Options

Death in Paradise - Series 2

Comments

• Options
    RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Can't they just arrest the script writer for being generally creepy!
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RFS wrote: »
    Can't they just arrest the script writer for being generally creepy!

Creepy :confused:
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marshall needs to go back to acting school.
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got it right. And seeing as I got it right I contend it was one of the hardest and most devious storylines to fathom out.

Camille looking motherly at Humphrey. He really has replaced Richard hasn't he?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't no why some of you don't like Marshall, he's his on character he's not meant to be Ben, and I like him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jcafcw wrote: »
    Got it right. And seeing as I got it right I contend it was one of the hardest and most devious storylines to fathom out.

Camille looking motherly at Humphrey. He really has replaced Richard hasn't he?

I had a feeling it was her although I also thought it may have been the producer earlier on :blush:
  • Options
    jack_kerouacjack_kerouac Posts: 2,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evening.

Peter Davidson = biggest star = he done it ..

;-)

Ok next guest star on list ...

Michelle Ryan a welcome sight on the screen all the same.

If we pretend the first series didnt exist this is not to bad, but lead accident prone just not enough Cleuseau (sp) and to much for this show.
    Sadley missing teh cosy family dynamic it had built up in first series..but watcheable for escape :-)
  • Options
    Hyram FyramHyram Fyram Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't no why some of you don't like Marshall, he's his on character he's not meant to be Ben, and I like him.

Fascinating. I don't.
  • Options
    spectraspectra Posts: 2,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok next guest star on list ...

Michelle Ryan a welcome sight on the screen all the same.

If we pretend the first series didnt exist this is not to bad, but lead accident prone just not enough Cleuseau (sp) and to much for this show.
    Sadley missing teh cosy family dynamic it had built up in first series..but watcheable for escape :-)

This is the 3rd series. Was the "cosy family dynamic" lost in the 2nd series?
  • Options
    scotchscotch Posts: 10,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You like him. I don't like him.

Different opinions are allowed!
  • Options
    mirandashellmirandashell Posts: 2,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't if anyone has mentioned it but last week's and this week's story were direct rip offs of Agatha Christie stories.

Lazy lazy writing.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't if anyone has mentioned it but last week's and this week's story were direct rip offs of Agatha Christie stories.

Lazy lazy writing.

When it comes to murder mysteries there are very few original ideas. If you combine the history of literature, TV and film every possible way of killing someone has been done many times over.
  • Options
    mirandashellmirandashell Posts: 2,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're misunderstanding me. It wasn't just unoriginal, it was direct rip off. It took me five minutes to work that it was the plot of The Mirror Cracked and I knew who the killer was. And last week's was a rip off of A Murder is Announced. So that took me 5 mins as well.

Lazy writing.
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Lazy lazy writing.

The murder mysteries are just the coat peg the burgeoning love affair between Camille and Rich....err...Humphrey is hung on.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guessed it from 20 mins in. It must mean it's bad as I can never work these things out!
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lazy lazy writing.

That's what made me guess Michelle Ryan, it reminded me of The Mirror Cracked.
  • Options
    nic6nic6 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marshall is rubbish, and it still makes no sense that Camille acts as if nothing much has happened even though her close colleague got stabbed through the heart.

My thoughts as well, pure nonsense. Like many others I am watching to admire the scenery especially Sara Martins.:D
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,720
    Forum Member
    Marshall is rubbish, and it still makes no sense that Camille acts as if nothing much has happened even though her close colleague got stabbed through the heart.
    We don't know how much time has lapsed. And we also don't spend every minute with them. It's not in real-time, you know ;)
    alan29 wrote: »
    Marshall needs to go back to acting school.
    And yet he's in a top-rated drama on prime-time BBC1.

(I really miss my 'rollingeyes' smiley :()
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    nic6 wrote: »
    My thoughts as well, pure nonsense. Like many others I am watching to admire the scenery especially Sara Martins.:D

You should really tell us more often;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was the tea girl, until she turned up dead. :D
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In those pants, Camille can do what she pleases, as far as I'm concerned.

Peter Davison, was it just his character who had trouble with his breathing?
    He didn't look too well. Mind you, I'm remembering him in "The Last Detective."
  • Options
    catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is every episode in series 3 going to hinge on cups of tea, in homage to Richard Poole?
  • Options
    nic6nic6 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Series 3 available from the BBC shop March 2014. No blu ray release even though shot in HD. So record to your hard drive and then burn directly to bluray, the BBC are not allowed to encrypt their programmes
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    I like Chris Marshall very much, but I agree Camille doesn't seem affected at all by the demise of her former colleague. It can't be more than a week since he died and Marshall arrived, because when Marshall arrived he said in the first episode that his wife was following soon, and this was the episode where she was supposed to arrive. So a week or two at most since the murder of Camille's colleague.
  • Options
    saralundsaralund Posts: 3,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not very hard to work out the culprit; I must say. It was never quite so easy in the first two series - have the writers changed?

This episode seemed a bit of an in-joke, with a film set, a star complaining about only getting one day off and never getting to see the island (cf Ben Miller), writers being rubbished.