Options

What's your view of Cornwall

Comments

• Options
    ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All clotted cream needs to be sent to me. Purely for health and safety reasons of course :D
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »
    I'm sure they've taken precautions!

Yeah,up to a point.Chilled boxes etc.But it's all about traceability isn't it?.I know how these courier firms work and it isn't good.I wouldn't trust them.
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    Yeah,up to a point.Chilled boxes etc.But it's all about traceability isn't it?.I know how these courier firms work and it isn't good.I wouldn't trust them.
    Yes, better safe than sorry.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I spent a month there every year for many years.

It's beautiful.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    My favourite place
  • Options
    Neil5234Neil5234 Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice views but the people come across as *******.
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the place, and would gladly visit more often, if it weren't for
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just checked.It was 'Philps' bakery the trucker went to.As good as they said it was?.

Philps breakfast pasties are the dogs.
  • Options
    WellHiddenMarkWellHiddenMark Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic broadband.
  • Options
    greengrangreengran Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping to go there this year but our wretched local airline has decided to stop flying there. By car or train it's too long.
  • Options
    RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    greengran wrote: »
    I was hoping to go there this year but our wretched local airline has decided to stop flying there. By car or train it's too long.

Devon's nicer :)
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?pws=0&gl=uk&q=stansted+to+exeter
  • Options
    whitecliffewhitecliffe Posts: 12,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the ex fishing villages, I love fowey but out of season, in July/August crowded and horrid
  • Options
    StaunchyStaunchy Posts: 10,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love it although I haven't been there for some years, oh how I miss Trago in Liskeard.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'If you're fond of sand dunes and salty air,quaint little villages,here and there.....'.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Cornwall is the best county for holidays etc in England IMO and would love to live in a seaside town such as St Ives, St Agnes or Perranporth.

Been there several times.
  • Options
    irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From what I can remember it was a lovely place ... We went to Lands End while on holidays and the green fields driving down there made it feel very much like home.
  • Options
    farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Full of inbred weirdos. What's not to LIKE???! :-)
  • Options
    skipjack79skipjack79 Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    farmer bob wrote: »
    Full of inbred weirdos. What's not to LIKE???! :-)

It's also full of "out of towners" who go for the surfing, who generally have a friendly vibe about them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cornwall is the best county for holidays etc in England IMO and would love to live in a seaside town such as St Ives, St Agnes or Perranporth.

Been there several times.

The painters seem to love the 'unique light' that St Ives has.Never been there myself but it looks beautiful.Really relaxing.Maybe i'll retire there when I win the lottery.:)
  • Options
    Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    Well I'm in rural Scotland, never been but would love to. I may be entirely wrong but I think of good weather, little old coastal villages, a sense of history, laid back friendly locals, lovely scenery, beaches, surfing, cider, quirky wee independent shops and good pubs.
  • Options
    skipjack79skipjack79 Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm in rural Scotland.

And I have to say, you also have the best username I've ever seen on this forum, tip of the hat in your direction ;-)
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    The painters seem to love the 'unique light' that St Ives has.Never been there myself but it looks beautiful.Really relaxing.Maybe i'll retire there when I win the lottery.:)

It's so relaxing there too but watch out for the seagulls, they're worse than any others I've encountered..
  • Options
    Presto ShinkoPresto Shinko Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been to Devon and I tend to think of the two as pretty much the same place so if similar then I'd think of it as a lovely place to live. We stayed in Kenton but visited Exeter, Newton Abbot, Teignmouth and Dawlish. Enjoyed visiting all. Think we had a day in Torquay too.
  • Options
    archiverarchiver Posts: 13,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was where I first realised I'm handsome. "Me handsome" they used to call me. :)

Only lived there about ten tears. Truro and Camborne mainly. Lived in pubs in Truro and the landlord of one was an ex baker. His pasties were so delicious...

Can't recall anything I didn't like about the place, or the people, but this was the seventies, so Internet services weren't a problem.

I'd like to think I'll get back there, at least for a visit, but no chance for the foreseeable. Good to have the memories though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm in rural Scotland, never been but would love to. I may be entirely wrong but I think of good weather, little old coastal villages, a sense of history, laid back friendly locals, lovely scenery, beaches, surfing, cider, quirky wee independent shops and good pubs.

I took my caravan there for a few years and I lived near Peterhead. I made it a 3 day journey.