Options

The Voice Series 3 is a huge ratings success

SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
Forum Member
The revitalised Voice launched with a peak of 10.6million viewers, its best ever launch peak rating! With an average of 8.4m, it was 2.2m viewers up from last year. It also crushed Splash which nosedived in the ratings to a measley 3.4m. Fantastic news for the Voice :D

Comments

• Options
    Booty luvBooty luv Posts: 2,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great start, but I think the main test will be when the live shows start as that is normally when the ratings drop.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Second Saturday in January, most people are not out partying due to finance so yes they would get a good rating but as someone else posted they do tend to drop off come the battle rounds.
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,540
    Forum Member
    twingle wrote: »
    Second Saturday in January, most people are not out partying due to finance so yes they would get a good rating but as someone else posted they do tend to drop off come the battle rounds.

That hasn't worked for Splash ;-)
  • Options
    clivefieldclivefield Posts: 771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest it should have been a success anyway as it did not have much competition. I know it was on same time as Splash but this is not much competition. This series is always going to be higher because it is not against BGT. The real test will be next week to see if it keeps its viewers people may have tuned in because of all the changes. I liked last nights episode thought it was the best out of all episodes previous seasons
  • Options
    MatejaMateja Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's just the premiere. Let's see if the ratings hold up once the blind auditions are over and the novelty of two new coaches wears off.
  • Options
    gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think a lot of it was to do with a certain Miss Minogue. I hope people stick around after the initial novelty of seeing her :)
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's a huge peak for it.
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    It won't stay like that, I think the BBC are hoping for around 7million average.
    This simply is not the sort of show which will hold onto all those viewers, its not the x factor with constant silly tabloid stories about the judges and the contestants.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad its done well. IMO it's a far better format than tired old X Factor, better judges, better singers, better song choices. Also not contrived and manipulated.
  • Options
    youngthing12youngthing12 Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last nights show was hands down the best....
    Far better than the X factor and there made up
    stories and crap singing... The voice singers
    can sing... Keep with it folks....
  • Options
    Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent news! So glad this crushed that pathetic excuse of a show Splash! I agree that Kylie would have been a big pull, but Ricky also definitely held his own. Great panel!!!
  • Options
    MODTLMODTL Posts: 1,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds a great figure. Can't wait to watch it on iPlayer later!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Im not surprised I really liked it
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    I loved last nights show!

As soon as I heard the three I couldn't stand were leaving (Jessie, Danny & Holly) and that Kylie was joining, I had a feeling it was going to do well. It was a great start and a great show, now fingers crossed they can actually find a star from the show. I still think Tyler from series 1 and Leah from series 2 could go on & have success.
  • Options
    Ronell_DavisRonell_Davis Posts: 4,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    I loved last nights show!

As soon as I heard the three I couldn't stand were leaving (Jessie, Danny & Holly) and that Kylie was joining, I had a feeling it was going to do well. It was a great start and a great show, now fingers crossed they can actually find a star from the show. I still think Tyler from series 1 and Leah from series 2 could go on & have success.
    I think Lead stands the best chance she's got Will fully backing her and I saw on Twitter he's going to get Capital FM to play her songs .
  • Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    X Factor got an average of 8.69 last year, but it only peaked at like 9. something, that's good news for The Voice, not far off from Simon, the news papers seem to be praising it meaning they should grow in the coming weeks, there's usually six blind auditions a week so it should hopefully get a good audience

But what will happen when Ant & Dec start? that would be around the Battles and Knockouts which is when people tune out, hopefully they're improved though as the BBC should of realised that they're the problem need fixed

Though if ratings stay strong Ant & Dec might go on a different slot on ITV if they become scared
  • Options
    tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People tuned in to see the Kylie show. Lets face it. Little else has changed. Watch the ratings drop once the spinning chairs bit is over and people have got over the kylie factor. To be honest, if Kylie was going to be on the judging panel of Splash it would probably have got similar ratings
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tobi wrote: »
    People tuned in to see the Kylie show. Lets face it. Little else has changed. Watch the ratings drop once the spinning chairs bit is over and people have got over the kylie factor. To be honest, if Kylie was going to be on the judging panel of Splash it would probably have got similar ratings

Am sorry this post is just silly. Yes Kylie was good and probably was a draw for some, but the show was also great as many have said. Plus even Kylie couldn't save Splash.
  • Options
    Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One swallow does not make a summer.

The Kylie factor clearly helped once that novelty wears off ratings will be back on the slide again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DS are now saying it got 8.73, that's more than a The X Factor got on its first episode last year
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Last nights show was hands down the best....
    Far better than the X factor and there made up
    stories and crap singing... The voice singers
    can sing... Keep with it folks....

i wish cowell/producers would get it through their thick heads nobody wants to see nor cares about the stupid scripted lines and manipulation on the x factor.
    a completely organic show is what the public want, and x factor is currently the opposite. its cringeworthy.
  • Options
    J05hJ05h Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firstly it is January and virtually no competition as people were just diving in a pool on the other channel. The auditions are best part of show however that is the only part they are stronger on.

It does have so problems though in that you lose talented acts, it also seems like they still try to guess the age of contestants.

I also found it ironic they copied x factor showing people at home building up to the audition etc which the x factor gets criticised for.
  • Options
    J05hJ05h Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    X Factor got an average of 8.69 last year, but it only peaked at like 9. something, that's good news for The Voice, not far off from Simon, the news papers seem to be praising it meaning they should grow in the coming weeks, there's usually six blind auditions a week so it should hopefully get a good audience

But what will happen when Ant & Dec start? that would be around the Battles and Knockouts which is when people tune out, hopefully they're improved though as the BBC should of realised that they're the problem need fixed

Though if ratings stay strong Ant & Dec might go on a different slot on ITV if they become scared

The x factor did peak at 11.5 million during the early part of the season In a highly competitive slot just saying
  • Options
    DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did it beat X Factor opening?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J05h wrote: »
    The x factor did peak at 11.5 million during the early part of the season In a highly competitive slot just saying

But that wasn't the opening episode though ;)