Options

Why is Sam not as equally condemned for her domestic violence as Jim?

AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
Forum Member
The title pretty much says it all!

Comments

• Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ohh tell me more !
    I don't know anything about this.
  • Options
    missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    Have either of them ever admitted the allegations were true?
  • Options
    SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »
    The title pretty much says it all!

Likewise, why isn't she fawned upon and adored on this forum like Jim is?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ohh tell me more !

She was alleged to have hit Joey Essex on a couple of occasions.
  • Options
    The FinisherThe Finisher Posts: 10,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ohh tell me more !

Apparently Sam slapped Joey Essex, and Jim elbowed and punched ex wife in the face and threw her down the stairs. I think this may also answer the OP's original question.
  • Options
    summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Much the same is Millie, now married to professor Green, who whacked Spencer on MIC, IMO should have been criminally charged, no witnesses needed, caught on camera, this is the reason young women think they can do as they please, I know two young men who have been physically assaulted by their GF, one on numerous occasions, double standard right enough!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have either of them ever admitted the allegations were true?

Jim does in his autobiography. This is the first I'm hearing of Sam.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Sam admitted to pushing him!!!
  • Options
    J SwiftJ Swift Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Joey Essex split up with her cos she used to get violent rages ... 'I can’t think of one thing that was really bad, apart from in Dubai we had a massive row and I pushed him and I slapped him around the face.' ... 'Everyone slaps their boyfriend when they deserve it', etc.

She also threatened Amy Willerton, told her not to set foot in Essex or something

Not a very pleasant person from what I hear
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently Sam slapped Joey Essex, and Jim elbowed and punched ex wife in the face and threw her down the stairs. I think this may also answer the OP's original question.

Shocking.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I knew about Jim.
    Wasn't he in the midst of alcoholism at the time? Whlst this doesn't condone what he did it does at least explain a little.
    Had a brother-in-Law like this - used to be nasty when pissed but lovely when he hadn't touched a drop.

Sad really.
  • Options
    TreewatcherTreewatcher Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a big difference between Sam giving a guy a bit of a slap and a druken old male like Jim beating his wife. Men are stronger and way out of control if they get angry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a big difference between Sam giving a guy a bit of a slap and a druken old male like Jim beating his wife. Men are stronger and way out of control if they get angry.
    Most men, not all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J Swift wrote: »
    I think Joey Essex split up with her cos she used to get violent rages ... 'I can’t think of one thing that was really bad, apart from in Dubai we had a massive row and I pushed him and I slapped him around the face.' ... 'Everyone slaps their boyfriend when they deserve it', etc.

She also threatened Amy Willerton, told her not to set foot in Essex or something

Not a very pleasant person from what I hear

Unless it was admitted from their own mouths I would be careful what you say!!! "I think"!!!!:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's just as bad as what Dippy said!!
  • Options
    Forum Member

The reason I asked if either had admitted is that I understood Joey's family made much more serious allegations than the slap and push she admitted on camera.
  • Options
    kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Possibly because most of us aren't even aware of it! Domestic violence is always to be condemned no matter who does it.
  • Options
    MrfentyMrfenty Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not that I'm condoning domestic violence at all, but who wouldn't love to give Joey Essex a slap?
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member

Ah but isn;t this merely excusing someone for a milder form of domestic violence when in fact I believe all domestic violence should be condemned equally. When you start to make allowances, effectively because 'other people have done worse' it's a slippery slope for me.

Should Evander be let off punching a horse as he didn't mutilate or torture it to death like other people have done in the past? After all, a right hook from the champ is pretty mild in comparison right so probably not worth condemning?

(before I get slated I am in no way condoning what Holyfield did, just trying to illustrate my point).
  • Options
    MsBehaviourMsBehaviour Posts: 5,532
    Forum Member
    Mrfenty wrote: »
    Not that I'm condoning domestic violence at all, but who wouldn't love to give Joey Essex a slap?

I don't condone it either, but this was the first thing that went through my mind :)
  • Options
    klawklaw Posts: 1,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please, more posts excusing violence against men by calling it 'a bit of a slap' and 'anyway it's ok because men are much stronger' because that always justifies it... (sarcasm)... can't we all agree DV is serious whoever does it? Violence is wrong, striking your partner, or anyone else, is not ok.

And not that you'd know it from the media, women are about as likely to be perpetrators as men. And what they may lack in strength they make up for in the way most men will not strike a woman who is attacking them, both because they know they should not, and also if the police do get called, guess who always gets carted off in handcuffs? And also women who are violent often just use a weapon to even the score. Throw a plate, stab, whack to the head with a heavy ashtray - or maybe boiling water like my brothers ex-wife poured over him while he was sleeping. If Sam has a history of DV I am a bit appalled this is the first i've heard about it, frankly. Not that I knew who the hell she was before going in the house....
  • Options
    annies1annies1 Posts: 831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Domestic violence be it male on female, female on male or any other form is wrong and is not to be condoned in any circumstances.
  • Options
    puppetangelpuppetangel Posts: 2,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Sam Faiers slapped my cousin Joey Essex - she wanted to become the next Katie Price and Peter Andre"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/im-celebrity-joey-essex-slapped-2844516

This isn't acceptable :/ How come no one pulls her up on it.

They really are all fake in there. Hope Ollie keeps away.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    klaw wrote: »
    Please, more posts excusing violence against men by calling it 'a bit of a slap' and 'anyway it's ok because men are much stronger' because that always justifies it... (sarcasm)... can't we all agree DV is serious whoever does it? Violence is wrong, striking your partner, or anyone else, is not ok.
    Violence is always wrong, but it is plain ridiculous to pretend that it is all equal. Jim blacked his wife's eyes, hit her in the chest with his weights, pushed her downstairs and dragged her down the street by her hair. That really is a very long way ahead of slapping a boy in a drunken row.
    Throw a plate, stab, whack to the head with a heavy ashtray - or maybe boiling water like my brothers ex-wife poured over him while he was sleeping. If Sam has a history of DV I am a bit appalled this is the first i've heard about it, frankly. Not that I knew who the hell she was before going in the house....

Whyever are you bringing this kind of ultra-violence into the discussion? Sam is accused of slapping, not using a weapon or boiling water. She doesn't 'have a history of DV'; your post is no better than Joey's tiresome cousin's interview, full of innuendo and irrelevance.
  • Options
    klawklaw Posts: 1,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not talking specifically about those two individuals am I? I am talking about DV in general and how 'but men are stronger' is no excuse and in the real world violent women often use weapons rather than fists. But that was already clear in my first post.