Options

kylie is grating on me already

Comments

• Options
    CosyaCosya Posts: 4,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    achro wrote: »
    Her real personality is much quieter. She comes off try-hard, being somebody she's not.

She was just having fun and enjoying it. Does it mean that once you hit 40 you cant laugh and be giggly and have any personality.

I remember when she was on Alan Carr Chatty Man they were having a great laugh and she ended up smashing his plate on the studio floor so don't remember her being that quiet.

I thought she breathed fresh air into the new show. Her and Ricky have made it exciting
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 4,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always really liked Kylie - thought she would be an asset to the show, and was looking forward to a more mature and less egotistical female role than JJ provided.

But OMG - last night, she was irritating in the extreme. The constant pouting, giggling, posing, preening and attention demanding.

She is a stunningly gorgeous looking woman, but she really doesn't have to prove it by standing up every three seconds and acting like a 14 year old who has just discovered her sexual power.

Just hope she calms down a bit and realises that it's not the Kylie Show.
  • Options
    gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Kylie, always have, but last night she was a 45 year old woman acting like a giggly pouty teenager, very irritating and embarrassing, hope she calms it down a bit.
  • Options
    lavender50lavender50 Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    getty wrote: »
    I like Kylie, always have, but last night she was a 45 year old woman acting like a giggly pouty teenager, very irritating and embarrassing, hope she calms it down a bit.

yes, i agree, i switched off.
  • Options
    Dream_catcherDream_catcher Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Kylie was really embarrassing. She was acting like a sex starved granny in a foreign holiday resort. Well I take it she was acting?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was EXTREMELY irritating. I was looking forward to the change of judges, and thought Ricky did really well. Kylie, however, just made me want to turn over. Loved the step and the bag under the chair though.
  • Options
    KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    The reasons why Kylie Minogue is a star (at least everywhere except the US, where her existence is barely noticed) have always eluded me.
  • Options
    THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's sweet, but also feel she's trying way to hard and isn't being herself.

She hasn't got that tv quality like her sister DAnnii MInogue, but people may warm up to her soon . She just needs to relax and tone it down a little.
  • Options
    roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was actually first choice before JJ, but was busy before.
  • Options
    goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Kylie
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Socha wrote: »
    Not even Jessie was so annoying as the little pouty girl act Kylie did with hiding behind her chair when Tom apparently talked over her to a contestant.
    That's how you read it? I didn't think she was reacting to Tom. I took it at face value: that she had realised she was coming across as over-excited and chose to give herself a time-out to calm down. And then I think she waited until it was her time to speak to return.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeanie wrote: »
    I've always really liked Kylie - thought she would be an asset to the show, and was looking forward to a more mature and less egotistical female role than JJ provided.

But OMG - last night, she was irritating in the extreme. The constant pouting, giggling, posing, preening and attention demanding.

She is a stunningly gorgeous looking woman, but she really doesn't have to prove it by standing up every three seconds and acting like a 14 year old who has just discovered her sexual power.

Just hope she calms down a bit and realises that it's not the Kylie Show.

Agree.
  • Options
    FaithyHFaithyH Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hi noob here:) i joined to discuss the voice/cbb/doi my 1st post!

I liked Kylie but she was a bit OTT for me I preferred her to JessieJ.
  • Options
    denver23denver23 Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    Cosya wrote: »
    She was just having fun and enjoying it. Does it mean that once you hit 40 you cant laugh and be giggly and have any personality.

I remember when she was on Alan Carr Chatty Man they were having a great laugh and she ended up smashing his plate on the studio floor so don't remember her being that quiet.

I thought she breathed fresh air into the new show. Her and Ricky have made it exciting

She breathed something into the show but it was definitely not fresh air.
  • Options
    BluesTrainRadioBluesTrainRadio Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My flabber has been gasted at some of the comments here. Whether you like her music or not is another matter but all down the years, I've yet to hear anyone bad mouth Kylie - anything I've ever read about her is positive. If she was really some of the things mentioned, do you not think people would have put her on the same level as Mariah Carey by now?!

She has always come across as warm, friendly, down to earth [ as much as you can be at that level ]. And yet too many seem happy to criticise here, even when two people who have known her on a more personal level have commented about how decent she actually is.

For me, she was great. As was Ricky. Both on another level than Jessie J and Danny to be honest and both have added to the experience of watching.
  • Options
    tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My flabber has been gasted at some of the comments here. Whether you like her music or not is another matter but all down the years, I've yet to hear anyone bad mouth Kylie - anything I've ever read about her is positive. If she was really some of the things mentioned, do you not think people would have put her on the same level as Mariah Carey by now?!

She has always come across as warm, friendly, down to earth [ as much as you can be at that level ]. And yet too many seem happy to criticise here, even when two people who have known her on a more personal level have commented about how decent she actually is.

For me, she was great. As was Ricky. Both on another level than Jessie J and Danny to be honest and both have added to the experience of watching.
    Apart from watching her singing, I have only ever seen Kylie in interviews. She comes across ok, a little bit girly and smiley. I remember before the Voice started, a lot of people were excited about Jessie J as they had only seen her again briefly in interviews before. In order for you to have longevity on a panel, you need to have more than one dimension to your character and need to be able to critically analyse performances. I think people are excited about Kylie now as they have only had one episode of her, but I can see people tiring of her quickly as they did Jessie J before this.
  • Options
    Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's sweet, but also feel she's trying way to hard and isn't being herself.

She hasn't got that tv quality like her sister DAnnii MInogue, but people may warm up to her soon . She just needs to relax and tone it down a little.

BIB - Disagree entirely. It took 2 years before Dannii started impressing the public on The X Factor, and she had previous judging experience on AGT. She was known as the Ice Queen because people couldn't connect to her.

