Options

Iain Lee

GuineveretooGuineveretoo Posts: 2,711
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have just watched the final and BOTS on +1, and have realised that I was right not get into it this year. It is badly produced and scripted, and Emma Willis, although I really like her, is just not good at dealing with the live interviews. Rylan is actually getting worse - I warmed to him a bit last time - and can't sing at all, it would seem. And what on earth is going on with his teeth? Awful.

I am glad that Jim Davidson won, but only because he was one of the very few people in there I have heard of, and the rest seemed mostly to be foul.

The only good thing about the whole thing is Iain Lee and I hope he gets a more dominant role next time.

Comments

• Options
    Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I made the choice of not watching BOTS at all this year and can honestly say I didn't miss it.
    Iain is a good presenter though.
    I'd love it if they brought back Big Brothers Big Ears radio show with Iain at the helm again :)
  • Options
    jobieladjobielad Posts: 4,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like ian Lee - he is particularly good on the season finale of Made in Chelsea and pulls no punches with his interviews.
  • Options
    sweetie939sweetie939 Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    The thought had crossed my mind that they might ask carol mcgiffin to do something, she has been appearing a lot. She was on loose women but wasn't the main presenter as such. To be fair to Ryan that's his first presenting job.
  • Options
    GuineveretooGuineveretoo Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is witty and intelligent. And can be very funny. I first came across him on the Lost fan programmes, and thought he was brilliant. I would be surprised if he is a genuine fan of Big Brother, but he is clever enough and detached enough to be really good when discussing it.
  • Options
    HectorMcClureHectorMcClure Posts: 1,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iain Lee is the worst thing about the show.

A person who tries so very hard to be funny but fails miserably. That's why he now finds himself having to take a Rylan support role. The work has dried up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is witty and intelligent. And can be very funny. I first came across him on the Lost fan programmes, and thought he was brilliant. I would be surprised if he is a genuine fan of Big Brother, but he is clever enough and detached enough to be really good when discussing it.

He's well known as being a big fan of BB, he had slots on BBLB regularly back in the Dermot O'Leary days. I like him and think he and Rylan make quite a good team, FAR better than most of the combinations they have had over the years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to agree with the OP about Ian Lee i think he is a good addition to the show i also think they should hire him full time along side Rylan on bots during the week.

I find him hilarious now cant help laughing when hes on tv like when he was on a sky news morning program this month trying to be serious and keeping a straight face lol he made a comment about police not doing their job with stopping people using mobile phones and driving and the sky presenter didn't seem to agree with the comment which was comical.

I think Rylan is actually getting better it was a good move that they axed AJ Odudu i didn't think she was very good and her voice being squeaky grated on me a bit.
  • Options
    mashedpotatoesmashedpotatoes Posts: 4,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see Iain replace Rylan.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jobielad wrote: »
    I quite like ian Lee - he is particularly good on the season finale of Made in Chelsea and pulls no punches with his interviews.

Rick Edwards hosts MIC wrap up show
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I wouldn't, I like both of them, Rylan is very good with the audience and Iain is very good at pricking the balloons of the so called experts when they get too stupid, I think they make a great team. The only criticism I would have of Iain is that, on the odd occasion, he can go a bit over the top in the nasty stakes, but he's not been as bad with that over this series. So my vote is to keep them both as a team.
  • Options
    annies1annies1 Posts: 831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its the first year I have enjoyed BOTS and throughly enjoyed the main show - I didn't find anyone 'foul' as the op states....I just found it all thourghly entertaining.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iain Lee's great on it.

He should front it. Sooooo funny. sez it ow it is.

Just don't get why they have Rylan? Just don't see it.

All I see is those teeth :D
  • Options
    Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Rylan does a pretty good job and Emma is about a million times better that the useless wooden Brian Dowling. I dont think we need Carole Mcgiffin next time though.
  • Options
    NorfolkPoppyNorfolkPoppy Posts: 5,688
    Forum Member
    Rick Edwards hosts MIC wrap up show

Now there's a funny bloke.

I love watching him on Tool Academy.
  • Options
    Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember clearly that Iain Lee used to be quite disparaging about BB, when he had a slot on LBC radio.

In those days, he was an occasional panelist, saying that his appearances were purely fee orientated. He never watched the Show & relied on the researchers for his info & angle.

I haven't followed his career - presumably, the radio work has dried up !

I like him on the Show - he is not a sycophant & doesn't do the lovey sucking up, which is so rife with other presenters.
  • Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember clearly that Iain Lee used to be quite disparaging about BB, when he had a slot on LBC radio.

In those days, he was an occasional panelist, saying that his appearances were purely fee orientated. He never watched the Show & relied on the researchers for his info & angle.

I haven't followed his career - presumably, the radio work has dried up !

I like him on the Show - he is not a sycophant & doesn't do the lovey sucking up, which is so rife with other presenters.

I think LBC is the kind of radio station where Iain Lee had to say stuff like that, else he wouldn't have got any work at all on there .. :)

Iain's good on the show, as is Carole McGiffen but I don't think either of them would want the role of a full-time presenter, there are plenty of better opportunities for both of them.
  • Options
    DingbattsDingbatts Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So would I. it would be like replacing Lorraine on Daybreak with John Humphreys. :)
  • Options
    Iain leeIain lee Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    Dingbatts wrote: »
    So would I. it would be like replacing Lorraine on Daybreak with John Humphreys. :)

Thanks for all your kind words. And even your not so kind words.

I have thoroughly enjoyed myself on BBOTS this time, really has been a lot of fun. Who knows what will happen in the summer?

Iain

PS did anybody notice that Emma didn't make it back from the house in time for the start of the last BBOTS and I had to fill in with seconds to spare?
  • Options
    DingbattsDingbatts Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iain lee wrote: »

I have thoroughly enjoyed myself on BBOTS this time, really has been a lot of fun. Who knows what will happen in the summer?

Iain

PS did anybody notice that Emma didn't make it back from the house in time for the start of the last BBOTS and I had to fill in with seconds to spare?

No. She wasn't missed. Hope you get more air time Iain.
  • Options
    2la2la Posts: 4,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always liked Iain Lee and I thought most people on here did too. But on Bbots he said no one one here liked him? Though he was right about Rylan, I'm not keen in him.
  • Options
    changachanga Posts: 11,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Iain is the best of the presenters. Happy to speak his mind, opinionated, funny and clearly a fan of the show.

I'd like to see his role increased too.
  • Options
    Janet_HadfieldJanet_Hadfield Posts: 1,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iain lee wrote: »

Iain

ha ha ha, I didn't realise that you weren't meant to be in the first segment. You did a good job and thanks for saying you liked Jim on Saturdays Bit on the Psych.
  • Options
    Iggy's BoyIggy's Boy Posts: 3,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Iain! He always makes me laugh. He makes an excellent double act with Rylan too. Long may he continue on the show.
  • Options
    BluestoneBluestone Posts: 2,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iggy's Boy wrote: »
    Love Iain! He always makes me laugh. He makes an excellent double act with Rylan too. Long may he continue on the show.

Me too, but I actually think he unintentionally outshines Rylan.
    Behind his sharp wit and funnies he is often the voice of reason.
    As a double act I did prefer him with AJ and I guess I find it works better to have a man and female double act.

For me Russell brand was an amazing bbbots presenter and Iain is as close to that as they come.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,684
    Forum Member
    Normally like Iain but he rarely made me laugh this series. He's better on the radio I think.

I'd like to see Rylan replaced in the summer but it won't happen. Alice and Jamie were by far Emma's best co-presenters to date.