Options

Do you carry any weapons around with you?

Comments

• Options
    RaferRafer Posts: 14,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does halitosis and poor personal hygiene in general count? Can't get assaulted if they can't get close.
  • Options
    ONeillDigSpyONeillDigSpy Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    yes, my viking beard
  • Options
    yellowparkyellowpark Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As someone already said, run.
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    My cutting wit.
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    You've got a comb for your hairy back?

:D - LOL
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I usually carry a corkscrew
  • Options
    IqoniqIqoniq Posts: 6,299
    Forum Member
    I've had a Kubotan key chain for years, and actually had to use it a few times. If you know how to use these properly they can be extremely effective. The only problem is legality. While they're technically legal in the UK, if you wander around with one with the express intention of using at as a weapon then you're going to get arrested. I've got 4 keys, two either side of a large keyring I've got which is in the shape of a star (complete with points). I'm effectively walking around with a small morningstar/flail combo completely legally.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a pile of lethal 'weapons' in my house.

Knives........from my days working as a Chef before i spent the final 30 years of my working life making bomb parts and bullets.

They need disposing of safely but i've no idea how (too risky to chuck in a bin!), and some are really lethal.
  • Options
    IqoniqIqoniq Posts: 6,299
    Forum Member
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    I have a pile of lethal 'weapons' in my house.

Knives........from my days working as a Chef before i spent the final 30 years of my working life making bomb parts and bullets.

They need disposing of safely but i've no idea how (too risky to chuck in a bin!), and some are really lethal.
    The police will take them off your hands and have them destroyed as far as I'm aware. They'd rather you hand them in to them, as opposed to having lethal weapons on the loose.

I had to hand in several butterfly knives once when my wife realised they were illegal to own. Apart from getting a bit of a telling off for not handing in sooner (I used to get them from Spain so I was technically weapons smuggling too!), they just gave me a receipt for them and said they'd be destroyed. There won't be any problems with yours as they're not illegal and there's a valid reason for their disposal.
  • Options
    skipjack79skipjack79 Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only weapon I carry is in my pants.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iqoniq wrote: »
    The police will take them off your hands and have them destroyed as far as I'm aware. They'd rather you hand them in to them, as opposed to having lethal weapons on the loose.
    I did wonder about that. Some are almost 50 years old! :o

Think i will phone them and ask.

One or two cost a small bloody fortune but i just don't like them around the house. I've never used them since i came out of Hotel work and they aren't even in my Kitchen......i locked them away in the loft!
    Iqoniq wrote: »
    There won't be any problems with yours as they're not illegal and there's a valid reason for their disposal.
    I know it's crazy isn't it?

Undoubtedly the most lethal are filleting and boning knives i have which are a narrow slim bladed knife. In the wrong hands they could easily kill in seconds, yet anyone can go in a Catering suppliers and buy these knives no problem at all.
  • Options
    christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    S1000RR wrote: »
    Always got a nine inch length in my pants.

Sorry, but this made me laugh so much :D Thanks, I've been miserable all day :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, but this made me laugh so much :D Thanks, I've been miserable all day :p

Is that the laughter of disbelief a man's weapon could be 9 inch? If so, you've been deprived my lovely!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skipjack79 wrote: »
    Is that the laughter of disbelief a man's weapon could be 9 inch? If so, you've been deprived my lovely!

My whole life has been deprived :( It's the sad truth.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My whole life has been deprived :( It's the sad truth.

That's awful. You look like you need cheering up.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    Nothing special, just a HK45CT fitted with Viridan X5L Gen 2.

How's that working out for you?

I still haven't replaced my Insight M6x after it exploded last year and I was looking at the Viridian X5 as a replacement.

I can't say I've ever had cause to think I should carry a weapon in the UK.
    I do, however, always carry a Surefire 6px torch with me and there's a reason the castellated bezel is called a "strike face".
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Only weapon I carry is in my pants.

Just a small one then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's awful. You look like you need cheering up.

I do :D:D
  • Options
    kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Tommy Gun! Well, its made out of balloons, but it's a pretty good deterrent. ..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Knuckle duster, pepper spray, samurai sword, meat cleaver, an AK47, hand grenades. All fit nicely in my handbag.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a small one then.

Boom boom tish.

I was involved in other convos, and almost missed that gem :D
  • Options
    EuanDesuEuanDesu Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does a fist count?
  • Options
    McMahauldMcMahauld Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EuanDesu wrote: »
    Does a fist count?

Open goal here... anyone?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EuanDesu wrote: »
    Does a fist count?

Each to his own, I'm not gonna judge.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kippeh wrote: »
    The best weapon for dog walkers is actually the lead if it is a full chain one. Clip the collar clip to the handle eye link and you have an excellent short flail, which is legal to carry. All in the name of self defence of course.

My best weapon is the dog i'm walking. An 8 stone Alsation is quite a weapon if he chose to be.