Options

The last few days is a perfect example of why Live Feed is needed

SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just look at the last few days, all it has been is Casey, Lee and Jasmine, we have had bugger all of anyone else. The only time we have seen anything of anyone else recently is when they voice their opinions on the situation involving Casey, Lee and Jasmine.

If we had our 2 hours of live feed that we had during the last series of regular and Celeb BB we would be able to see a bit of everyone.

Right now we have seen hardly anything of over half the HM's, this isn't right.

Does anyone actually know why they ditched the live feed for this series ? because from what i remember, they said they were delighted with the amount of hits they were getting for the online live feed. It just seems confusing as to why they would ditch it if they were happy with it.

Comments

• Options
    bb2011fanbb2011fan Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they'll bring it back in the civilian series. It's more needed there to be honest,never really been interested in watching the live feed for the celebs
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's so frustrating because occasionally we see glimpses of the other housemates having conversations and it's far more interesting than this silly love triangle/showmance or whatever you want to call it.

Live feed was axed because they can't manipulate the show properly with it in place, because people who watch LF will always see the full picture where as the producers want you to see a distorted picture that fits whatever their agenda is that week.
  • Options
    1Mickey1Mickey Posts: 10,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They said back at the first series on c5 that they didn't care about the complaints about lack of live feed because they see it being on Facebook and twitter as progress. If anything the anger has died down and a lot of the old fans of the program have given up on it altogether since then so I can't see them spending the money to reinstate it now there's virtually nobody left who cares about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1Mickey wrote: »
    They said back at the first series on c5 that they didn't care about the complaints about lack of live feed because they see it being on Facebook and twitter as progress. If anything the anger has died down and a lot of the old fans of the program have given up on it altogether since then so I can't see them spending the money to reinstate it now there's virtually nobody left who cares about it.

But that is the thing, it was a hit online during regular and celeb BB last year, so clearly plenty of fans are still interested.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I totally agree but what does the viewers opinion matter to Channel 5 any more.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They ditched it because it cost more to put on than they actually got back.

When you lot start working for free, then BB make think of doing the same.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's so frustrating because occasionally we see glimpses of the other housemates having conversations and it's far more interesting than this silly love triangle/showmance or whatever you want to call it.

Live feed was axed because they can't manipulate the show properly with it in place, because people who watch LF will always see the full picture where as the producers want you to see a distorted picture that first whatever their agenda is that week.

It really is hard to argue against that reason.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1Mickey wrote: »

Yes that is true. The whole,far more interesting original ethos has been abandoned and destroyed. This is now no more than a Channel 5 soap. Younger viewers have no idea that it was infinitely better with live feed. Many older long time viewers have abandoned it altogether now I'm sure. Very sad :)
  • Options
    lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Live feed was axed because they can't manipulate the show properly with it in place, because people who watch LF will always see the full picture where as the producers want you to see a distorted picture that fits whatever their agenda is that week.

This is the real reason they ditched it. Not cost. Not insufficient interest or any of the other fluff they have tossed out as reasons.
    Control and manipulation and it will never come back IMO.
    The surprise is that anybody still spends their money to vote.
  • Options
    Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member

And yet ever other BB in the world (except Australia) has a 24/7 live feed some even have multiple cameras, is the UK the only country where this service makes a loss? Or as others have said the reason for no feed might be the show can't be manipulated as easily with a 24/7 feed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lynwood3 wrote: »
    This is the real reason they ditched it. Not cost. Not insufficient interest or any of the other fluff they have tossed out as reasons.

Voting, something I did most weeks sometimes several times a week back in the good old C4 days. Since moving to C5 I have voted 6 times. NO live feed = much less votes from me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cloudy2 wrote: »
    And yet ever other BB in the world (except Australia) has a 24/7 live feed some even have multiple cameras, is the UK the only country where this service makes a loss? Or as others have said the reason for no feed might be the show can't be manipulated as easily with a 24/7 feed.

I'm not sure it even costs that much at all, they have the cameras rolling 24/7 anyway so i don't see how it could possibly be losing money.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    I'm not sure it even costs that much at all, they have the cameras rolling 24/7 anyway so i don't see how it could possibly be losing money.

I agree, the cost argument doesn't stand-up for me, you are right it's being filmed anyway all they need to do is put the feed on the website, how hard can that be. Yes there needs to be a delay to edit something that can't be aired but I can't see how that additional cost makes a 24/7 feed unworkable when every other country has a 24/7 feed.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

That's not the reason.
  • Options
    LukemeatsixLukemeatsix Posts: 224
    Forum Member
    Money isn't the problem, it's just C5 have this weird thing where they think Twitter and Facebook is better for the show over live feed. I don't see why they can't all work together. Twitter, Facebook and Live feed would be great.
  • Options
    nanna7nanna7 Posts: 1,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember paying 14.99 for on online 24/7 for BB11 and watching it almost non stop we got the whole story wish channel 5 would do that we'll worth it for 13 weeks
  • Options
    _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The live feed was pretty much useless last celebrity series as most of the housemates just spent the whole of it in bed, so I think they dropped it this series assuming it would be the same but it does seem like loads is going on in the late hours so live feed would probably have been very much worth watching, I don't think I would have watched it though.
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »
    The live feed was pretty much useless last celebrity series as most of the housemates just spent the whole of it in bed, so I think they dropped it this series assuming it would be the same but it does seem like loads is going on in the late hours so live feed would probably have been very much worth watching, I don't think I would have watched it though.

Actually, as I recall they all stayed up almost every time and we had night after night of pissed Carol, pissed Charlotte and then one night pissed Sophie too.
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Just look at the last few days, all it has been is Casey, Lee and Jasmine, we have had bugger all of anyone else. The only time we have seen anything of anyone else recently is when they voice their opinions on the situation involving Casey, Lee and Jasmine.

If we had our 2 hours of live feed that we had during the last series of regular and Celeb BB we would be able to see a bit of everyone.

Right now we have seen hardly anything of over half the HM's, this isn't right.

Does anyone actually know why they ditched the live feed for this series ? because from what i remember, they said they were delighted with the amount of hits they were getting for the online live feed. It just seems confusing as to why they would ditch it if they were happy with it.

I know it is most frustrating. This is a CBB that would really work with LF - I don't see this as an in bed by 10pm sort of house - well not for sleeping anyway. I even upgraded to unlimited broadband before Christmas which I didn't have for the lest and main series.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    Can,t understand why its not online for a fee there loss ridiculous even at £20
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    lynwood3 wrote: »
    Cloudy2 wrote: »
    Voting, something I did most weeks sometimes several times a week back in the good old C4 days. Since moving to C5 I have voted 6 times. NO live feed = much less votes from me.

I only voted once during the whole of BB14 and not at all during the last CBB
  • Options
    jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not much but Big Brother 24/7 ‏@bbuk247 28m
    At 11:30pm tonight is the first installment of LIVE STREAMING on Channel 5! #CBB #bbuklive
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    jeanoj wrote: »
    Not much but Big Brother 24/7 ‏@bbuk247 28m
    At 11:30pm tonight is the first installment of LIVE STREAMING on Channel 5! #CBB #bbuklive

A massive 20 minutes or so of LF just as it's hopefully kicking off after the return of Lee and Casey
  • Options
    ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member

Surely it must take more staff to monitor a live feed and have the finger constantly on the bird song button in case of anything that can't be aired?
  • Options
    jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    A massive 20 minutes or so of LF just as it's hopefully kicking off after the return of Lee and Casey

:( It seems we must be satisfied with just crumbs this year. Hopefully we will get the whole loaf for civilian BB