Options

Boy, six, suspended from school for 4 days after eatting Mini Cheddars

Comments

• Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flower 2 wrote: »
    What, like smuggling in Mini Cheddars into your daughters packed lunch box?

Then make a massive, stupid fuss and go to the papers.

That'll work:o:D

Loads of people will think you're perfectly GREAT for doing it an' all, and pat you on the back.
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »
    How old? Make sure you read the admissions policy of each school thoroughly before you put your choices, choose the best one that she fits. Don't go for one out of the area that she would have no chance of getting in, it's a big mistake people make when putting their choices down. I may be teaching you to suck eggs, my apols if so :D

Shes just turned 7, unfortunately the school she goes to only goes up to Y2, a lovely small school with only 15 pupils in her class, they have applied to be a junior school, but sadly don't thing it is going to happen.

We have a few schools in the area that aren't to far away, first choice would be nice (but don't think she will get in that one, as it's very popular), the more I think about I would be very happy with either the second or third choices, the third choice been the one I went to when I was her age, it wasn't doing very well a couple of years ago, but apparently it's got a new Head, and it's improving all the time. The 4th is also a very good school, but is the furthest away, not really a problem though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No Mini Cheddars was so last week, I wonder what about ritz cheese crackers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    Shes just turned 7, unfortunately the school she goes to only goes up to Y2, a lovely small school with only 15 pupils in her class, they have applied to be a junior school, but sadly don't thing it is going to happen.

We have a few schools in the area that aren't to far away, first choice would be nice (but don't think she will get in that one, as it's very popular), the more I think about I would be very happy with either the second or third choices, the third choice been the one I went to when I was her age, it wasn't doing very well a couple of years ago, but apparently it's got a new Head, and it's improving all the time. The 4th is also a very good school, but is the furthest away, not really a problem though.

Have a look at the Ofsted reports and go and have a look at the schools. Most (that aren't in special measures) are fine, school workers of every type generally care and try very hard for the kids.
  • Options
    flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Mini Cheddars was so last week, I wonder what about ritz cheese crackers.

No, next week will be they have all lost their Marbles, and whose fault was it?
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

That is so sad that they cannot get that status, OMG I'd love a class of that many but can still love our 30. It's often the case that a new Head will make sweeping changes and improve. Ring up and ask to have a look around both on a normal school day, you will be able to sense the feel of a good school trust me. I would never visit a school, especially a primary without the children being in.......go at lunch time btw and suss the meals :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Behave, even DP would not agree with that........I think :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have a look at the Ofsted reports and go and have a look at the schools. Most (that aren't in special measures) are fine, school workers of every type generally care and try very hard for the kids.

I know first choice, ranks in the top 200 schools in the UK, so I have been told, the 2nd & 4th Choice both get the highest OFSTED Rating (was only done last year) the 3rd Choice hasn't got a great OFSTED rating, but it was a couple of years ago, and since this new Head has come in, it is improving all the time, speaking to parents who's children go to that school. I am familiar with them all Unfortunately the school that she would automatically go to if there wasn't any choice, is a dump and they have problems with children taking knives into the school (you have to bless those little angels.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is so sad that they cannot get that status, OMG I'd love a class of that many but can still love our 30. It's often the case that a new Head will make sweeping changes and improve. Ring up and ask to have a look around both on a normal school day, you will be able to sense the feel of a good school trust me. I would never visit a school, especially a primary without the children being in.......go at lunch time btw and suss the meals :D

She has school dinners, tried her with pack lunches it wasn't her thing. She wouldn't sneak me out any butterscotch tart though :cry:, she would coconut milk pudding though (she doesn't like that).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Then make a massive, stupid fuss and go to the papers.

That'll work:o:D

Loads of people will think you're perfectly GREAT for doing it an' all, and pat you on the back.

Well she's got the Daily Mail pose down to perfection, usually happens when you tell her she can't have something :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well she's got the Daily Mail pose down to perfection, usually happens when you tell her she can't have something :)

Made me laugh:D

I always found that seriously imitating it got mine to 'come off it'. My pout was rather frightening, as well as ridiculous, apparantly.
    :o:D
  • Options
    TRIPSTRIPS Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We really should look at the USA to solve this as they have a similar problem, they have to use metal detectors to stop pupils bringing knives and guns into school. maybe we should install Mini Cheddar detectors on all school doors as it may become a serious problem if it's not stamped out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TRIPS wrote: »
    We really should look at the USA to solve this as they have a similar problem, they have to use metal detectors to stop pupils bringing knives and guns into school. maybe we should install Mini Cheddar detectors on all school doors as it may become a serious problem if it's not stamped out.

