Options

Eastenders - 30/01/14 - Poppy's revenge

Comments

• Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    Loved tonights episode. It felt very EastEnders.
    A number of scenes playing out,Fast paced and depressing.

The scenes with Linda Henry and Danny Dyer were fantastic.
    That scene was really well done and Danny has impressed me in EastEnders.

That Sonia scene was quite good. She sure shut Tina up :D

David and Carol just have that spark and if Mas tries to Kiss her again I will run around to Albert Square myself and smash him over the head with a Brick. Get the message 'SHE DOESN'T WANT YOU FFS'

Linda and Mick have such a great marriage and I hope EastEnders keeps that going for years to come. I got the feeling they will win best partnership at the Soap awards.

Poppy and Fatboy :o Loved their scenes tonight. Both great actors I reckon and both very much underused. Both deserve/d something decent.

That wasn't a bad exit at all.

9/10 through it was a very strong episode that saw the half hour fly by for me.

Looking forward to seeing Annette Badland as Babe tomorrow :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    She's been mentioned on the show a few times now and as I have previously stated, EE still has a smaller cast than Corrie and Emmerdale.
    They do....I don't think Hollyoaks cast is (well was much smaller until they had their weekly deaths) but with Bigger and Newer sets coming EastEnders will have a bigger cast there is no doubt about that one.
  • Options
    bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,841
    Forum Member
    Again, it's a shame that they use a character's final episode to finally show the potential of the actor. Poppy was great tonight and in another era she would have been served well.

I really liked the scene with Shirley and Mick. UI think EE are trying to humanise Shirley and redeem her a bit, making way for her to become a new Pat figure in the square.

Pat and Peggy = Shirley and Sharon!
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to seeing Eastenders clean up at the BSAs. LOL
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish he did.

Denise is a terrible character.

:eek::eek::eek:

Completely disgaree! I love Denise!

Despite this SL with Fatboy letting her down. Thankfully it seems it won't be continuing.
  • Options
    ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,398
    Forum Member
    She's right tho. Why is Poppy throwing a strop about her sleeping with Fatboy before they even got together?

I agree about that bit, but then telling poppy to "grow up" because she called Denise out on snogging fatboy at the engagement party when he was,very much with poppy.. if she tried that line with any woman I know,she would be nursing a,broken nose :D
  • Options
    KellerKeller Posts: 5,970
    Forum Member
    The Carters were the stars of the show again for me, loved their scenes but disagree with Mick and Linda giving into Shirley, it just seems like a messy situation now with three names above the door. The boundaries were clear before, it was a family pub for Mick and Linda and their kids, now the lines are blurred. Shirley needs to get rid of her insecurities and grow up, that's coming from someone who actually likes her.

I like the direction they took with Nancy's epilepsy, I was expecting it to be a big shock for everyone and a new storyline for the next week or two but the writers have chosen it to be just another part of her character and the family already know how to deal with it, we're still finding out what makes the Carters tick and I like that. Love that chat Nancy and Mick had on the sofa, felt very real.

Sonia fits back into the square really well, loved seeing her just working in the cafe and telling Tina where to go when she tried it on! Carol and David are great but they seem to be going around in circles a little bit, "let me take care of you" "no David I'm fine" ect. hopefully it moves on a bit next week.

Masood's storyline is boring me already, I find Tamwar unbearable to watch now with his constant miserable face and moping about the Square. Masood feeling sorry for himself just adds to the misery and neither actor pull it off particularly well, don't like the new Shabnam much either so this family have had their day for me.

Sad to see Poppy go and Fatboy stay, I'd rather they both left! Leaving the letter for Ian will hopefully lead to Ian and Denise breaking up, nobody believed in that relationship.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to seeing Eastenders clean up at the BSAs. LOL
    They are May so they stand a very good chance.

Best Actress is a given....Lacey Turner to grab her 30th+ Award:D
    Best Partnership
    Best Newcomer-Danny Dyer.

Corrie can have best comedy and Best Exit
    Hollyoaks and Emmerdale can fight for the stunt award seeing as they both have about 50 to put forward.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Enjoyed that, such a busy episode.

I'm glad that Mick took Linda's side and that it was her decision in the end. I thought it was a big ask TBH. Mick and Shirley have a fantastic relationship.

Loved Nancy's scenes, she's becoming quite a favourite of mine. She's even improved Dexter.

Masood is making me feel uncomfortable now. All this because Carol dumped him.

