Options

This strawberry debacle!

PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
Forum Member
Absolutely excruciating. So mawkishly written. You can actually sense the actors cringing.

I really can't stand to see strawberries mentioned one more time on coronation street.

Comments

• Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Someone in the scriptwriting team has NO IDEA when to stop.
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It goes on an on an on an on :D FFS corrie has lost the plot!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    Makes a change to see Carla being bossed around (and by Emily of all people!) but the strawberry saga should have been put to bed by now really.
  • Options
    SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    It's made a mockery of a very serious issue. It's pathetic. :(
  • Options
    fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    I cannot wait until she is dead and this Strawberry's storyline is finished. She is taking a long time to go why can't she just die.
  • Options
    auddemauddem Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    while Emily is on a jam making spree, are Ruby, Hope and Liam minding themselves.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she chokes to death on a strawberry, or is assisted by Roy in forcing the lot down.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    I expect there'll be an extension of the strawberry plot to include a thrilling 'what to do with the jam' episode now
  • Options
    MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strawberrygate and the Jam X-Factor was just utter bullshiz! Any sentiment that was supposed to be in there was lost due to the tediousness of the whole thing. I wanted a bomb to fall onto the cafe just to stop the garbage.
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,799
    Forum Member
    I had a feeling that Hayley wouldn't be feeling hungry when they actually got the strawberries.
  • Options
    SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,811
    Forum Member
    Maybe she chokes to death on a strawberry, or is assisted by Roy in forcing the lot down.

I think she takes the drugs for her to die in amongst a few strawberries.
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    auddem wrote: »
    while Emily is on a jam making spree, are Ruby, Hope and Liam minding themselves.

I thought I heard Maria say that Miss Hell would mind Liam for them all night if they wanted to stay out. Poor kid! Probably will come back arm folding and eye rolling now.
  • Options
    tigragirltigragirl Posts: 13,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nah, don't be silly, they're making chutney back at home
  • Options
    HarkAtHerHarkAtHer Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm becoming allergic to the word strawberry - look :blush:

I think we've explored everything there is to explore about them, from the amusing word 'punnet' to seasonality issues to jam-making. And still this small summer fruit fails to tug the nation's heartstrings. So can it stop now? Please?
  • Options
    MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe she actually said Michelle was looking after Liam!! I think that's the very first time we've ever heard that,
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They were out clubbing.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's awful, I just knew they would come back with a truck load of strawberries *rolls eyes*.
    Hayley's terminally ill, and the strawberry gang were making a lot of racket with their awful singing. I'm guessing Hayley's going to go round to everyone on t'street giving them all the jam.
  • Options
    billiobillio Posts: 3,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is dreadful, dreadful stuff.

DIE PLEASE
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Planning how to permanently get rid of their parents who would rather be in the pub or making jam than be with them.
  • Options
    Meesh_RedshawMeesh_Redshaw Posts: 2,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's ridiculous and quite laughable now. It's been overplayed. I just switch off.
  • Options
    auddemauddem Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Mel94 wrote: »
    I thought I heard Maria say that Miss Hell would mind Liam for them all night if they wanted to stay out. Poor kid! Probably will come back arm folding and eye rolling now.

Thanks, she must have said it while I was shouting at the tv,

When my sister was sick and wasn't eating I would have gone to the ends of the earth go get her something she would eat, but I dont think i'd come back with a van load of it.
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MsWilder11 wrote: »
    Strawberrygate and the Jam X-Factor was just utter bullshiz! Any sentiment that was supposed to be in there was lost due to the tediousness of the whole thing. I wanted a bomb to fall onto the cafe just to stop the garbage.

Death by strawberry bombe :D
  • Options
    malspiemalspie Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I noticed Tyrone was taking all the credit for going for the strawberries when it was actually Kirk that suggested going for them as he was going down to Birmingham anyway. It was only then that Tyrone said he'd go with him.
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,128
    Forum Member
    A complete farce. I cannot believe that it has taken up this amount of time over the last week. I appreciate that it was supposed to show Roy stressed last week, and see Hayley have a bit of this week. But it was just mind-numbing to watch.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    A decent storyline gone sour.