Using the 'extreme' does not belittle the defiance of the 'petty' rules.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Using the 'extreme' does not belittle the defiance of the 'petty' rules.
    That sounds very deep, ive no idea what point you are trying to make though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That sounds very deep, ive no idea what point you are trying to make though.

Originally Posted by TRIPS

On reflection my reply was silly, your post did not warrant a reply IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally Posted by TRIPS

On reflection my reply was silly, your post did not warrant a reply IMO.

It wasn't your point of view, it just seemed a complete contradiction.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She has school dinners, tried her with pack lunches it wasn't her thing. She wouldn't sneak me out any butterscotch tart though :cry:, she would coconut milk pudding though (she doesn't like that).

I'd sneak you out coconut pudding too :D

Whilst I joke around a lot, I so have a serious side and that is one with regard to our children, I'd be the one with the secret stash of goodies if the need be, but it would be a 'good treat' ;-) I'd find a thing that a child would love and was healthy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wasn't your point of view, it just seemed a complete contradiction.

Oh it was my point of view, my point of view is, that is if this whole issue is about a packet of Mini Cheddars, I as a parent, would have left them in the cupboard at home, and allowed my child to fit in and be happy in his school.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh it was my point of view, my point of view is, that is if this whole issue is about a packet of Mini Cheddars, I as a parent, would have left them in the cupboard at home, and allowed my child to fit in and be happy in his school.
    Fair enough, so how could i belittle the defiance of the rule and the rule itself in my post, it's one or the other.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair enough, so how could i belittle the defiance of the rule and the rule itself in my post, it's one or the other.

Because me telling my child to leave the Mini Cheddars at home and me telling my child to leave the shotgun at home are two different things.....BUT!!!....they are both rules in place to be kept.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because me telling my child to leave the Mini Cheddars at home and me telling my child to leave the shotgun at home are two different things.....BUT!!!....they are both rules in place to be kept.
    So how does that explain, the belittling of the defiance of the rule, yes i used sarcasm to as you say belittle the rule. I think i agree with what you said before, maybe the best thing was not to reply.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So how does that explain, the belittling of the defiance of the rule, yes i used sarcasm to as you say belittle the rule. I think i agree with what you said before, maybe the best thing was not to reply.

I tried really hard not to reply now, but, it's the way I am, Mini Cheddars do not an education make, and the parents need to know that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried really hard not to reply now, but, it's the way I am, Mini Cheddars do not and education make, and the parents need to know that.
    You are not replying, you are evading the question i have put to you the last few posts. how can i belittle the defiance of the rule and at the same time belittle the rule itself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You are not replying, you are evading the question i have put to you the last few posts. how can i belittle the defiance of the rule and at the same time belittle the rule itself.

Some things are rules and some things are laws.
  • Options
    puffenstuffpuffenstuff Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D Our Chef (and he is a qualified chef) makes the most divine rice pudding but he is so clever at how he makes all the things, it's low fat stuff, loads of veg in dishes and all balanced.

Parents with bees in a bonnet are few and far between for us but when they dig in they can cause a problem, the strange thing is that the other parents usually then distance themselves from them. Do you not find it strange that other parents have no leapt to the defence of these parents? I've not seen a thing about other parents comments!

That said, and in defence of some parents, there are times in which others load them with verbal ammunition, they let them do the shouting whilst they fade away. *rolls eyes*

I dont find it strange at all, most people are sheep and follow the herd never thinking or complaining for themselves and just happy to accept what the majority of people do.

IMO schools should not be able to exclude or expel children who want to eat peanut butter sandwiches, scotch eggs or crisps in their lunchboxes, schools should mind their own business and get on with teaching, they dont pay the parents food bills and its none of their business.

There should not be food policies in the school rules then parents couldnt be accused of breaking the school rules, the parents should not be forced to take their kids to another school and be inconvenienced in anyway, they have every right to object.

Schools should not be allowed to alter school policies without the Government debating it this would stop individual schools bringing in petty new rules. It should be the same rule right across the whole country or not at all.