Options

UKIP councillor's bizarre homophobic rant

Comments

• Options
    riceutenriceuten Posts: 5,876
    Forum Member
    I am sure there are mosques, like churches, where you will not be stoned to death in.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doop wrote: »

Was also on the Today programme this morning. A work of genius.

Twitter feed is just as good:

https://twitter.com/UkipWeather

"Council gritters are on high alert after a man in Peterborough went into a pub and ordered a glass of white wine"
  • Options
    DadDancerDadDancer Posts: 3,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    If UKIP people say or do daft things, it is not "smearing" UKIP to report it.

no but it is to try and make out that a very small minority of the party who behave badly represent the party as a whole. That is what this thread is trying to do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    riceuten wrote: »
    Whereas the Party of Swivel-Eyed Loons (UKIP) can't seem to be able to do even basic background checks on the fruitcakes, loonies and racists that come through their front door.

you need to spend a bit more time cleaning behind the back of the fridge.:D

I think you will find that UKIP have not got as much money or resources as the con lab lib. Therefore are unable to carry out as extensive checks. The fact remains that there were only a handful of rogue councillors out of the 1000+ who were fielded.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trevgo wrote: »
    The liberal Euro, multiculturalist, immigration supporters can all work themselves into a mass hard-on over this, but to 99% of the population, it won't matter a tinker's cuss.

Fact: UKIP are far more in tune with the public on these issues that any of those revelling in their discomfort on here.

Fact: UKIP gets far more scrutiny than any other party without a solitary MP

Fact: Many Muslims would probably agree with him, but woe betide anyone who gives them the same treatment. They enjoy the impenetrable "liberal defence barrier", which allows them to think and say whatever they want as they are officially a "threatened and embattled minority".

I feel far more threatened by what is said and practised up and down the land in many Mosques than one potty outburst by a solitary UKIP numbskull councillor. I've yet to see any area declared a "gay free zone" by a militant UKIP group, nor seen any footage of UKIPers warning passers by for "dressing like a ****".

So UKIP's anti-immigration and EU policies act as a honeypot for the tinhat obsessive nationalist brigade. A handful might be fundamentalist Christian. Surprise, surprise. It might also attract the millions of pragmatists who share it's views on those major issues.

The man is a total idiot, and as he failed to button it, deserved to be kicked out. I absolutely guarantee that ALL the other parties have councillors who are equally as barmy (and often criminal) and never make news beyond the local paper. Will it put me, as a gay man, off voting for them in the Euro election? Not in the slightest. It's very unlikely I would vote for them in a GE however. I draw the line before that.

excellent post, totally agree, although I will also be voting them for the GE
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DadDancer wrote: »
    you need to spend a bit more time cleaning behind the back of the fridge.:D

I think you will find that UKIP have not got as much money or resources as the con lab lib. Therefore are unable to carry out as extensive checks. The fact remains that there were only a handful of rogue councillors out of the 1000+ who were fielded.
    As a percentage of councillors, members, MPs (:-)) and MEPs, the UKIP DEFINITELY has more than its fair share of complete nutters (and fruitcakes, loons, both swivel-eyed and not).
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    LOL, Ukip has certainly got people running around like headless chickens and despite there being no chance of an election win by them :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LOL, Ukip has certainly got people running around like headless chickens and despite there being no chance of an election win by them :D
    I think they do that without trying, tbbh
  • Options
    FaithyHFaithyH Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A third of the people look at them and take them as a joke and another third (I think) as making a stance against the apparently instreaming migrants (which never showed up) and they are the "taking our homes jobs" etc. Then there is a final third which actually take them very seriously because they are the leftovers of the BNP/NF/EDL. We shouldn't worry too much about the final lot. While racism is a nasty thing, generally the british public aren't. They're never getting into power because of that association alone.
  • Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    riceuten wrote: »
    I am sure there are mosques, like churches, where you will not be stoned to death in.

I asked for links to gay friendly mosques, not your hunch.

There's penty of gay friendly churhes, as we all know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FaithyH wrote: »
    A third of the people look at them and take them as a joke and another third (I think) as making a stance against the apparently instreaming migrants (which never showed up) and they are the "taking our homes jobs" etc. Then there is a final third which actually take them very seriously because they are the leftovers of the BNP/NF/EDL. We shouldn't worry too much about the final lot. While racism is a nasty thing, generally the british public aren't. They're never getting into power because of that association alone.

