Options

Coronation Street, Maria, Marcus and Todd (Spoliers)

avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/scoop/a550262/coronation-streets-bruno-langley-talks-todd-marcus-passion.html

Coronation Street schemer Todd Grimshaw is triumphant next week as his pursuit of Marcus Dent finally pays off.

Marcus (Charlie Condou) gives into temptation during a visit to the Grimshaw house as he is no longer able to resist Todd's attempts to flirt with him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2548842/Topless-Marcus-Dent-runs-Maria-Connor-catches-bed-Todd-Grimshaw-new-Corrie-scenes.html

Looks like Maria Connor won't get to Christen her new abode, as boyfriend Marcus Dent already has, with Todd Grimshaw.
Samia Ghadie, who plays Maria, was spotted running out a house on the Coronation Street set, with onscreen boyfriend Charlie Condou chasing after her, without his top on.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a543264/coronation-street-maria-connor-to-head-for-a-breakdown.html

He added: "Maria's world is going to be ripped apart - completely ripped apart. She's a woman on the edge of a mental breakdown, a nervous breakdown."

Maria's downward spiral is linked to her relationship trouble but will also be a storyline in its own right.

So what does everyone think of corries latest love triangle?:)

Comments

• Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avon942 wrote: »
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/scoop/a550262/coronation-streets-bruno-langley-talks-todd-marcus-passion.html

Coronation Street schemer Todd Grimshaw is triumphant next week as his pursuit of Marcus Dent finally pays off.

Marcus (Charlie Condou) gives into temptation during a visit to the Grimshaw house as he is no longer able to resist Todd's attempts to flirt with him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2548842/Topless-Marcus-Dent-runs-Maria-Connor-catches-bed-Todd-Grimshaw-new-Corrie-scenes.html

Looks like Maria Connor won't get to Christen her new abode, as boyfriend Marcus Dent already has, with Todd Grimshaw.
    Samia Ghadie, who plays Maria, was spotted running out a house on the Coronation Street set, with onscreen boyfriend Charlie Condou chasing after her, without his top on.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a543264/coronation-street-maria-connor-to-head-for-a-breakdown.html

He added: "Maria's world is going to be ripped apart - completely ripped apart. She's a woman on the edge of a mental breakdown, a nervous breakdown."

Maria's downward spiral is linked to her relationship trouble but will also be a storyline in its own right.

So what does everyone think of corries latest love triangle?:)

Predictable.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was only ever a matter of time. Marcus is no more straight than Alan Carr is. :kitty:

Tbh, I'm surprised Maria hasn't had any suspicions long before now. I seriously doubt she and Marcus have had a mutually satisfying sexual relationship this far, however much he went through the motions.
  • Options
    SoapAddict101SoapAddict101 Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    Predictable, but I am looking forward to seeing Maria's breakdown. She's extremely underused.
  • Options
    Off_the_hook13Off_the_hook13 Posts: 17,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh ffs, how predictable. I wish Todd would shove off, he's just a manipulative piece of scum. >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    I think it was only ever a matter of time. Marcus is no more straight than Alan Carr is. :kitty:

Tbh, I'm surprised Maria hasn't had any suspicions long before now. I seriously doubt she and Marcus have had a mutually satisfying sexual relationship this far, however much he went through the motions.

I don't think Marcus has ever said he was straight.;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Marcus has ever said he was straight.;-)

No, that's true. I suppose if Maria was arrogant enough to believe that she'd somehow 'turned' him with her new plastic norks, more fool her.:(

I still think Marcus can be faulted though for effectively leading her on because of his strong desire to have a kid of his own. >:(
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She thinks shes a turned him

Ha ha ha

Marcus has been lusting after todd was weeks.
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maria truly has fallen for the lust for the gay guy while he is looking over her shoulder at whatever else presents itself
  • Options
    MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just can't wait to see Maria do something, she hasn't done anything for over a year, has she? Gonna be weird seeing her again. I'm one of those people that don't think she's deadwood, if given the right material.
  • Options
    MyBeautifulHairMyBeautifulHair Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not bothered about seeing Marcus shirtless, but I do wish he'd undo the neck buttons on his shirts. He looks in danger of strangling himself.
  • Options
    NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds fantastic, love Todd Grimshaw and his scheming ways. Marcus is so weak.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Marcus/Dull Maria pairing was a dud since day one.

