Options

The Following - Season 2

Comments

• Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    thank god for that because i have a feeling we're going to see them making out.

They can use CGI to make that happen if you want. :)
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    oilcat wrote: »
    Creepy twins are played by one actor!!
    :o

I liked Heather.;-)

Great start to the new season - but how long is the Hot Niece going to last....I did like the Hobby Room of Ryan's.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope we see more of Mike in the upcoming episodes. They said he was going to have a bigger part...
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    My candidates for Followership

The British girl who was speaking at Ryan's AA meeting
    Ryan's AA sponsor
    Ryan's niece's boyfriend

Also a long shot:

Ryan's niece

I'm thinking that the Twins and French Girl are just Follower wannabes
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As someone who gets the train and tube twice a day every week day, that scene freaked me out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so confused that they killed Claire - the last I read was that the writers and Natalie Zea wanted her killed off, that they just didn't think it was credible for her to survive and she'd be too screwed up if she did. But the network bosses insisted the character stayed and the writers had to change their plan. It was also announced that Natalie Zea had confirmed her return. Not having heard anything else, I can only assume that Claire is not actually dead (unlikely) or that there will be flashbacks involving her character.
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    flagpole wrote: »
    thank god for that because i have a feeling we're going to see them making out.
    They can use CGI to make that happen if you want. :)

i wasn't indicating a preference. just saying i thought that was what was going to happen.
  • Options
    darnelledarnelle Posts: 9,116
    Forum Member
    Surprised this got a s2 the first was terrible IMHO and a waste of James purefoy
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first episode of the first season was awesome. By episode 5 it was starting to fall apart, by the end it was just ridiculous.

I hope they can improve things this season but if they go the same way they did last year I hope this will be the last. The promise it showed was never actually delivered.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with the neices boyfriend maybe being involved I the following.

Ive also got a suspicion that Joe caroll will help out ryan in some way., he maybe feels angry that someone is blackening his legacy. .

Not many people woild expect it and also ryan seems to be hiding some stress and pain so coukd keep joe safe under duress
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's really good for the show that Ryan is pretending not to care about it all. It's a defence mechanism. It will be interesting to see how Mike suffers from not being able to talk to him. It's been said a lot in interviews that what Mike suffered last Season is nothing compared to what he is going to suffer this Season....I can't wait to see what that is as it will give Mike some decent screen time!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I think it's really good for the show that Ryan is pretending not to care about it all. It's a defence mechanism. It will be interesting to see how Mike suffers from not being able to talk to him. It's been said a lot in interviews that what Mike suffered last Season is nothing compared to what he is going to suffer this Season....I can't wait to see what that is as it will give Mike some decent screen time!!!!

I don't want to see the heroes constantly lose and suffer, I want my heroes heroic but flawed and my villains twisted but likable, even if they are treated as the heroes at times. Having Mike as the human pin cushion does not make me salivate, it makes me think "didn't you beat that horse to death enough last year? How dumb is this guy?"

It is why Dexter worked so well for the first 4 seasons. It is why The Blacklist is such a breakout hit. It's why Hannibal's role reversal worked. It's why The Americans has been successful. It's why the moral conflicts but grey professional ethics of The Good Wife keep things interesting. It's why True Detective is so compelling. It is why Breaking Bad will go down as one of the greatest series of all time. It is why people overlook the occasional dodgy storyline on Sons of Anarchy. It is why Damages hung in there. It is why House Of Lies is still going. Same for Justified, Raylan Givens the sharp shooter who wants justice even if he doesn't abide by the law he practices all the time is still going too.

With that kind of competition out there, The Following needs to step up and make the most of it's cast or just end the embarrassment. When you have Hannibal, The Blacklist and True Detective all very much in the same vein to a degree, the compelling and charismatic killer toying with the authorities who have their own weaknesses, and other top tier shows with great ensemble casts on the air, it makes The Following look even worse when it fails to live up to the promise it showed to begin with. When a bisexual love triangle and unbelievable twists are getting more attention than the actual lead storyline, it just grates. They are meant to be pawns in the chess game between Joe and Ryan, not the focus. I still can't believe they actually got away from the country house in the first season when there was meant to be a full FBI perimeter blockade.

