6. Manchester City
7. Chelsea
8. Arsenal

Read the rest here:

Comments

• Options
    Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,503
    Forum Member
    People thought City were taking the piss with their Etihad deal, small change now compared to PSG!
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 57,058
    Forum Member
    I find this pretty pointless. It's just a table of turnover, no mention of profits. So what if Man City have a bigger turnover than Arsenal, we all know which one is the sounder business.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do West Ham make that much dosh?
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So PSG's income jumps by 81%.

Who'd have thought that winning Ligue 1 pays so handsomely?....
  • Options
    super-eaglesuper-eagle Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find this pretty pointless. It's just a table of turnover, no mention of profits. So what if Man City have a bigger turnover than Arsenal, we all know which one is the sounder business.

"We all know" ? ? ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "We all know" ? ? ?

Yes. One makes profits nearly every year and has huge cash reserves. The other make substantial losses every year. Guess which is which.
  • Options
    TheWireRulesTheWireRules Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Juventus played a blinder with that new Stadium. One question though, why did they get more Champions League money than anyone else?

Also these Arab airlines namely Fly Emirates must run at a massive loss the amount of cash they pump into football teams.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. One makes profits nearly every year and has huge cash reserves. The other make substantial losses every year. Guess which is which.

Do you know anything about business ?

It is perfectly okay to invest money and make losses for a while, so long as you see return in your investments.

Man City have the best model in England. They are playing the best brand of football in the country, they are winning trophies and as a result their revenues are skyrocketing.
  • Options
    The RatThe Rat Posts: 6,048
    Forum Member
    I do love it when this list gets published every year as we get the opportunity to see who hasn't the foggiest about how to run a business.

Dave
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do you know anything about business ?

It is perfectly okay to invest money and make losses for a while, so long as you see return in your investments.

Man City have the best model in England. They are playing the best brand of football in the country, they are winning trophies and as a result their revenues are skyrocketing.

Yeah I do thanks.

Man City do not have a model where they are going to get a return on their investment though do they? Chelsea have been doing it a lot longer and still have no return and are still making huge losses.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I do thanks.

Man City do not have a model where they are going to get a return on their investment though do they? Chelsea have been doing it a lot longer and still have no return and are still making huge losses.

They will see a return. Manchester City will soon make £400 million annually. The club is run by smart people, they know what they're doing.
  • Options
    The NetThe Net Posts: 5,498
    Forum Member
    They will see a return. Last seasons revenue was £271. Next season it will be £320, and the season after that it about be close to £400 million. The club is run by smart people, they know what they're doing.

So then please explain how they (Man City) will make a profit. Smart businessmen or mega rich oil billionaires with money to burn on a plaything?

The clubs wages alone were £220m in 2011-12 and you can bet your bottom dollar they will be up again. I suspect there could well be fudging as a result of the pressures of FFP requirements exclusions to help alleviate any loss will be adding back depreciation, development of the academy and of course selling the intellectual property rights to the owners for an over-inflated amount. The only smart ones will be those expensive accountants to advise how not report usual business losses.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Net wrote: »
    So then please explain how they (Man City) will make a profit. Smart businessmen or mega rich oil billionaires with money to burn on a plaything?

The clubs wages alone were £220m in 2011-12 and you can bet your bottom dollar they will be up again. I suspect there could well be fudging as a result of the pressures of FFP requirements exclusions to help alleviate any loss will be adding back depreciation, development of the academy and of course selling the intellectual property rights to the owners for an over-inflated amount. The only smart ones will be those expensive accountants to advise how not report usual business losses.

Erm, no the wages bill has been coming down, Manchester City do not have to pay ridiculous wages to attract the best players anymore. All the best players want to play for Man City, not United, not Chelsea or Arsenal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Erm, no the wages bill has been coming down, Manchester City do not have to pay ridiculous wages to attract the best players anymore. All the best players want to play for Man City, not United, not Chelsea or Arsenal.

Where are you getting your info from? Their wage bill had increased in the 2012 accounts from the 2011 ones and they haven't published their 2013 results yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They will see a return. Manchester City will soon make £400 million annually. The club is run by smart people, they know what they're doing.

Are you just making up numbers? Where are they getting an additional £130m turnover from?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you just making up numbers? Where are they getting an additional £130m turnover from?

New sponsorships deals, new premier league TV deal, new championsleague TV deal starting from 2015. Teh club is also increasing the stadium capacity to 60,000 .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where are you getting your info from? Their wage bill had increased in the 2012 accounts from the 2011 ones and they haven't published their 2013 results yet.

Many players who had big contracts left the club this season, e.g. Kolo Toure, Santa Cruz, Adebayor, Bridge, Tevez, Barry ... the new players that the club signed weren't given lucrative contracts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Manchester City slash giant wage bill
    MAN CITY have slashed an incredible £643,000-a-week off their wage bill since the Spanish duo of Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristain started running the club.

