Options

Kylie Minogue - 'Into the Blue'

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see the resemblance but who cares? Delta's not troubled our charts in almost a decade. It's irrelevant and certainly won't bother the casual music buyer lol. Making an issue out of nothing is hilarious.
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Attia_Ash wrote: »
    I don't see the resemblance but who cares? Delta's not troubled our charts in almost a decade. It's irrelevant and certainly won't bother the casual music buyer lol. Making an issue out of nothing is hilarious.

I won't be nothing once the British press get hold of it. They have form for making a meal out of a mole hill. Any interview Kylie gives will probably be dogged with questions about Deltas song similarities and even if Kylie didn't write or produce it, it's still her song and the one who will get the negative press. I should imagine this will be more prevalent Down Under where Delta is famous.
  • Options
    newplanetnewplanet Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    On first listen - after Skirt and being told that it was going to be a new beginning musically for her - I was a teeny bit disappointed by how traditionally Kylie-esque it was. A few listens in and now I get it. It all seems a bit more grown up and sophisticated, doesn't it? The "Kylie should stop singing about dancing in the club" crowd should be "pleased" - although I am sure they'll just find something else to criticise her for.
    Well to be fair Kylie isn't really to blame if a copyright claim is made. She never writes or produces anything on her songs. So it can't be layed at her door.

Kylie is not a music producer but, whilst I don't believe she has a writing credit on this particular song, I count eight Top 10 hits with a writing credit. A few more outside the Top 10, inside the Top 40 and that's not including the many album tracks she's written.
  • Options
    tommYHYHtommYHYH Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    I reckon all media press will pick up on the fact it sounds similar to Delta's song. I mean, Katy Perry's 'Roar' sounded similar to 'Brave' and Sara hasn't had a hit here since 2007, yet the British press still picked up on that.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,283
    Forum Member
    Creamtea wrote: »
    I won't be nothing once the British press get hold of it. They have form for making a meal out of a mole hill. Any interview Kylie gives will probably be dogged with questions about Deltas song similarities and even if Kylie didn't write or produce it, it's still her song and the one who will get the negative press. I should imagine this will be more prevalent Down Under where Delta is famous.

:D Oh yeah! Especially since Kylie doing the Aussie of The Voice meant Delta got spun out of her chair and got banished to the kids version which will air later in the year after the regular show.
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tommYHYH wrote: »
    I reckon all media press will pick up on the fact it sounds similar to Delta's song. I mean, Katy Perry's 'Roar' sounded similar to 'Brave' and Sara hasn't had a hit here since 2007, yet the British press still picked up on that.

i agree and i only stumbled on the article when i googled the name of the song to gauge press reactions and that article was the top news story at the time. i don't see anyone making an issue about here personally, but we all know how stories like these can spread quickly over the internet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    :D Oh yeah! Especially since Kylie doing the Aussie of The Voice meant Delta got spun out of her chair and got banished to the kids version which will air later in the year after the regular show.

oh dear, that's a rather unfortunate twist in the tale and its another coincidence that could fuel more bad press for her there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And I've just found out Delta was accused of copying the song "Rebellion" by Arcade Fire! :D
    http://www.take40.com/news/30920/delta-goodrem-accused-of-plagiarising-arcade-fire-song!
  • Options
    Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know if the version online is the actual final version??? Kylie tweeted that she can't wait for us to hear the 'Final' version on Monday.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet Kylie's gutted her song sounds similar to Delta (who's) track. Panic stations alert LMFAO!! She REALLY must be bricking it as SO many people in the UK are going to notice and care. LMFAO LMFAO!!!

Excited about the UK premier of the track. German release dates been announced as March 7th. I guess they're doing the traditional method of release there too.

It's been an exciting week. I can't WAIT for the video. Do any of you Kylie fan's (not haters please) have an idea as to when the video will premiere?

Ta in advance. Nyt. :)
  • Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite catchy, could go either way in the charts, though her role on The Voice is attracting good press which is just what she needs, it could make top 10, heck I wouldn't be surprised if it made top 3 since Happy by Pharrell which wouldn't normally appeal to the current younger generation spent 3 weeks total at no1 and it still to this date
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it hadn't leaked I'd say #1 as it's a cracker, but now? Parlophone are dragging their heels as usual and not making the best of things by bringing the song forward on iTunes to ride the wave of the huge buzz it's leak has created.

Also, to wait 7 weeks from the premier on Kylie's website and to be able to actually buy it is 7 long weeks in the UK, to coincide with The Voice live shows. Are they nuts? It'll be lucky to make the top 10 now I believe.
  • Options
    RuthvenRuthven Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Archangel wrote: »
    If it hadn't leaked I'd say #1 as it's a cracker, but now? Parlophone are dragging their heels as usual and not making the best of things by bringing the song forward on iTunes to ride the wave of the huge buzz it's leak has created.

Also, to wait 7 weeks from the premier on Kylie's website and to be able to actually buy it is 7 long weeks in the UK, to coincide with The Voice live shows. Are they nuts? It'll be lucky to make the top 10 now I believe.

Yeah, I didn't understand that either - what's the point of such a gap? Forgive me, have no understanding of the Charts nowadays. Say, she unveiled the song as planned on 27th - would it be available to buy anywhere at that point? If so, what's the point of the March release date. If not, what's the point a March release date.