I honestly wouldn't blame Natalie Zea for going back to Justified and minimising her role on The Following because the pilot was far superior to the full series that followed in my view.
  • Options
    LucyyculLucyycul Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed ep 1. Agree S1 became too stupid but hopefully this one will stay on track. First episode was very good. Glad they are keepying Ryan away fomr the FBI for now as it was the FBI that were the problem last year so fingers crosed they will feature less. Liked the new followers the twins were creepy!!! and I really enjoy trying to pick out who the followers are out of the 'normal' characters' could be anyone!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucyycul wrote: »
    I really enjoyed ep 1. Agree S1 became too stupid but hopefully this one will stay on track. First episode was very good. Glad they are keepying Ryan away fomr the FBI for now as it was the FBI that were the problem last year so fingers crosed they will feature less. Liked the new followers the twins were creepy!!! and I really enjoy trying to pick out who the followers are out of the 'normal' characters' could be anyone!!!

I think in a way that is half the problem, after we got so used to the random twists and character reveals last season (Ryan's long term girlfriend has been making sex tapes for Joe Caroll to watch of them for the last 3 years! The cops are in on it too! Not just this woman, but this guy too!) the focus is not on the story as much as it is "who will be the unlikely revealed psycho this week?" The Blacklist at least does the Columbo version where they more or less reveal who it is since Red knows and the intrigue is in how the two other leads figure it out.

Kevin Bacon, James Purefoy, Sean Ashmore and Natalie Zea are capable of doing much more, I hope the material is better suited to exploiting their considerable talents rather than being as cheesy as it became last year. I find the interplay between Boyd Crowder/Raylan Givens, Will Graham/Hannibal Lecter, Red Reddington/Agents Keen and Ressler and Marty/Monica/Jeannie/The Rainmaker all more compelling. The fizzling out of The Mentalist/Red John just put me off that series entirely. Now, True Detective is taking things up to an even higher level with serious A list talent and fantastic production all round. So given they do have four top talents on The Following, I really hope they can use them as well as these other shows otherwise it is a real wasted opportunity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This series is amazin. Loved the first 2 episode. ..loved them.

The twins are evil little to rags. And carol is back to his old ways...... his weird new family life? Scary as hhell.
    .this is gunna be so much better than season 1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This series is amazin. Loved the first 2 episode. ..loved them.

The twins are evil little to rags. And carol is back to his old ways...... his weird new family life? Scary as hhell.
    .this is gunna be so much better than season 1

The ratings deficit between the first and second episodes suggest that many were willing to give the second season a try but are already abandoning it. Which is a shame because this show did have a lot of promise. I think both it and Agents of SHIELD are unlikely to get greenlighted for new seasons.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was an OK episode. It got better as it went along as I was getting bored of watching Joe watch TV! It's a shame Ryan's niece and Mike aren't being used a lot at the moment - especially Mike! I wonder what is going to get Mike and Ryan talking again?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ratings deficit between the first and second episodes suggest that many were willing to give the second season a try but are already abandoning it. Which is a shame because this show did have a lot of promise. I think both it and Agents of SHIELD are unlikely to get greenlighted for new seasons.

Thats annoying as its getting so much better. Agents of shield is good but its just bad man of the Week.

Really hope it grts renewed
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Brilliant second episode with the Twins and the Dinner.

But the Art Dealer Lily - being protected by the FBI, didn't she see the first season.:o

The Rev - ahh, but Joe's sidekick Mandy, is a quick learner.:cool:

And does Carlos know how much danger he is in....Emma has to safe him, soon.;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was anyone else shocked that someone actually SURVIVED an attack?!!
  • Options
    _Ash__Ash_ Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Having just watched the first 2 episodes of series 2 I'm shocked that Ryan is still feckin incompetent. SHOOT them moron, ask questions later....ARRGGGHHHH!
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I think the Art Dealer is a plant and was injured on purpose so that she could get close to Ryan.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the Art Dealer is a plant and was injured on purpose so that she could get close to Ryan.

At least I wasn't the only person to think that!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    At least I wasn't the only person to think that!!

Ah yes very true! I hadn't thought of that :o
  • Options
    ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the second episode. The twins remind me of the brothers from the film Funny Games, which I also love.
    The friendship between Joe and the girl is pretty interesting too. We just need team Ryan and Mike back together!