Carlos Tevez was on an eye-watering £198,000 a week at Manchester City
    Carlos Tevez was the latest high earner to go – £198k a week – when he was sold to Juventus for £10m last week.

CEO Soriano and Sporting Director Begiristain have also overseen the *departures of another four major salaries from the player wage bill, since taking charge late last year.

The January sale of Mario Balotelli to AC Milan saved City £150,000-a-week, while three out-of-contract players have also been released.

Wayne Bridge and Roque Santa Cruz were on £90k a week, while Kolo Toure - snapped up by Liverpool on a free - was on an astonishing £115,000-a-week at the Etihad.

All that adds up to an annual saving of more than £33 million.

City became the Premier League biggest spenders following the takeover of the club by the Abu Dhabi Group.

But they are now addressing their finances to fall in line with Financial Fair Play rules.

“The January sale of Mario Balotelli to AC Milan saved City £150,000-a-week, while three out-of-contract players have also been released.”
    City’s wages now are lower, with new contracts incentive based and enhanced by generous bonuses for success.

For instance, major new signings Fernandinho and Jesus Navas have basic deals of £90k and £70k-a-week respectively."

---

So expenditure has been coming down, revenues going up, the club will soon break even and then start raking in the profits.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Manchester City slash giant wage bill

---

So expenditure has been coming down, revenues going up, the club will soon break even and then start raking in the profits.

You're not an accountant are you?:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're not an accountant are you?:p

You claimed that Manchester City will not see a return on investment. You were deadly wrong. The club's revenue is soaring and expenditure has been coming down. There's no shame in being wrong, we all do wrong things, we all make mistakes, so I'm not going to laugh in your face or anything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You claimed that Manchester City will not see a return on investment. You were deadly wrong. The club's revenue is soaring and expenditure has been coming down. There's no shame in being wrong, we all do wrong things, we all make mistakes, so I'm not going to laugh in your face or anything.

You know a lot about their unpublished accounts don't you?
  • Options
    tennismantennisman Posts: 4,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While there may be evidence of City reducing their weekly wage bill, if I remember correctly, in their last 2 sets of accounts, their wages were in excess of their turnover, reinforcing how the owner is bank-rolling the clubs finances.

So the above numbers look big but are they really? What impact will they have on overall finances?

Will those reductions bring their wage bill below turnover?

if so, by how much?

We will only be able to tell if City are making any money when the next set of accounts (or 2??) are released.

Essentially, Abu Dhabi money has been washed through the club in an attempt to build brand Abu Dhabi as much as brand City.

Remember talking to a young member of the City academy coaching staff at my gym. His job was to go into schools and trawl the kids as young as 8 for talent (something I abhor).

He said the long term goal would be that the club would not need to spend vast money on international transfers and develop players from within to build on current success.

It all sounds so good, doesn't it but I'll believe it when I see it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tennisman wrote: »
    While there may be evidence of City reducing their weekly wage bill, if I remember correctly, in their last 2 sets of accounts, their wages were in excess of their turnover, reinforcing how the owner is bank-rolling the clubs finances.

So the above numbers look big but are they really? What impact will they have on overall finances?

Will those reductions bring their wage bill below turnover?

if so, by how much?

We will only be able to tell if City are making any money when the next set of accounts (or 2??) are released.

Essentially, Abu Dhabi money has been washed through the club in an attempt to build brand Abu Dhabi as much as brand City.

Remember talking to a young member of the City academy coaching staff at my gym. His job was to go into schools and trawl the kids as young as 8 for talent (something I abhor).

He said the long term goal would be that the club would not need to spend vast money on international transfers and develop players from within to build on current success.

It all sounds so good, doesn't it but I'll believe it when I see it.

The youth setup is probably the best in the country.Like the first team, the U16's are scoring a lot of goals and are dominating their league. This August, a new training complex will be opened .. it will have the best facilities in the world.
  • Options
    yaristamanyaristaman Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

All the best players want to play for city do they?? Why's that then. What do city have that the others don't?? 'cos they're a good side but not THAT good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yaristaman wrote: »
    All the best players want to play for city do they?? Why's that then. What do city have that the others don't?? 'cos they're a good side but not THAT good.

If you are a top player, you want to join the best teams . Simple as that. Chelsea are in transition. Manchester United are in decline. Arsenal haven't won anything in 8 years. Manchester City however, have a world class squad capable of winning many trophies, hence why the top players don't have to think twice about signing for Man City.

The Citizens did their business very early in the last window, buying the likes of Fernandinho, Negredo and Navas .. other clubs struggled to buy the players they wanted ... in the last days of the window they all started panic buying.