It's Kylie's first attempt - she didn't do bad at all. She just needs a bit more time.
  • Options
    Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she was just over excited, i'm sure she will calm down.
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    Don't know why but she's irritating.

My thoughts exactly!
  • Options
    steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    didnt find her grating/annoying in anyone way just found her to be ok
  • Options
    Gail forceGail force Posts: 55
    Forum Member

Without knowing her personally we can only give opinions of whats in front of us. What I saw was a 45 year old woman acting like she was at a teenage pyjama party. The problem with the sunshines out of Kylie's arse crowd is thay cant take that some people dont actually fall at the alter of Kylie. You go on about everyone she knows loves her, tell me why she always gets jilted for other woman by everyman she has ever been with? Doesn't that ring bells that she cant be all as perfect as you say. Seen her interviews on various programs and she comes across as seriously lacking any personality.
  • Options
    newplanetnewplanet Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    Gail force wrote: »
    The problem with the sunshines out of Kylie's arse crowd is thay cant take that some people dont actually fall at the alter of Kylie.

The sun shines out of Kylie's arse crowd? Nice. As for "they can't take it", the truth is that Kylie fans have had to deal with haters since day one. And haters in far higher numbers than there are nowadays. Indeed, they've had over 25 years of "taking it" rather admirably.
    You go on about everyone she knows loves her, tell me why she always gets jilted for other woman by everyman she has ever been with? Doesn't that ring bells that she cant be all as perfect as you say.

No, actually it doesn't. I am not privy to the intimate details of her romantic relationships. Some men are habitual cheaters. And some relationships simply run their course. But I can see how someone who is biased against her might actually think it's purely HER fault that her men have cheated.
    Seen her interviews on various programs and she comes across as seriously lacking any personality.

In that case I would advise you not to have a romantic relationship with her any time soon.
  • Options
    Gail forceGail force Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    newplanet wrote: »
    The sun shines out of Kylie's arse crowd? Nice. As for "they can't take it", the truth is that Kylie fans have had to deal with haters since day one. And haters in far higher numbers than there are nowadays. Indeed, they've had over 25 years of "taking it" rather admirably.

No, actually it doesn't. I am not privy to the intimate details of her romantic relationships. Some men are habitual cheaters. And some relationships simply run their course. But I can see how someone who is biased against her might actually think it's purely HER fault that her men have cheated.

In that case I would advise you not to have a romantic relationship with her any time soon.

Why do you assume that everyone that is not into Kylie is a hater? I dont hate Kylie at all. (I dont hate any celebrities) I just dont think she is talented and all sweetness and light as many on here think she is. The fact is Kylie has somehow become a national treasure for many,Beyond any critisism. You only have to read the Kylie fansite the DM to see countless stories about how wonderful and beautiful she is. Anyone commenting in non agreemnet is jumped on as being somehow jealious and bitter, usually followed by the she had cancer card. Still adressed the fact that she does not seem able to hold down a relationship at all. Not saying its purely her fault that men leave her for other woman,but it cant all be just the blokes fault.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,361
    Forum Member
    Kromm wrote: »
    The reasons why Kylie Minogue is a star (at least everywhere except the US, where her existence is barely noticed) have always eluded me.

Might have something to do with the around 70 million records she's sold. And most of that is when you actually had to go into a store to buy it.
  • Options
    newplanetnewplanet Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    Why do you assume that everyone that is not into Kylie is a hater?

I don't assume everyone who is not "into Kylie" is a hater and I don't refer to everyone who is not "into Kylie" as a hater. And that's why I wasn't talking about people "not into Kylie", I was actually talking about obvious haters, which Kylie has had in droves from the very start of her career. So, you saying that Kylie fans can't take that someone else "doesn't fall at the altar of Kylie" is nonsense because most Kylie fans (certainly those of my age) have "taken it" right on the chin from both the haters and even the "not intos" for over 25 years.
    The fact is Kylie has somehow become a national treasure for many,Beyond any critisism.

Well I could counter that by saying Kylie is rather prone to OTT criticism from many people who are not her fans (often in spite of them being rather uninformed about her). What does it matter? It's simply two opposing viewpoints being expressed on the one forum.

But I must say I do object to insinuations that only non-fans can form an objective (and therefore more truthful) opinion of her. And from my perspective at least, Kylie gets a bit of a rough deal, mostly because SOME of her fan base simply refuse to be pleased. Indeed, some of Kylie's fans are VERY critical of her, so she sometimes gets stick from the fans and the non-fans.
    You only have to read the Kylie fansite the DM to see countless stories about how wonderful and beautiful she is. Anyone commenting in non agreemnet is jumped on as being somehow jealious and bitter, usually followed by the she had cancer card.

"She had cancer" is not a "card" that Kylie fans play. It is simply a fact that she is a well-known cancer survivor and is therefore a role model for some people. I dare say that it's one of the reasons many people do like her. It clearly makes no difference to you and, again, that's fine because I don't really expect it to.

Unlike some stars of her status, you'll be hard pushed to find anyone who actually KNOWS her saying a bad thing about her. You simply saying "well I have a hunch that she's not as lovely as they all say and I must be right since all her boyfriends cheated on her" is actually really weak evidence in the face of all those positive words about her.
    Still adressed the fact that she does not seem able to hold down a relationship at all. Not saying its purely her fault that men leave her for other woman,but it cant all be just the blokes fault.

It takes two to tango in any relationship but why can't it be the blokes fault they had affairs or left her for other women? You clearly don't want to give her the benefit of the doubt but that's also fine with me, since it is completely up to you and it obviously suits you to be unsympathetic. I suspect you'd have more sympathy if it was a close friend of yours.