• Options
    Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    Richard's mum is lovely :D
  • Options
    eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richard's mum is a star...a lovely lady in every way.
  • Options
    eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Galaxy266 wrote: »
    Richard's mum is lovely :D

Isn't she just! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No where to park, so just park in a bush!
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    phill363 wrote: »
    They always do really interesting things for first dates on this surly know ones been to Madame Tussauds on a first date before.

Oh people do all sorts on dates, depends on the type of people involved really.
    Might be more likely to call it 'hanging out' or something of that sort rather than a date.
    Can't say I know anyone who uses the term date anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Famous last words there Richards Mom
  • Options
    Forum Member
    manued2009 wrote: »
    No where to park, so just park in a bush!

I turned round then, did we get to see him get out of the car, before he had a swearing session?
  • Options
    SapphicGrrlSapphicGrrl Posts: 3,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I think many of these parents are far too pushy - it must be very pressurising for their children. I think Richard's mum should lighten up just a tad - she's not helping his anxiety imho. (They come over as a bit desperate - the parents, not the children!)
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's showing off the guns again!
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Certainly beats that time when some guy decided to take me to the park. :p

Yeah least its indoors and not a cheap date :D
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally I think many of these parents are far too pushy - it must be very pressurising for their children. I think Richard's mum should lighten up just a tad - she's not helping his anxiety imho. (They come over as a bit desperate - the parents, not the children!)
    I must admit, I thought that about Richard's mum too. That comment about him messing up - right in front of him - wouldn't do much to anyone who's already nervous and had been let down twice already.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Certainly beats that time when some guy decided to take me to the park. :p

Did he splash out on a Mars bar and a bottle of Panda pop picnic?
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Disturbed wrote: »
    Programs like these are basically a kick in the teeth for any 'normal' blokes out there after the same thing. Sucks if you're single for many years and these retards are just tripping over dates.

Get yourself out there then.

Are you signing up to agencies? Going speed dating?
  • Options
    TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    They always do really interesting things for first dates on this surly know ones been to Madame Tussauds on a first date before.
    It's possibly because they are not great communicators so rather than have them sit nervously looking around the room they have them do something. Blind dates must be bad enough let alone when you have a learning disorder.
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did he splash out on a Mars bar and a bottle of Panda pop picnic?

Not even that! He may as well have put a leash round my neck.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hang on, why's the pressure on the blokes a lot of the time to do all the bunnying?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hang on, why's the pressure on the blokes a lot of the time to do all the bunnying?

bunnying?
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahhh yes Shaine! :)
  • Options
    SapphicGrrlSapphicGrrl Posts: 3,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This 'mild learning difficulties' description seems to cover a huge range of mental ability - it confuses me rather. Some people featured have obvious problems, but looking at Richard's date & the pretty black girl, I can't actually detect anything wrong? :confused: Are there any mental health professionals here who might be able to define what 'mild learning difficulties' actually means - where do they start and finish, as it were? (Shane seems OK too.)
  • Options
    gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm the mother of an Aspergers man, who is married incidentally, and I can understand Richard's mum. I'm sure she just wants to see him happily settled.

It's very worrying to be the parent getting older, all you want is for your child to be happy, and I'm sure she feels that she's helping him rather than being pushy.
  • Options
    Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    gillypanda wrote: »
    I'm the mother of an Aspergers man, who is married incidentally, and I can understand Richard's mum. I'm sure she just wants to see him happily settled.

It's very worrying to be the parent getting older, all you want is for your child to be happy, and I'm sure she feels that she's helping him rather than being pushy.

Yes, I agree.

Richard's mum always comes over as being very supportive, to me.
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    You again, we don't want to talk about you, go start your own thread instead of trying to infect this one with your 'act'

Anyway back to the res with Justin speed dating.
    Edit:
    Bugger, Justin doing better a the speed dating than I ever would.
    Then again, I'm well out of all this caper getting webbed up with women.
    Nice to see others getting what they want though.

I think Justin was so brave going to that speed dating event. All of them are so lovely, but Shane is my favourite.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ænima wrote: »
    bunnying?

Talking, it's a slang term.

I missed the first half hour, so I'm over on +1 now.

I'm getting old and soft and want to see happy stories.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Talking, it's a slang term.

I missed the first half hour, so I'm over on +1 now.

I'm getting old and soft and want to see happy stories.

Never heard that one before :p
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This 'mild learning difficulties' description seems to cover a huge range of mental ability - it confuses me rather. Some people featured have obvious problems, but looking at Richard's date & the pretty black girl, I can't actually detect anything wrong? :confused: Are there any mental health professionals here who might be able to define what 'mild learning difficulties' actually means - where do they start and finish, as it were? (Shane seems OK too.)[/

The people on this prog have learning difficulties not mental health problems.