Options

Good games spoiled by annoying or impossible bosses

Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
Forum Member
✭✭✭
For me it would be bioshock infinite and binary domain. I enjoyed both games immensely until I got to the final sections (ok so technically bioshock infine isn't a boss ) but just wondered what everyone else's choices would be.

Comments

• Options
    RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dead Space 2 - horrendous last chapter leading up to one of the most frustrating bosses I've ever encountered!
  • Options
    Air ResistanceAir Resistance Posts: 5,145
    Forum Member
    Bowser on Mario sunshine, whyyyyy
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Resident Evil 5.

The fight in the volcano was just...baffling.
  • Options
    Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Borderlands 2 on UVHM.. solo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Borderlands 2 on UVHM.. solo.
    I salute you !. Is it possible to kill the raid bosses terremorphes etc playing solo ?
  • Options
    Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The final boss of Metal Gear Rising.
  • Options
    Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I salute you !. Is it possible to kill the raid bosses terremorphes etc playing solo ?

I would imagine, but I've only got as far as Bloodwing. Spent about two hours the other night dying a lot and have put it to one side for the time being ;)
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah, I can kill him solo without much issue, you just need decent gear and to keep moving.

As for the topic, the boss in RE revelations was a pain, took me three goes to do it.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me it was Crysis 3 EAs stupid buggy glitch ruined the boss fight making it impossible to complete the game.
  • Options
    TommyNookaTommyNooka Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Heavenly Sword final boss is one of the few times I've given up on a game, infuriating!
  • Options
    Mark AMark A Posts: 7,695
    Forum Member
    Shadow of the Colossus

Regards

Mark
  • Options
    pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 30,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chernabog (the fantasia demon thing in the volcano) in Kingdom hearts.
    Motherf**ker
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deus Ex HR, omg those bosses were insane and at times made the game unplayable!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would imagine, but I've only got as far as Bloodwing. Spent about two hours the other night dying a lot and have put it to one side for the time being ;)
    Blimey I found bloodwing hard on normal , imagine what it's like on uvhm :o
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Insanely out of place if you had decided to play through using stealth and avoiding killing the enemies. You arrive at the first boss totally unprepared for the fight. It really spoiled what was a great stealth game.
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty much every final fantasy title!!! ... Doesn't matter how much ya level-up there's always a boss that's pretty much impossible 2 beat!!! ;)
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member

It's possible - I've done it!!
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimey I found bloodwing hard on normal , imagine what it's like on uvhm :o

It's actually not that bad on UVHM if you are a high enough level with good gear.

Don't get me wrong though, completing UVHM was a challenge lol.
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    Resident Evil 5.

The fight in the volcano was just...baffling.

This

In the end I had to google how to complete the final boss as I kept doing the wrong thing.
  • Options
    LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The final boss of Metal Gear Rising.

I never completed this game :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sin at the end of Final Fantasy X.

There was the death clock counting down in the background that you knew nothing about which would give insta-death plus there were 4 stages to the boss fight.
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The boss in Agrabah in Kingdom Hearts, I was never able to beat it so endes up never playing anymore of the KH series.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gears of War 1, General Raam.

After repeated attempts at killing him I had to enlist the help of an XBL Friend to kill him via co-op.
    TommyNooka wrote: »
    The Heavenly Sword final boss is one of the few times I've given up on a game, infuriating!

That one really ****ed me off initially. I threw my pad down in disgust and turned the PS3 off.

Went back the next day, and killed him first time.

Hotbird wrote: »
    Insanely out of place if you had decided to play through using stealth and avoiding killing the enemies. You arrive at the first boss totally unprepared for the fight. It really spoiled what was a great stealth game.

Yup.

I'd already read about how it had out of place and stupid boss fights by the time I played it, so I prepared by having the Typhoon (fully upgraded). Quick and easy mince-meat of each of the merc. bosses. The final boss fight was made easy with the laser rifle... killed whatshername before the fight even started! :D
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, and I hated most of the boss-fights in Arkham Asylum and Arkham City.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Utter slag Raam was.