Modern music ways confuse me :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think her label gets a bum deal at times.:blush: kylie has enjoyed some of her biggest successes at that label and lets not forget, they did rescue her career in the late nineties.;-) parlophone has managed her career very well all things considered and they're under new ownership now, which should signal some positive changes over time.

the song hasn't even been unveiled yet officially and should the track receive a positive reception with the right amount of buzz from the offset, then perhaps the release will be brought forward. many previous massive hits have had later release dates in the uk, so its not a strategy unique to kylie or parlophone.
  • Options
    THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just can't warm up to this song ....tacky sounding.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Erm, she's not with Parlaphone anymore is she? I thought she left and signed with Roc Nation. I'm another one who doesn't understand modern music releases and I'm only in my 30s! If this is the final version that has been leaked, why not just think "Sod it" and release it early. I don't know how hard it is to do this though so maybe it's not that simple.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    Erm, she's not with Parlaphone anymore is she? I thought she left and signed with Roc Nation. I'm another one who doesn't understand modern music releases and I'm only in my 30s! If this is the final version that has been leaked, why not just think "Sod it" and release it early. I don't know how hard it is to do this though so maybe it's not that simple.

I'm SO glad it isn't being released early but in March instead.. Singles that are released on-air online tend to under perform in the UK. Artists such as Katy/Miley even Chery's lead singles were released in the traditional format ie having weeks of build up before hand.

Un;ess you are One Direction or Rihanna, the on air thing does't really work here and most UK labels are reverting back to the traditional method of release for lead single's before the album is out.

Kylie is still signed under Parlophone Records/Warner. Roc are her management. They've done a pretty good job thus far. With the live shows of The Voice starting a day before her single release it only makes sense to have a March 16th UK release.

I read something about this on the BBC too a while back.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very mixed to underwhelming response for this song so far. With a release date two months away I think it will underperform greatly unless it gets big radio and TV play.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very mixed to underwhelming response for this song so far. With a release date two months away I think it will underperform greatly unless it gets big radio and TV play.

Really?

The response on all the other websites blogs and even on Digispy before the article was pulled off was AMAZING. I though personally think it's more of a grower and was intended more for the casual market. I'm enjoying it now and think its better than All The Lovers and Slow for definite.

BTW catch Kylie on The Voice BBC1 Saturday evening 7pm. HeHe!! Have a LOVELY morning.

Into the bahluuuuuuuuuuuuu!!! ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm SO glad it isn't being released early but in March instead.. Singles that are released on-air online tend to under perform in the UK. Artists such as Katy/Miley even Chery's lead singles were released in the traditional format ie having weeks of build up before hand.

Un;ess you are One Direction or Rihanna, the on air thing does't really work here and most UK labels are reverting back to the traditional method of release for lead single's before the album is out.

Kylie is still signed under Parlophone Records/Warner. Roc are her management. They've done a pretty good job thus far. With the live shows of The Voice starting a day before her single release it only makes sense to have a March 16th UK release.

I read something about this on the BBC too a while back.

Thanks for clearing that up. Why she stays with Parlaphone I have no idea. They seem to treat her quite shabbily.
  • Options
    gmphmacgmphmac Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say I'm a big Kylie fan, but this is amazing. Loved this track as soon as I heard it.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really?

The response on all the other websites blogs and even on Digispy before the article was pulled off was AMAZING. I though personally think it's more of a grower and was intended more for the casual market. I'm enjoying it now and think its better than All The Lovers and Slow for definite.

BTW catch Kylie on The Voice BBC1 Saturday evening 7pm. HeHe!! Have a LOVELY morning.

Into the bahluuuuuuuuuuuuu!!! ;-)

It wasn't really amazing when you factor most of the comments came from the same few Kylie fans. The casuals, the most important buyers, don't seem to be feeling it.

We'll see ;)
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the song isn't released on Monday (27th?)? Just the 'first listen'?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    huge kylie fan here and this song is totally kylie 10/10
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well to be fair Kylie isn't really to blame if a copyright claim is made. She never writes or produces anything on her songs. So it can't be layed at her door.

That's where you're wrong. Since leaving PWL, Kylie's either written or mostly co-written the majority of her songs. Unfortunately non-Kylie fans (and some Journalists who are trying to get a headline to justify their job) perpetuate this myth that she still sings what she's given. She left PWL at the height of her fame in 1993 (the only one to ever honour her contract) to get away from that. A very brave thing to do. No one else would have had the bottle to do that in a hurry.

Her 1997 album "Impossible Princess" was entirely written and produced by her, and critics agree that it was her finest album, although not her most commercial.

Every artist and producer that she's ever worked with have said how great and hard working she is in the studio, both vocally and in the mixing process afterwards. Calvin Harries (who she "found" on Youtube before he was famous and gave him a leg up) reckoned that Kylie had forgotten more that he would ever know around a mixing desk.

It's easy to call Kylie because other people have stated the same through ignorance or apathy, but she really is the genuine article but has never been given the respect that she deserves unfortunately. :)

P.S. To those on here that are getting a little hysterical about any similarities between songs... The only similarity to Delta Goodram's song is that one word is sung in a similar way, which is ridiculous as that would mean everyone would be suing everyone. Anyway, and I'm sorry to say this to any Aussies on here, but outside of Australia barely anyone has ever heard of her. The co-writer of Kylie's "Into The Blue" certainly hasn't as she stated just a few days ago.