Options

why do people like Jim???

Comments

• Options
    marie67marie67 Posts: 1,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dictamus wrote: »
    Misogynists always have a big following on Big Brother.

I don't disagree but think I think the conversation might be more interesting if you want to name names.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jim is clear favourite to win,look at the love on Fb and twitter he is also odds on favourite to win and leading every poll just get over it

We're not disagreeing with you - we're just asking WHY?

why, why, why.......???????????? in the name of sanity... WHY????

Given that the past voting demographic has always been young and female, why would they suddenly start voting for someone like Jim who hasn't even been on TV for years. His humour is ancient, his recent history is, to say the least, unfavourable, what on earth would make them choose Jim over the likes of Sam or Ollie or Dappy or any other of-the-moment celebrity?

You have to admit he is an odd choice - he hasn't made me laugh.
  • Options
    HectorMcClureHectorMcClure Posts: 1,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get why people love Jim and are hating Linda?? I'm not saying linda was an angel and she did wind him up a lot but I don't think jim was a victim as people are making out especially as he made sexist comments about women and then brought up Linda's husband Brian. I have lost people who were absolutely everything to me so I know what its like and you never EVER bring them up in arguments as its the lowest you can go!! Why is everyone wanting sexist Jim to win????

Linda brought her husband into it, for goodness sake!

She said in an interview before she came in that she holds a grudge against Jim because of an argument he had with her husband 20 years ago.

She had the claws out for Jim before she even entered the house. She had abused him on numerous occasions before the Frank Carson argument.

The issues she had with Jim started long before the Frank Carson incident. Jim referred to that incident as it explains Linda's hatred of him.

She is now just trying to use her dead husband to excuse her appalling behaviour towards Jim.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    he said ask about FC dressing room.
    Never mentioned her husband or his name.
    Exactly.

Jim knew that it was about her husband, of course, but he DID NOT mention him first.
  • Options
    HelenbemerryHelenbemerry Posts: 5,738
    Forum Member
    fisch wrote: »
    Dont think the voting demographic know Jims history as a wife beater etc.
    And judging by the posters on here who support him they just ignore it.

For gods sake, Jim was in a volatile relationship with ONE of his wives that he was married to for 6 months in 1987 - it is well documented that there was violence from both sides. The wife in question is not still bleating on about it so why do people on this forum feel the need to - it was between her and him, no one but them knows the full story behind it and quite frankly, it's nobody else's business.

If the only ammunition people have about him is his behaviour 27 years ago they really are scraping the bottom of the barrel - I'm certainly not going to judge him on that and unless you are the wife in question, get over it
  • Options
    simonk243simonk243 Posts: 3,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems that people think he's been picked on and he can't cope so it's a sympathy vote.

I get that Jim has constantly and over and over again said that people like Luisa and Linda keep getting at him - but I agree with most of the other housemates in that it's Jim who starts the strife with his innocent sounding little comments.

He's really attention seeking with his poor little me act.

He has played such a game and many people don't seem to see that. Yes Linda and Luisa have said some nasty things and caused rows but so has Jim and Jim knows what buttons to press with them. So why isn't Jim seen in the same light ?

People who know Jim will know that he has held back and not said or reacted the way he normally would. Like Linda said he is game player and deserves an oscar

Always a racist always a sexist always a homophobic

people need to open there eyes
  • Options
    SunnySunshineSunnySunshine Posts: 5,399
    Forum Member

Given that the past voting demographic has always been young and female, why would they suddenly start voting for someone like Jim who hasn't even been on TV for years. His humour is ancient, his recent history is, to say the least, unfavourable, what on earth would make them choose Jim over the likes of Sam or Ollie or Dappy or any other of-the-moment celebrity?

The only thing I can think of is that Louis Tomlinson from One Direction has come out in support of Jim. Maybe some One Direction fans are voting for Jim because they're idol apparently likes him.

Nobody I know will admit to liking Jim. We all think he's a sneaky creep.
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    simonk243 wrote: »
    He has played such a game and many people don't seem to see that. Yes Linda and Luisa have been have said some nasty things and caused rows but so has Jim and Jim knows what buttons to press with them.

People who know Jim will know that he has held back and not said or reacted the way he normally would. Like Linda said he is game player and deserves an oscar

Always a racist always a sexist always a homophobic

people need to open there eyes

Is that right ??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If I say "Frank Carson's Dressing Room" who do you think of?
  • Options
    Helsbels46Helsbels46 Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I must admit, I was just wondering if his humour is relevant to an audience today - for example I used to really like Reeves & Mortimer in their day but feel their time has been & now find them irritating. On live feed earlier Jim was cooking - he & Dappy were speaking in high pitched voices to each other - it just seems very dated & childish to me :confused::confused:
  • Options
    confuddledconfuddled Posts: 3,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He did not.

