Options

First Dates Ch4 Thursday 9pm

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    I think he was offended by the desert island thing, but it's a stupid question to ask anyway. However, I think he properly turned when she brought up his drinking. He'd probably rather be called unattractive than a drunkard. The former he can say comes down to subjective opinion.

The couple who kept going on about sex were a bit much. I wondered if she felt the need to be aggressively sexual to make up for the fact that she has a child – trying to make sure people didn't just see her as a mum.
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ratty0 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the dates pay - as we've seen them discussing paying/splitting the bill quite a few times.

Scripted conversation additions. It's a reality show. It's not a true reflection on first dates. They've got a programme to make. And exploit.
    ratty0 wrote: »
    I disagree. He clearly got massively offended about the desert island situation and became quite hostile. He kept going on about it (and made her actually say a sentence to placate him) and I don't think it was his sense of humour - he was just mortally offended. I really felt for his date. He was hard work, pessimistic, and way too petty. I doubt he'll find anyone who will put up with his attitude.

Absolutely. it's no wonder he's single. I'm amazed she didn't just walk out. Even if they did have to pay, if she walks out, he would just pay up to save face and then leave.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What's really disappointing is how many men on the show turn really quickly from (at least attempted) charm and politeness to chippy, aggressive, angry as soon as they reckon a shag's not on the cards.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    DVDfever wrote: »
    What was all that crap with her supposedly waiting around to pay the bill? C4 will be picking up the tab for that lot and it'd be cheap TV at twice the price!

As for Terry Tit-head, his date's opening gambit was "I like men and women". Course you do, love(!) #desperation

Every time Terry appears on my screen, I can see the slime ooze out of the TV. Just repellent.

Hi Dom AKA DVDfever as an Aortic valve replacement survivor you should be out there enjoying life and getting a bit of crumpet yourself, life's too short to be bitter!

All you've done is whinge about me and the show.

Have a cup of tea and a biscuit, maybe stick a DVD on.

Love Terry Turbo
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You were fine DJ Terry, you kept us all entertained!
    But it looks like your details are still on the website – does that mean things didn't work out (long-term) after last night's televised date?

I've got three questions – a) did you (two) have to pay the bill? b) when do they film it, relative to its broadcast? c) are you aware during the date of other couples also being filmed?
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    heiker wrote: »
    Why?

When she turned him down he quickly became agressive and hostile to women.

He does that every time he gets binned off.
    I think he expects them to go 'wow' in the first 30 seconds, the instant attraction/spark.
    I find him very odd and off putting, the jokes are all at his expense, but they're not supposed to be.
    There must be something about him that works for some women, they're applying to date him, I presume.

We could have been watching, the Tattoo's and piercings bloke getting on with his date, rather than Rajan getting nowhere.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Dom AKA DVDfever as an Aortic valve replacement survivor you should be out there enjoying life and getting a bit of crumpet yourself, life's too short to be bitter!

Oh dear, Robin Askwith you are not.
    All you've done is whinge about me and the show.

Well, you favourited my tweets about you!
    What's really disappointing is how many men on the show turn really quickly from (at least attempted) charm and politeness to chippy, aggressive, angry as soon as they reckon a shag's not on the cards.

Indeed. On the first date, it's a bit pathetic. I also hate the fact there's so much discussion about previous dates and relationships. It's an absolute no-no. Who gives a damn who else you've seen in recent dates via dating sites or wherever else? The only date that matters is the one you're on. Spend time talking to each other ABOUT each other & see if you click.

No date I've had where the woman has brought up previous dates has led to a second date.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terry's date, what did she say she did for a living?
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jequila wrote: »
    Terry's date, what did she say she did for a living?
    PCSO.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    i only watched the last episode on thursday. wish id watched it from the start.

The bisexual - call me old fashioned but she's not going to have a serious relationship if she puts out on the first date or initiates a threesome.
    Was she looking for a serious relationship?

too much sex talk on the date!

I liked the canadian dude though. i want a date with him :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alcockell wrote: »
    PCSO.
    Thanks, but what is a PCSO?
  • Options
    Forum Member

You must have heard of them, surely?

Edit: As for Ed the MOT man, I'd have thought the smirking and smiling throughout the Desert Island thing would have been an obvious indicator that he was just joking.

Talking about past relationships, is talking about someone, the things that have happened to you affect who you are now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Plastic plod.

I wonder if we will get a second series. I read one of the later eps only nudged over 800k viewers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The gay guy's date was just stunning looking, Birmingham accent and all :eek:
  • Options
    ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the Canadian guy, he was so funny and charming. Definitely cheesy but I like that, and he looks so lovely!

Rajan just makes me laugh, you think he'd have learned from the previous two dates how to act around a girl and yet again he just thinks if he does it again he'll wear a girl down. Put some Usher on...hilarious. Ed though, what was he thinking?! No wonder he has spent £10k on dating he needs to change his attitude sharpish. I'm quite dry in my humour but he was bordering on offensive even to me. He at one point looked like he'd jump across the table and hit her!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Just discovered this series this weekend and watched it all over a short space of time. Really enjoyed it.
    There are always going to be fame hungry type people on a programme like this, but if they can keep them to a minimum and focus on some of the genuine types, it will be a recipe for success.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    First dates is coming back for series 2

You can apply here:

http://firstdates.channel4.com/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terry_Lee wrote: »
    First dates is coming back for series 2

You can apply here:

http://firstdates.channel4.com/

The horror...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This is back again next week, if you haven't seen the trailers.
    Series 2 Wednesday 22:00.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Series linked ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is back again next week, if you haven't seen the trailers.
    Series 2 Wednesday 22:00.

Series 3, surely. The 2nd one had rather lost it compared to the first one. Inside No.9 will take priority and First Dates is not something I can be bothered to flick through.
  • Options
    wmoorewmoore Posts: 562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear where do they find these people.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Canadian woman is really obnoxious.
  • Options
    FriendlyGoatFriendlyGoat Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »
    Series 3, surely. The 2nd one had rather lost it compared to the first one. Inside No.9 will take priority and First Dates is not something I can be bothered to flick through.

Nope, series 2. You might be thinking of The Undateables.
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Cougar is getting a bit of a hard time. :)