Options

Mikael Kular 3 Year Old Missing from Edinburgh

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such sad, sad news. Poor little mite. Have been keeping an eye on the news with baited breath but losing hope as time went on.

RIP little boy :(
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tylersnan wrote: »
    REALLY?!?! A baby has lost his life and you think, I know I'll google map it! >:(

Whats wrong with that? :confused: manued2009 was just looking at the distance between where Mikael went missing and where his body has been found.
  • Options
    ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark. wrote: »
    I'm not wearing any hat. You're the one that jumped to all sorts of prejudiced, judgemental and potentially libellous conclusions from your amateur detective work.

I didn't jump to any conclusions you fool. I saw an earlier post on here about the father living somewhere else in Scotland and asked the question.
  • Options
    phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hardly think a murder case is going to be thrown out of court based on the posts on an obscure message board.

Add ALL the forums to ALL the tabloids to ALL the twitter feeds and facebook pages etc. that will be discussing this....and it's a very different picture.

It has happened before, that a judge has called a mistrial because an unbiased jury couldn't be selected after weeks and months of discussion and vilification in the press.

If this does turn out to be a murder case, I'm sure none of us want anyone walking on a technicality...
  • Options
    Mark.Mark. Posts: 85,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    I sincerely hope I am mistaken in detecting a certain smugness or pleasure in your repeating that it is the mother who has been arrested. A child is dead. Disgusting and appalling if it is by the hand of the mother or the father.
    Yea, sure. I'm smug as anything here.

Alternatively, I'm actually holding back tears because I have a young niece that I love to bits.

My post was out of anger at people automatically assuming that the father or other male relative must be to blame when a child is found dead.
  • Options
    StrmChaserSteveStrmChaserSteve Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been mentioned on Sky News, that the person that has been detained is the boy's mother
  • Options
    dee-recdee-rec Posts: 2,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good god, cant believe the mother has been detained in connection with his death, what the hell, poor wee guy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    It's unusual to publically name someone so quickly who has merely been detained, isn't it? No arrest or charge, but already named? Maybe they believe she has information to give them which she has been witholding, and this is to force her hand, not that she is necessarily guilty of anything herself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heartache wrote: »
    The Mother has been detained in connection with his death.

I think one of the more significant things police revealed yesterday, was that he had not been at nursery since christmas. I wonder if something happened to him then.

Doesn't mean she actually commited the act but has been detained in connection.
  • Options
    duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grahamzxy wrote: »
    I think that surprises a lot of people.

Really? You're surprised by that news? The "story" was full of holes.
  • Options
    grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's unusual to publically name someone so quickly who has merely been detained, isn't it? No arrest or charge, but already named? Maybe they believe she has information to give them which she has been witholding, and this is to force her hand, not that she is necessarily guilty of anything herself.

I doubt she will see the news....naming her can't force her to do anything...a sky source will be a police/family leak.
  • Options
    jonnyinscotlandjonnyinscotland Posts: 999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    InTheLoop wrote: »
    As always BBC are way behind the game, talking about the flooding and then an elongated segment on Milliband's speech about banks.
    Not even breaking news on the news bar...

Domestic news hands over to world news at 1AM which will have something to do with that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ustarion wrote: »
    So is Fife where the father lives?

Don't know if the father still lives here (Fife) but he was born in Glenrothes, Fife.
  • Options
    sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His poor siblings, especially his twin. I have twins and I really don't know how one would cope without the other. :cry:
  • Options
    sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to say and i will apologise if i am wrong

I won't be surprised if the mother had something to do with it. After the store broke 2 days ago i always suspected she was involved with his disappearance and now death:(
    The story just didn't add up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    charger21 wrote: »
    This was always going 1 of 2 ways, father abducted him or mother killed him

3 year old kids dont leave their locked houses & walk 33 miles to another town/city without being stopped! If my 3 year old managed to get out of bed, get dressed, not make a noise, open the door, close it quietly behind them quietly...how many roads would they be able to cross before a vigilant member of the public came to their rescue...
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It seems to be :SKY Sources are saying that it is the mother
  • Options
    Brady12Brady12 Posts: 796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sky News says the person has been arrested.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    charger21 wrote: »
    This was always going 1 of 2 ways, father abducted him or mother killed him

It'll be another case of child neglect.

Seems to be happening more and more lately.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grahamzxy wrote: »
    I doubt she will see the news....naming her can't force her to do anything...a sky source will be a police/family leak.

She's just been named on Sky news.
  • Options
    InTheLoopInTheLoop Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member

Very plausible. Though I don't know how lawful that is?

I really hope that the person arrested didn't outright murder but maybe something accidentally tragic happened and she panicked and in sorrow had to dispose? Or is that just naivety.
    Anyway I 'm not going to continue speculating.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully this was accidental death and not a murder, a tragic case for the whole family. Imagine for a second how his grandparents are feeling thousands of miles away.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    She's just been named on Sky news.

Sky sources.....
  • Options
    mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On Sky they said that someone had been detained in connection with the death and that 'according to Sky sources' it was believed to be the mother. I don't think it has been officially confirmed yet.
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Those poor children, particularly the twin sister Mikaeel leaves behind. It really is utterly depressing what some people are capable of.
This discussion has been closed.