Poppy got a decent exit. I thought Denise was harsh, nice bit of revenge at the end.:D

Looking forward to Aunt Babe.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »

Best Partnership

I'm not sure who EE will put up for Best Newcomer. I think it'll be between Danny Dyer and Sam Strike.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member

Best Partnership

Corrie can have best comedy and Best Exit
    Hollyoaks and Emmerdale can fight for the stunt award seeing as they both have about 50 to put forward.

Lmao. :D so true.
  • Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The scenes with Linda Henry and Danny Dyer were fantastic.
    That scene was really well done and Danny has impressed me in EastEnders.

David and Carol just have that spark and if Mas tries to Kiss her again I will run around to Albert Square myself and smash him over the head with a Brick. Get the message 'SHE DOESN'T WANT YOU FFS'

Poppy and Fatboy :o Loved their scenes tonight. Both great actors I reckon and both very much underused. Both deserve/d something decent.

This [yes, even I agree with you that Mas was embarrassing there].

The reason Poppy gave for leaving was stupid, though. Liked the revenge bit [though I swear that wasn't Ian's house?]
  • Options
    ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,398
    Forum Member
    Wasn't he one of the E20 lot and had a van?

Yep a bunch of friends.. and a guy with a van :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I'm not sure who EE will put up for Best Newcomer. I think it'll be between Danny Dyer and Sam Strike.
    Possibly. I don't think Danny Dyer will have any trouble getting votes. He really does have a big fanbase of his own.
    He has a twitter trend every day EastEnders airs too.
    xTonix wrote: »
    [/B]

Lmao. :D so true.
    It is...I think both have a couple more coming too.
    Dan-Bevis wrote: »
    This [yes, even I agree with you that Mas was embarrassing there].

The reason Poppy gave for leaving was stupid, though. Liked the revenge bit [though I swear that was't Ian's house?]
    It was Ian's come on how long you been watching EastEnders now Dan?
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seeing as Aunt Babe comes soon though... ;):D

Oh didn't no she was coming back :blush:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She got a better exit than Krusty :)

I say give her a red button special

Poppy Unplugged :D
  • Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was Ian's come on how long you been watching EastEnders now Dan?

It just looked like any other house on the square [because Ian's front door is enclosed by that fence].

The camera usually follows a character through the fence door, so it 'looked' wrong to me meguess.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh didn't no she was coming back :blush:

:o:o

Are you from the future Ice Dragon? Babe hasnt been in it yet! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :o:o

Are you from the future Ice Dragon? Babe hasnt been in it yet! :D

Lool ok this is going to sound really stupid for sec I actually thought you guys where on about Aunt Sal god knows why :blush::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Klendathu Post and let us know your ok and haven't done something stupid.
    EastEnders isn't real and In fact neither is Poppy. She really is a Man that's a Plumber with a 10 inch Screwdriver.

Sorry you had to know one way or another.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    klendathu wrote: »
    She got a better exit than Krusty :)

I say give her a red button special

Poppy Unplugged :D

I liked Kirsty's exit.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Possibly. I don't think Danny Dyer will have any trouble getting votes. He really does have a big fanbase of his own.
    He has a twitter trend every day EastEnders airs too.

Yeh. Is Best Newcomer voted for by the public?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Klendathu Post and let us know your ok and haven't done something stupid.
    EastEnders isn't real and In fact neither is Poppy. She really is a Man that's a Plumber with a 10 inch Screwdriver.

Sorry you had to know one way or another.

Wait wait wait Dan.

So what you're saying is that this girl isn't real, and that she is merely a character being played by an actress? :eek:

My world has come crashing down :D
  • Options
    SalomeSalome Posts: 816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surprisingly dramatic and convincing exit for Poppy but glad to see her go. I always had a problem with fairytale creatures a la Poppy and Honey who provide light entertainment.
    Mick's scenes stood out for me. It is unusual to see such an intimate and natural scene between father and daughter, and the emotional intensity in his exchange with Shirley was really moving.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,329
    Forum Member
    Salome wrote: »
    Surprisingly dramatic and convincing exit for Poppy but glad to see her go. I always had a problem with fairytale creatures a la Poppy and Honey who provide light entertainment.
    Mick's scenes stood out for me. It is unusual to see such an intimate and natural scene between father and daughter, and the emotional intensity in his exchange with Shirley was really moving.

Same here, I did think Linda would be going down the route, but she;s a much more stronger character.