucky then :D

Anyway, that'll be my last word on her. I'm actually in a good mood and don't want it spoiling :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's 30, is she not? ;)

is she ? :o

I kind of stopped looking at after I saw the "quaffing a champers dahling" picture
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP - I only got to your rejigged profile on page 3 before I decided that your use of brackets is so freaking annoying.

Apologies if you have rejigged it some more :D
  • Options
    Funk YouFunk You Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    Well I made some changes people suggested to my profile so lets hope something works for me.
  • Options
    DrFlowDemandDrFlowDemand Posts: 2,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wench, you're so funny. Do you swing both ways? Date me! Date me! :*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Please tell me none of you find this women in the least bit credible? :(

ER... Sorry another rant .. ahem .. :blush:

Oh lordy no! I may not be successful in recent years in my relationships, and I may be (fairly) accused of being cynical, but god almighty she's got a lot to learn. And not an awful lot of self-respect either.

I also do wonder how on earth she's dating these supposedly innocent guys who most definitely aren't after sex at all on Tinder?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP - I only got to your rejigged profile on page 3 before I decided that your use of brackets is so freaking annoying.

Apologies if you have rejigged it some more :D

Post #94

still has the annoying brackets :D:blush:
  • Options
    wenchwench Posts: 8,928
    Forum Member
    wench, you're so funny. Do you swing both ways? Date me! Date me! :*

Oh Lordy :blush:
    Way back when in my experimental days maybe but alas I seem to be attracted to those simpler, hairier creatures they call men :D