"....and on our left, ladies and gentlemen, we can see the arrogant complacency typical of the the liberal fraternity that predominated in the late 20th and early 21st Century (please don't touch, sir). It was the period when patronising the population was the order of the day, and people were repeatedly told that mass immigration and it's effects were all a figment of their imagination. Anyone who tried to dispute this was branded a social pariah, despite the opinion polls of the time showing it right at the top of peoples' concerns. The liberal clique, however, forgot that these people had ears and eyes. They could see for themselves, and they did not like what they saw. Some historians maintain that had the ruling clique not have shown contempt for public opinion, and not assumed they would never vote on this issue alone, the eventual tumultuous outcome for the country and the European Union might have been avoided."
  • Options
    pickwickpickwick Posts: 25,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I asked for links to gay friendly mosques, not your hunch.

There's penty of gay friendly churhes, as we all know.
    They're on the way. And gay-friendly churches are both recent and pretty rare, so since there are so many fewer mosques than churches, give them a chance to catch up...
  • Options
    pickwickpickwick Posts: 25,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fact: UKIP gets far more scrutiny than any other party without a solitary MP
    They also get far more publicity than any other party without a solitary MP. Would you be willing to forgo all the appearances on Newsnight, Question Time, discussions about how much of a danger UKIP are to the Tories etc, to also get rid of the disproportionate scrutiny?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pickwick wrote: »
    They're on the way. And gay-friendly churches are both recent and pretty rare, so since there are so many fewer mosques than churches, give them a chance to catch up...

Hmm. "A basement in North London". I do not think they are "coming" at all. When arrive, let me know and I'll change my mind.

The Metropolitan Community Church was thriving in London when I arrived in 1978, btw.
  • Options
    UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how a thread about a UKIP councillor blaming bad weather on gay marriages became another Muslim bashing thread?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UKMikey wrote: »
    I wonder how a thread about a UKIP councillor blaming bad weather on gay marriages became another Muslim bashing thread?

Because many of those who are relishing the barbequeing of the confused UKIP councillor are the very same who will be shouting from the rooftops in defence of others who hold similarly ridiculous views.

That's why.
  • Options
    MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because many of those who are relishing the barbequeing of the confused UKIP councillor are the very same who will be shouting from the rooftops in defence of others who hold similarly ridiculous views.

That's why.

I know you probably believe that to be true, but you're wrong btw.
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Right wing entry coincides with Muslim rant SHOCKER. Apparently liberals would defend a homophobic Muslim fruitcake and so they need to be bashed even when the topic is a homophobic Christian fruitcake.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's why.

Care to name names so we know who you're actually talking about? Otherwise I'm not convinced these "very same people" exist.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Why do you think the racists have to show that the poor UKIP are not bad at all and every single one of them every single week is just a one off and then blame the Muslims that The UKIP and they themselves are racists
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    Right wing entry coincides with Muslim rant SHOCKER. Apparently liberals would defend a homophobic Muslim fruitcake and so they need to be bashed even when the topic is a homophobic Christian fruitcake.

I always find irony and hypocrisy pertinent subjects for debate, even if others would prefer to close it down.
  • Options
    DanCleggDanClegg Posts: 2,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DadDancer wrote: »
    no but it is to try and make out that a very small minority of the party who behave badly represent the party as a whole. That is what this thread is trying to do.

You might have a point had Nigel Farage suspended him immediately but he didn't. He gave the usual guff about everyone being 'entitled to their opinion' and only suspended him when he went against party orders. If Farage is serious about UKIP being a serious party, he needs to act quickly on this kind of crap.

Funnily enough, UKIP were quick to act when someone came out in support of gay marriage. Why wasn't he 'entitled to his opinion'?

http://www.chesterfirst.co.uk/news/118932/ukip-candidate-forced-to-quit-over-support-for-gay-marriage.aspx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    Care to name names so we know who you're actually talking about? Otherwise I'm not convinced these "very same people" exist.

No, I am not naming names.

I have to laugh at all this head scratching, and pretence of puzzlement. It's completely transparent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DanClegg wrote: »
    Funnily enough, UKIP were quick to act when someone came out in support of gay marriage. Why wasn't he 'entitled to his opinion'?

and says he has been forced to resign because his public support for gay marriage and pro-immigration stance clashes with UKIP policy.

He was also criticised for backing calls for drugs to be decriminalised and because he did not fully support the campaign for the UK to leave the European Union

Err, I think the gay marriage bit may have been incidental. Sounds like he disagreed with UKIP's very raison d'etre.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always find irony and hypocrisy pertinent subjects for debate, even if others would prefer to close it down.

I was waiting on the old canard of "shutting down debate". It rears its head more often than a rabid right winger at the sound of the word "Muslim". May I ask how debate is being "shut down"? It always seems to be code for "if people think I'm talking garbage, they're just trying to shut down debate".
    No, I am not naming names.

I have to laugh at all this head scratching, and pretence of puzzlement. It's completely transparent.

Quelle surprise.