JIm said 'ask her about Frank Carson's dressing room'.

She mentioned that it was to do with her husband.

This^^^^she brought up her husband, with some glee I felt as it allowed her to take the high moral ground because he is dead. The fake outrage and tears were simply contrived for sympathy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing I can think of is that Louis Tomlinson from One Direction has come out in support of Jim. Maybe some One Direction fans are voting for Jim because they're idol apparently likes him.

Nobody I know will admit to liking Jim. We all think he's a sneaky creep.

Do you even read this forum or twitter?

How about listening to crowd reaction?

He's been cheered every single week.

Jim is a hugely popular figure and always has been. He's had a successful career for 35+ years. People like Jim and that's why he's the favourite to win.

To suggets it has something to do with One Direction is ludicrous. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    He represents the views of a lot of British people.

Not me, but there are plenty that agree with him.

This is what saddens me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    confuddled wrote: »
    This^^^^she brought up her husband, with some glee I felt as it allowed her to take the high moral ground because he is dead. The fake outrage and tears were simply contrived for sympathy.

Correct....

She brought her dead husband into it and she has tried to use at every opportunity to gain sympathy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Jim and make no apology for it. I allow myself to listen to sexist, homophobic and generally tasteless humour without becoming sexist, homophobic or generally tasteless.
    There is often funny quirks in stereotypes that are honest and..... Funny;-)
  • Options
    jason_strenthamjason_strentham Posts: 626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Jim because he's funny. And he seems fair. Yes he can be rude & overbearing. But everyone has faults. I prefer to see the positive in people. As long as he doesn't drink too heavy he isn't a monster.
  • Options
    PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He built his career on some of the most unpleasant bigoted comedy of the 70s and 80s.

There's a reason that none of his routines are ever shown on TV any more! It would be half bleeped out "****" and n-word references.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pootmatoot wrote: »
    He built his career on some of the most unpleasant bigoted comedy of the 70s and 80s.

There's a reason that none of his routines are ever shown on TV any more! It would be half bleeped out "****" and n-word references.

Yeah, because Frankie Boyle is an angel and and they never show him on tv.... :confused:
  • Options
    weejim1961weejim1961 Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    If I say "Frank Carson's Dressing Room" who do you think of?

Frank Carson "News at ten"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    choklat wrote: »
    This is what saddens me.

When Jim Davidson was doing his chalky act there were loads of sit cons on the tv casually throwing around racism, it may not make it acceptable in this day and age but at the time he was bang on trend and millions loved him.
    Of course he doesn't do his chalky act anymore because even he can see it's not relevant or the delivery acceptable. Having a pop at Muslims, Catholics or whatever else he does in this day and age he will do with a relevant slant, as I've been told he does, but then I can think of others who are just as provocative as he is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    weejim1961 wrote: »
    Frank Carson "News at ten"

Ok..Interesting. I definitely have a different frame of reference to you then.
  • Options
    PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, because Frankie Boyle is an angel and and they never show him on tv.... :confused:

Frankie Boyle is pretty much the opposite of racist or homophobic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    For gods sake, Jim was in a volatile relationship with ONE of his wives that he was married to for 6 months in 1987 - it is well documented that there was violence from both sides. The wife in question is not still bleating on about it so why do people on this forum feel the need to - it was between her and him, no one but them knows the full story behind it and quite frankly, it's nobody else's business.

If the only ammunition people have about him is his behaviour 27 years ago they really are scraping the bottom of the barrel - I'm certainly not going to judge him on that and unless you are the wife in question, get over it

It's funny how beating your wife and throwing her down the stairs can be be brushed off so easily, whilst apparently it's unforgivable for a woman to dislike a racist, sexist homophobic man and be truthful about what she thinks of him, or even god forbid get angry with him.

The dynamic of how abusers are protected in our communities is being well-demonstrated here.
  • Options
    HelenbemerryHelenbemerry Posts: 5,738
    Forum Member
    Pootmatoot wrote: »

There's quite a few things that aren't shown on TV now - does everyone hate Patrick Truman in Eastenders because he was in Love Thy Neighbour?

Some people really need to get a grip and stop being offended for other people.
  • Options
    Helsbels46Helsbels46 Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dictamus wrote: »
    It's funny how beating your wife and throwing her down the stairs can be be brushed off so easily, whilst apparently it's unforgivable for a woman to dislike a racist, sexist homophobic man and be truthful about what she thinks of him, or even god forbid get angry with him.

The dynamic of how abusers are protected in our communities is being well-demonstrated here.

I feel the same :(