Options

Pop star in a coffee shop

Comments

• Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Croctacus wrote: »
    Having breakfast in a cafe in Greenwich Market years ago and at the next table were Michael Barrymore, Danny Baker, Chris Evans and Will from TFI Friday.

If only someone could have dropped a piano on that table...
  • Options
    CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JB3 wrote: »
    I was in the queue at the checkouts in B&Q, the bloke in front of me was that bloke who does 'who wants to be a millionaire', I had to laugh, because the till guy rang his stuff through and bagged it up, went to hand him the bag, then whipped it way saying' we don't want to give that!' I laughed but the millionaire bloke looked as if he'd heard it a thousand times and just looked resigned at having to endure it.

ha that cashier sounds awesome
  • Options
    venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I once walked part the coffee shop next door to where I worked in London and Mick Hucknall was sat at the table in the window. It was awful, he could at least have sat away from the window where he couldn't be seen!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Used to see Brian Harvey (Remember East 17?) allot in his jag around Chingford mount in the 90's.

Vic Reeves nearly trod on my foot at Victoria station as he was looking up at the board with his wife (they're both quite tall!). They then went off into WHSmiths, didn't have the guts to say anything to him.

One of the weirdest times I saw a celeb was Frank Bruno coming out of a community centre in Leytonstone wearing sunglasses and a hawaiian shirt while surrounded by jewish blokes with their long black coats, black hats and long hair. He was waving them bye as he got in his car and they were throwing stuff at him (good naturedly).
  • Options
    mightybudgiemightybudgie Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    Judi Dench popped into my local Starbucks recently, I think she was with her daughter. She queued as normal and bought a large round of drinks. Based on their facial expressions, I think everybody recognised her (definitely a few awestruck) but she was left in peace, was very polite and courteous to the barista and left in a waiting car.
  • Options
    Dan 54Dan 54 Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would be straight outta there.

Dont worry-I got it...
  • Options
    Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had a few encounters. Many years ago, I sat having lunch in a co-op restuarant and sitting a few tables away was Adam Faith with two other men. He was appearing at a local theatre at the time.

Another time (also many years ago) I was on holiday with my parents in Bournemouth and we were helping ourselves at the salad bar in a pub restuarant, when my mum said that a man near to us looked like Roy Castle. Later that day we saw him being filmed for record breakers at the model village we were visiting.

I was with my son queueing to buy a CD in HMV a few years back when we saw Joe Pasquale just in front of us buying some CDs. He was appearing in panto in the town.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    I once told Johnny Ball I used to watch him on the telly during some design/technology thing at the Manchester Arndale Centre and have an autographed photographo of Michelle Collins on my cupboard door (she did some shopping at the Co-Op where I work).
  • Options
    OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I once saw Elaine C Smith doing her shopping in Glasgow Marks & Spencer. She replied to people who said hello to her but seemed more intent on the vegetables.
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bizarre day. Was having a nice latte today at C@s#a cafe and doing my work on my laptop when suddenly Limahl walked past me and sat down looking less than delighted with the world.

Made me wonder if anyone has met such an A+ celeb in their local coffeeshop or if they could choose a celeb, who would it be ? Im hoping for Ms Perry :)

Didnt put this in music thread as they are a very serious bunch there

Ms Perry, excellent choice :cool:
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    Did you talk to him or were you too shy?

Very good!
  • Options
    DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stood behind Richard and Judy and their kids in the queue at selfridges in London. , they were like an ordinary family.
  • Options
    butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I once saw Leo from 'Airline' at Luton Airport, working behind some sort of customer service desk...
  • Options
    MadamfluffMadamfluff Posts: 3,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me and my mate were in a cuban restaurant in Miami a couple of years ago, my mate speaks spanish and she was teaching me how to order from the menu and we were having a really nice time.

There was a short bald chap with friends on the next table who came over to us and ask if we were on holiday and told us of the best places to go, he was really proud of Miami, talked to us for ages and was really sweet.

