Options

silent witness on bbc1 now

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    No, I still love it! Can't imagine anyone being good enough to replace Nikki if Emilia ever quits the show though.

I thought this first part was very good. I prefer the story to last week's episode already. I loved the antagonism between Nikki and the female detective! It looks like the guy who was released is firmly in the frame for these murders though... I don't know who else could have killed those boys... there doesn't seem to be many other suspects?

I enjoy the show but eventually it will end. I much preferred the harry Cunningham era personally going back to his early shows when the original woman was there. Her name has completely left me for some reason
  • Options
    shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    I enjoy the show but eventually it will end. I much preferred the harry Cunningham era personally going back to his early shows when the original woman was there. Her name has completely left me for some reason

Dr Sam Ryan played by Amanda Burton.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    shanders wrote: »
    Dr Sam Ryan played by Amanda Burton.

Cheers. For some reason I think of Amanda redman. But that's just me and blonds :blush:
  • Options
    nomad2kingnomad2king Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    I don't fully get the evidence for the "unsafe" ruling. Surely the pressure on the knee from the tree would have been too small to make a difference. There is a difference between the weight of a whole body and the knee resting on something with the hip joint further restricting sideways movement.

Is this an unintentional plot-hole or something that is going to crop up in the story?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That episode was sooooooo boring. Badly lit in places, the dialogue mumbled and the 'action' slower than an arthritic tortoise on valium. I gave up towards the end just clicking back on for the 'coming next' bit. Don't think I'll bother.
  • Options
    MR. MacavityMR. Macavity Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That episode was sooooooo boring. Badly lit in places, the dialogue mumbled and the 'action' slower than an arthritic tortoise on valium. I gave up towards the end just clicking back on for the 'coming next' bit. Don't think I'll bother.

The picture quality was terrible, and annoyingly you'll probably find that it was a deliberate arty effect on the part of the Director. Come on BBC, we've bought our HD sets we want to see sharp clear pictures and be able to follow dialogue without putting the subtitles on!

I did enjoy the storyline and episode though - one the better SWs in recent times for me.
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just read the same comment on Points of View! But there you put "I thought.."!
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where is this supposed to be set? The suspect sounded like a northerner and his sister sounded like a southerner. He looks very like Jake Gyllenhaal. What are the odds that two guys from Northern Ireland are working on the same case.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    Just read the same comment on Points of View! But there you put "I thought.."!

Aahhhhh you have found my alter ego! At least I am consistent! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member

I actually took my glasses off and cleaned them halfway through as I honestly thought they were dirty. The combination of the extreme soft focus and those lights with the green lampshades on was doing my head in and I quickly lost interest
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish Nikki would stop wearing those stupidly high heels as she can't walk in them. She bounces around, stomping as she goes.

I like the show, but the above comment is starting to take over my enjoyment. Too much of her marching around and not enough action.
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems to be the Emilia Fox show no one else gets a look in
  • Options
    hallchallc Posts: 200,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He looks very like Jake Gyllenhaal. .

I thought it was Phillip Oliver at first
  • Options
    chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good episode,i think its the solicitor. which series was emilia pregnant?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers. For some reason I think of Amanda redman. But that's just me and blonds :blush:

She was in new tricks
  • Options
    JT EffectJT Effect Posts: 5,177
    Forum Member
    Where is this supposed to be set? The suspect sounded like a northerner and his sister sounded like a southerner. He looks very like Jake Gyllenhaal. What are the odds that two guys from Northern Ireland are working on the same case.

Initially I thought the soldier and his sister were supposed to be affecting a London accent, but then later on (especially when they were both up and hiding in what seemed to be the landing cupboard?) they sounded a bit Nottingham.
  • Options
    BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Camino wrote: »
    Seems to be the Emilia Fox show no one else gets a look in

Are you surprised, especially with her new hairstyle
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you surprised, especially with her new hairstyle

her new hairstyle was bad in the episodes last week it was even worse last nigh :D
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    JT Effect wrote: »
    Initially I thought the soldier and his sister were supposed to be affecting a London accent, but then later on (especially when they were both up and hiding in what seemed to be the landing cupboard?) they sounded a bit Nottingham.

Yeah. Their accents definitely changed. She definitely had a London accent then it sort of changed which confused me cause he sounded so northern. Plus her husband/ boyfriend was a Londoner.
  • Options
    ellie1167ellie1167 Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nobody ever turns a light on...instead of giving the actors 'lessons' in science they should give them lessons on how a light switch works. And most medical places are lit with harsh neon type lights but the Lyle Centre would be better lit if they used candles. Half the time you can't see who is mumbling in the dark
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guessed the killer correctly!!
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,644
    Forum Member
    Given the recent Duggan case news was half surprised this was not postponed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was set in London but Michael Socha is from Manchester. Perhaps he cannot do a southern accent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Double post.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    great Scottish hillbillies next week