Favourite Emmerdale Character 2014 - Round 2, Heat 1

Comments

• Options
    BeaurepaireBeaurepaire Posts: 13,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    star89 wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with lurking >:(>:(:blush::p

(Btw this post is in total jest. Check out my location <<< and you'll see why :D)

Everyone should put Dobbie at the bottom :p:D:D (preferably the quarry)

A quick thanks to Reserved for the hard work involved in putting this game together. Who cares about the way the votes are counted :)
  • Options
    Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,654
    Forum Member
    Everyone should put Dobbie at the bottom :p:D:D

A quick thanks to Reserved for the hard work involved in putting this game together. Who cares about the way the votes are counted :)

Debbie should be at the top of EVERYTHING.

All hail Deborah Dingle. :D
  • Options
    ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Game over, folks. Debbie Dingle's already won.
  • Options
    star89star89 Posts: 24,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone should put Dobbie at the bottom :p:D:D

All hail Deborah Dingle. :D

Sorry Reserved, I feel I am to blame for this off topic nonsense (Although Mel's post is far from nonsense ;-)). Ok, ok yes I am to blame :blush:
  • Options
    BeaurepaireBeaurepaire Posts: 13,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reserved wrote: »

I take back the nice things I said about you :p:D

Dobbie should be last >:(>:(>:(>:(

Spits fiddled votes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

*Takes hands away from Reserved's neck*

YAY :D:D:D

:p:p:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This game is more rigged than Eurovision. >:(:p
  • Options
    80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes thanks Reserved, your hard work is really appreciated :)
  • Options
    80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Pfft, Debbie's no chance. Cain will walk this :p
  • Options
    Telly_FanTelly_Fan Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It just seems like a lot of bother for what is essentially a line or two summary on each character. Would anyone really care if I were to stop writing a summary? I doubt it. A few notes (mentally and jotted down) is what I find best.

As long as the votes are correct, that's all that really matters.

Well yes of course, if you're happy with you're way so be it. But may I enquire how you are totting up the votes currently? I'd have thought even without a summary, my 'stage 1' is the easiest way to tally them up. Especially with the check line (adding them all up to 55) which should ensure you've not made a mistake. I'm genuinely interested how you do it. :)
    I'll just make a bit more effort with the summaries now I know some may look into them for guidance.

They probably don't, to be fair. :) It wasn't so much about the effect it would have, as just puzzlement as why it was wrong at all.
    Yes you have, but you made it incredibly patronising.

If you were grateful for what Reserved was doing you wouldn't be telling him/her the way YOU think it should be done.

Maybe next time you should do your own poll?

Why do I need to do my own poll? I made a suggestion about adding average scores as an extra feature. Reserved rejected this suggestion, as was his right to do. In my opinion, it would still be better to have the averages - as is my right to have such an opinion. We can agree to disagree on that though. :)

The other thing I "told" him to do. Well you tell me - if you'd accidentally left Debbie from your vote, or put Sarah or someone in by mistake, would you rather Debbie was moved to the bottom, or that Reserved alerted you to your error so that you could fix it? Again, if he is busy or for other reasons doesn't want to make contact, that is entirely his prerogative, but then isn't it better that you know that any mistake would risk Debbie being automatically put at the bottom? When I spotted the heat 6 "Ashley" mistake I automatically assumed that Reserved would check for the correct positioning of Amelia. I'd spotted it, Reserved had said on the thread that he was behind, so I contacted him to help him out. That's how it came to light. As I indicated earlier I probably would have left him to his own devices (as I did during heat 7) but I was posting anyway so I thought I'd let people know they had to be careful with their votes.

The debate on here wasn't about telling him what to do so I won't dwell any further on that

Lastly, as noted at the start of this post, I was offering suggestions on how he could save time - in compiling, in checking, and in looking at things to summarise.

