Options

Scotland allows gay marriage!

Comments

• Options
    Dare DevilDare Devil Posts: 118,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The big pothole outside my house not being fixed since last winter is much more important to my life than whether a Gay can marry another Gay in a church.
    I'd rather the Scottish parliament debate whether to release more revenue to Local Authorities that waste time on such piffling inanities as Gay Marraige.

Some of us live in the real world, some of us don't even know a Gay .
    :kitty: mew

Any reason behind the capitalisation of the word gay?

What's important to you, isn't to others and vice versa.

Do you not think equality and equal oppurtunities is important?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dare Devil wrote: »
    Any reason behind the capitalisation of the word gay?

What's important to you, isn't to others and vice versa.

Do you not think equality and equal oppurtunities is important?

I don't think he does.
  • Options
    Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    The big pothole outside my house not being fixed since last winter is much more important to my life than whether a Gay can marry another Gay in a church.
    I'd rather the Scottish parliament debate whether to release more revenue to Local Authorities that waste time on such piffling inanities as Gay Marraige.

I am sorry the Scottish parliament has not got round to debating your pot hole yet, perhaps that is something you should bring up with your local council as it's them that will fix it.

The Scottish Government has a budget debate every year which local government spending would be included.

I am also sorry that you don't know any gay people, perhaps you should get out more, we can be a nice bunch of people. I, like you like to live in the real world and know many gay people, some of whom would like the same rights as other people in society.

Thank You to all the MSP's that will vote this through, it's about time.
  • Options
    Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,657
    Forum Member
    I don't think Archie is being serious.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul237 wrote: »

I think he could very well be.
  • Options
    davidmcndavidmcn Posts: 12,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul237 wrote: »
    maurice45 wrote: »
    I think he could very well be.

I just hope he gets his hole filled soon.
  • Options
    Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    davidmcn wrote: »

OOOooooooooooooooooooo Matron! :D
  • Options
    Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maxatoria wrote: »
    I sense the divorce lawyers getting ready for a bumper crop of work in a few years

lol such cynicism:D
  • Options
    grantus_maxgrantus_max Posts: 2,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"The Gays" are all around you Archie.

They've been gathering outside the front of your house in the dead of night digging potholes as part of their current campaign to really piss off Archie Duke.
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Next up: same sex adoption.
  • Options
    KittyKreamKittyKream Posts: 4,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cjsmummy wrote: »
    I let out a wee "Yay!" when I heard it on the news earlier.:)

It is very good news :)

Tbh I assumed it was already legal in Scotland :blush:

Is gay marriage legal in Wales?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davidmcn wrote: »

:confused:

:o
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You may not know they are gay because they have the sense not to tell you :D
  • Options
    GoldengayerGoldengayer Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    floog wrote: »
    When all gay men in sham straight marriages decide to face up to who they really are and marry someone they truly love.:)

No gay women in sham marriages are there dear.
  • Options
    Archie DukeArchie Duke Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    You may not know they are gay because they have the sense not to tell you :D

Maybe, but I watch C4 and Daytime Tv, I think I can spot a Gay when I see one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No gay women in sham marriages are there dear.

Not as many,no.
  • Options
    leicslad46leicslad46 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gays should NEVER EVER be allowed to marry in a church. It is totally wrong that gay marriage has shot up the political agenda but that is due to labour having the mandate back in the nineties to force it through. It is really sad that labour chose to railroad this through parliament as a result of their triple digit majority.
  • Options
    davidmcndavidmcn Posts: 12,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    leicslad46 wrote: »
    It is really sad that labour chose to railroad this through parliament as a result of their triple digit majority.

Eh? We're talking about same-sex marriage being passed by the Scottish Parliament (supported by the leadership of every parliamentary party). I'm not sure what vote you think you're talking about.
  • Options
    MartenMarten Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantastic news this! A clear victory for common sense, equality, justice and democracy in Scotland. Good news this.

And this "there are other priorities" nonsense is getting boring. The vast majority of political decisions never even reaches the news as they are seen as so minor. I wouldn't be surprised if less than 10% of political decisions in Westminster/Holyrood etc. actually reach the media for more than just a side note in a page deep inside some newspapers.
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to hear some good news for a change - excellent! :)
  • Options
    MartenMarten Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gays should NEVER EVER be allowed to marry in a church.

Certainly the churches themselves should have the choice whether or not to marry them? Some Christian groups actually do agree with equal marriage. It's only right if they can opt in. Churches that don't want to do it, don't have to, very simple.
  • Options
    KidMoeKidMoe Posts: 5,851
    Forum Member
    Gays should NEVER EVER be allowed to marry in a church. It is totally wrong that gay marriage has shot up the political agenda but that is due to labour having the mandate back in the nineties to force it through. It is really sad that labour chose to railroad this through parliament as a result of their triple digit majority.

So much wrong, so little time.
  • Options
    FaithyHFaithyH Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1fab wrote: »
    Nice to hear some good news for a change - excellent! :)

I agree. Doom and gloom everywhere, this is great.
  • Options
    marjanglesmarjangles Posts: 9,745
    Forum Member

What if the church wants to allow gay people to marry there, like the Quakers and the Unitarians, why shouldn't they be allowed to hold weddings for gay couples in their churches? Freedom of religion right?

Why is wrong that gay marriage has shot up the agenda?

You do realise that Labour is not in government either in Scotland or in England and Wales at the moment right? Same sex marriage was passed in England and Wales under a Coalition between the Tories and Lib Dems and in Scotland under an SNP government. Labour had the opportunity to introduce same sex marriage in the early 2000's but chickened out and opted for civil partnerships instead.

Same sex marriage has evolved as an issue worldwide since the Netherlands introduced it in 2001, I'm pretty sure Labour had nothing to do with that either.
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If this is some kind of joke, it's extremely offensive. If not, it's extremely ignorant.