Thank goodness that Todd Hitler is about to bring it to an end.

Maria will move on to another fella before long "yawns". Dev's new mate, Kal, perhaps.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marcusjll wrote: »
    I just can't wait to see Maria do something, she hasn't done anything for over a year, has she? Gonna be weird seeing her again. I'm one of those people that don't think she's deadwood, if given the right material.

Yeah I'm looking forward to how both Samia and the writers handle Maria's breakdown.
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh ffs, how predictable. I wish Todd would shove off, he's just a manipulative piece of scum. >:(
    Todd was a nice lad when he went to London; why have they made him so vile now?
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maria should have been axed years ago..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't know but i think his character is ruined. Maybe we will discover that something happened to him back in London.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Maria should have been axed years ago..

Please try to stay on topic.;-)
  • Options
    josjos Posts: 9,992
    Forum Member

Because that's what happens to nice northern people who move to London :(
  • Options
    MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone with half a brain could see this happening as soon as Todd Hitler's return was announced. Marcus and Maria have to be one of the biggest non-couples ever! There was zero development after they got together, they just vanished from the screen for God knows how long. Now they're back for this and we're supposed to care? M&M split up = yawnfest and as for Maria's breakdown; She's a deadly dull, dreary character at the best of times anyway, will we really notice any difference in her mood? :D
  • Options
    MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    I'm actually liking new Todd, people do change over time and often for the worst. Definitely one of the few things worth watching at the moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrWoodySir wrote: »
    I'm actually liking new Todd, people do change over time and often for the worst. Definitely one of the few things worth watching at the moment.

Yes I agree. He was a right little wuss before. At least he's entertaining now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MsWilder11 wrote: »
    Anyone with half a brain could see this happening as soon as Todd Hitler's return was announced. Marcus and Maria have to be one of the biggest non-couples ever! There was zero development after they got together, they just vanished from the screen for God knows how long. Now they're back for this and we're supposed to care? M&M split up = yawnfest and as for Maria's breakdown; She's a deadly dull, dreary character at the best of times anyway, will we really notice any difference in her mood? :D

I would like to think that a mental breakdown is more than just a change in mood and as its something close to home for me i really hope its done well.

What is it do you think that is dull and dreary about Maria?? I mean its quite obvious the character is underused which thankfully is about to change but what else?
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the betting on Dreary Maria's supposed breakdown, pretty much consisting of her sitting in her flat in a dressing gown, whining at Audrey and Ozzy that she has been so "shtoopid" not to notice that Marcus fancied a bit of Todd?

I give it a fortnight, maximum, before she jumps into bed with the next available man, and go back to minor scenes cutting hair at the salon. Same old same old, year in, year out, with her.

I doubt that Samia's breakdown will be nominated for Best Dramatic Performance at the next Soap Awards.:D
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds dull, only good thing is Maria's going to be heartbroken. As for her breakdown, it's going to be a chore to watch anything that involves Boria is dull imo. I'll be sad to see Marcus go, I really liked him then he got put with Maria and things went downhill.
  • Options
    MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like to think that a mental breakdown is more than just a change in mood and as its something close to home for me i really hope its done well.

I know, I was being facetious ;-)
    What is it do you think that is dull and dreary about Maria?? I mean its quite obvious the character is underused which thankfully is about to change but what else?

I find SG a mediocre actress so I never really engage that much in her SLs. They all seem to be laden with doom and it gets tedious; Off the top of my head, I remember still birth, Liam dying, all the Tony Gordon stuff, and now Marcus and Todd. Then, when she hasn't got her tragedy mask on, she just fades into the background. There's no range; it's either misery for her or nothing at all.