We didn't know who he was, because of the way people were looking at him and the fact that he had a couple of huge minders, we thought he was a local drug dealer.

When the party left he came back over, kissed us and told us to have a wonderful holiday, when we went to pay the bill we were told Mr Perez has already paid it.

It wasn't until a couple of months later I put on MTV and saw a Jennifer Lopez video and this guy was performing with her, turns out it was the rapper PITBULL.

I had never heard of him before
  • Options
    housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    Judi Dench popped into my local Starbucks recently, I think she was with her daughter. She queued as normal and bought a large round of drinks. Based on their facial expressions, I think everybody recognised her (definitely a few awestruck) but she was left in peace, was very polite and courteous to the barista and left in a waiting car.

Her brother Jeffery lives by us seen her a few times
  • Options
    wackywwackyw Posts: 1,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a coffee shop, but a pub in Alpe D'Huez. A few pints with olympic skier and BBC presenter Graham Bell. Nice bloke. Even overlooked the fact I didn't recognize him, the question "are you a good skier then?" was on my lips before I was mercifully interrupted.
  • Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a pint with Inspector Burnside

We met DI Burnside in a pub in Sussex once.

Arthur "God of Hellfire" Brown lives near me and we got chatting when he was at the next table in the pub. (He's very nice, and didn't set fire to anything at all)

We see Mark Williams quite a bit. He always stops to say hello to my dogs. We're not sure if he lives in town, or in the nearby village where we first met him.
  • Options
    Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never heard of him and wouldn't recognise him if I fell over him!

Craig from Big Brother 1 once sat at the next table to me in Costa.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    rory mcgrath used to come through my bar fairly regularly, he`s got a bit of a rep for being rude round and about but i always found him ok.

edit: though this is cambridge, where rude is a lifestyle.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few years ago I was on an InterCity train sitting opposite a middle aged woman.

Every few minutes someone would come up to her to ask for her autograph. Eventually she asked me if I'd like her autograph.

Me: "I'm sorry, I haven't a clue who you are."
    Her: "Well, I play xxxx in Coronation Street."
    Me: "Sorry. Never watch it. I don't watch any of the soaps"
    Her: "Well you must have seen me in the papers."
    Me: "Sorry, I don't read those kind of papers."
    Her: "Humpf"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    A few years ago I was on an InterCity train sitting opposite a middle aged woman.

Every few minutes someone would come up to her to ask for her autograph. Eventually she asked me if I'd like her autograph.

Me: "I'm sorry, I haven't a clue who you are."
    Her: "Well, I play xxxx in Coronation Street."
    Me: "Sorry. Never watch it. I don't watch any of the soaps"
    Her: "Well you must have seen me in the papers."
    Me: "Sorry, I don't read those kind of papers."
    Her: "Humpf"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

who was it??????
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rory mcgrath used to come through my bar fairly regularly, he`s got a bit of a rep for being rude round and about but i always found him ok.

edit: though this is cambridge, where rude is a lifestyle.

Well you can hardly go out for a beer in Cambridge without stumbling over Rory McGrath but he's always been OK whenever I've seen him. Gets a bit loud when drunk but no worse than most of the city's residents.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

who was it??????

I have no idea. Both her real name and character's name meant nothing to me. Both were instantly forgettable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    I have no idea. Both her real name and character's name meant nothing to me. Both were instantly forgettable.

what if i arrange a few mugshots? might that help?

i really want to know now:D
  • Options
    x_malibubabex_malibubabe Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to work in Costa and served loads of celebs and zelebs. Alan Titchmarsh was a bit arrogant, expecting me to bring his food right to the other end of the place, which wasn't even costa seating!

Hugh Dennis, Matthew Kelly, Chris o'dowd, Kelly brook and her entourage (she looked very very different without make up!), sting was in the vicinity once but I didn't see him, rizzle kicks were nice guys, but I got a bit excited and messed one of their coffees up, I heard him say it was disgusting lol :o

Plenty of premiership footballers too but I didn't know who half of them were, the boys got very excited though.