Reserved can run the poll how he likes. We should all welcome feedback though. It can be disregarded by all means, but I don't see any problem with offering suggestions for improvement. People on here offer suggestion for improving Emmerdale all the time. They still appreciate that Emmerdale exists, and aren't told not to have an opinion unless they're prepared to apply for a job on the show.
  • Options
    Telly_FanTelly_Fan Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No-one, probably. I just thought I'd try and help save him time (and also show there were no hard feelings at the same time) :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Dobbehstan 12 points :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing wrong with lurking >:(>:(:blush::p

(Btw this post is in total jest. Check out my location <<< and you'll see why :D)

Dear God, I woke the beast! I knew I should have provided a picture of Jasmine as a distraction!

Hahaha! :-D

Like Kate Oades list of people to axe Melephunk2010? Surprisingly we agree!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear God, I woke the beast! I knew I should have provided a picture of Jasmine as a distraction!

I'm not that easily distracted >:( Jasmine? Where?!! :blush:
    Hahaha! :-D

Don't encourage her >:(
    Like Kate Oades list of people to axe Melephunk2010? Surprisingly we agree!

:o:o>:(>:(:p
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MissLola wrote: »
    Dobbehstan 12 points :D

:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    1. Debbie Dingle :)
    2. Nicola King
    3. Diane Sugden
    4. Victoria Sugden
    5. Belle Dingle
    6. Finn Barton
    7. Moira Barton
    8. Kerry Wyatt
    9. Georgia Sharma
    10. Zak Dingle
    11. Ross Barton
    12. Andy Sugden
  • Options
    Ren92Ren92 Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Ross Barton
    Victoria Sugden
    Nicola King
    Debbie Dingle
    Zak Dingle
    Kerry Wyatt
    Moira Barton
    Finn Barton
    Diane Sugden
    Belle Dingle
    Andy Sugden
    Georgia Sharma
  • Options
    ferdybookgeekferdybookgeek Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :Edit - I didn't corrupt Ferdy, I swear :o

I don't need to be corrupted to like Debbie, she's wonderfully likeable (to me anyway :p), she's been my favourite character for years. All Hail Debbie :D
  • Options
    ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for all the votes so far :)
    *Takes hands away from Reserved's neck*

YAY :D:D:D

:p:p:p

I don't mind Debbie, but it's times like this that I wish Cameron would've finished her off :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the votes so far :)

I don't mind Debbie, but it's times like this that I wish Cameron would've finished her off :cry:

:o>:(:o>:(:o>:(:p
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose I should vote if only to make sure Victoria isn't voted Out.

1) Victoria Sugden
    2) Debbie Dingle
    3) Belle Dengle
    4) Moira Barton
    5) Nicola King
    6) Diane Sugden
    7) Zak Dingle
    8) Andy Sugden
    9) Finn Barton
    10) Ross Barton
    11) Georgia Sharma
    12) Kerry Wyatt
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    I suppose I should vote if only to make sure Victoria isn't voted Out.

1) Victoria Sugden
    2) Debbie Dingle
    3) Belle Dengle
    4) Moira Barton
    5) Nicola King
    6) Diane Sugden
    7) Zak Dingle
    8) Andy Sugden
    9) Finn Barton
    10) Ross Barton
    11) Georgia Sharma
    12) Kerry Wyatt

:o:o:o You have obviously got the hots for star, cos there is no other reason you would put Dobbeh 2nd (and Kerry last).>:(>:(

Fine - but I'll get my own back somehow - you won't know where or when, but just know I'm coming for you kwynne. >:(
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    :o:o:o You have obviously got the hots for star, cos there is no other reason you would put Dobbeh 2nd (and Kerry last).>:(>:(

Fine - but I'll get my own back somehow - you won't know where or when, but just know I'm coming for you kwynne. >:(

Hang on when have I ever hidden how much I can't stand Kerry, I always considered her even worse than her daughter Amy and you know how I felt about her.

Debbie might have come top but as I mentioned earlier elsewhere I had to slightly reassess her in light of certain Star behaviour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »

Kwynne loves Debbie :p:p
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    Hang on when have I ever hidden how much I can't stand Kerry, I always considered her even worse than her daughter Amy and you know how I felt about her.

Debbie might have come top but as I mentioned earlier elsewhere I had to slightly reassess her in light of certain Star behaviour.

:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for running this btw Reserved :-D