Options

Death in Paradise - Series 2

Comments

• Options
    REVUpminsterREVUpminster Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And perhaps it will go back to the first murder of the original chief played by Hugo Speer. Ooooh, that's why he left Father Brown, because he's coming back to Death in paradise!!
    Arc stories and now cross-over between series..i'll go mad!:)

Just joking of course. Don't want arc stories in this exept for the characters personal life. They seem to push more comedy this year so perhaps an episode where Fidel has to bring his baby at work. DI Goodman changing a diapper, that's gold. If there's a nice tiddy plot of course ;)

Hugo Spear with beard left Father Brown in the first episode of the second series to go to Prague for The Musketeers.
  • Options
    RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Wail!!!!! I thought I'd deleted DiP from my stupid Sky box downstairs so just had to google how to get things back! Useful to know!!!
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Back to the motive, this is my take on it, for those that are still confused -

It was Sacha's software company, presumably, with her dead the company would lose value as investors lost confidence in it and eventually it would go out of business - but with her still "alive" she could sell the company while it was still seen as a going concern and was at the height of its value.

Course even afer the sale questions might get asked about how a dead woman managed to sell her company, so they had to maintain the illusion that Sasha was still alive.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back to the motive, this is my take on it, for those that are still confused -

It was Sacha's software company, presumably, with her dead the company would lose value as investors lost confidence in it and eventually it would go out of business - but with her still "alive" she could sell the company while it was still seen as a going concern and was at the height of its value.

Course even afer the sale questions might get asked about how a dead woman managed to sell her company, so they had to maintain the illusion that Sasha was still alive.

Good idea, but with a couple of flaws :

1. If the presence of the sister is so important to the company, what's it going to fetch in a sale?

2. I assume by 'investors' you mean shareholders : the opinions of shareholders have little to do with the real value of a company.

On the other hand, the main drivers of share prices are fear and greed; logic rarely comes into it.

Not to mention the sequence of events when she awakes after the accident :

Doctor : I've some bad news, your sister's dead.

She : Oh my god, that's dreadful. What's going to happen to the value of her company?
  • Options
    TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I unfortunately had to watch Soccer Saturday on Sky for a while at the weekend and Kris Marshall was on it. He was full of himself and continually chewed gum in a manner reminiscent of a cow aggressively chewing the cud. First time I've seen him as himself and it'll hopefully be the last
  • Options
    marsch_labbmarsch_labb Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So another one tonight!
    Let's hope for a nice plot with a percentage open for interpretation, so we have fun discussions here.
    Let's hope the comedy bits are at the right place in the episode. In the first episode, it was too soon after the death of the DI; of course, i don't expect another known and loved character will die but you never know!
    I wish to everyone an enjoyable viewing :)
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good evening :)
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I half expected this to be cancelled tonight after that sailor chap was killed in St Lucia.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of familiar faces in this one.
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay - lizard! Good start.:D
  • Options
    jack_kerouacjack_kerouac Posts: 2,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evening.

Peter Davidson = biggest star = he done it ..

;-)
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evening.

Peter Davidson = biggest star = he done it ..

;-)

Peter Davison is in it too. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "that's three questions" - snort!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Murdering a woman, Paul, is a lot like making love to a beautiful woman - take your weapon in hand, stick it in in as many times as you need to and then clean up the sticky mess.
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    testing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon Lexi did it. The victim was Thea and she wanted rid of her. She knew Thea would take the cherry chocolate.

My guess.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Camille is finding Humphrey annoying. Bit like Richard really. Will the same results occur?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hands up who's mostly seeing this in the hope that Michelle Ryan or Hannah Tointon strip down to a bikini in the hot sun :blush:;-)
  • Options
    scotchscotch Posts: 10,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope, too much Kris Marshall for me.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kris Marshall sounds like he's doing a parody, maybe because I'm too used to seeing him as a comedian I can't take him seriously.

I think it's Michelle Ryan, making herself look like the target to get away with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Kris Marshall sounds like he's doing a parody, maybe because I'm too used to seeing him as a comedian I can't take him seriously.

I think it's Michelle Ryan, making herself look like the target to get away with it.

Yeah every now again it's a little stilted - will probably take a while to settle.
    But looks like they're developing the other characters more ...
  • Options
    Eater SundaeEater Sundae Posts: 10,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Suzie's a runner, so she obviously bought the poison for someone else. Lexi?
  • Options
    divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who goes buying illegal poisons and happens to blurt out their own name during the transaction?
  • Options
    Hyram FyramHyram Fyram Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marshall is rubbish, and it still makes no sense that Camille acts as if nothing much has happened even though her close colleague got stabbed through the heart.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A fairly obvious one this week though it is quite remarkable that they solved the mystery, including all forensic reports, in single day.