Options

For the people that do celebrate valentines

kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
Forum Member
According to the other valentines thread I realise I may be in the minority here but I do celebrate valentines, and yes I do show my partner love every day and yes we do special things all year around but we also celebrate valentines.

So if you do as well what will you be doing today?

I left a card and a sexy beast teddy on the bedside for him before I left for work this morning, we aren't going out for dinner either he'll cook or we'll get a take away. I don't know what I am getting yet as I'm at work all day, quite excited to get home this evening. (As I am every day of course :D)

Comments

• Options
    swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww, a sexy beast teddy sounds lovely!

I don't have a boyfriend, but I got flowers and gifts from my parents this morning?

Does that still count as celebrating Valentine's Day? …or is that just pathetic?
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Mrs left me a card downstairs before she left and my day sounds a bit like yours, getting a takeaway later. I am off into town shortly, as I have the day off today, to get her the last few bits.
  • Options
    jpcmejpcme Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    As a special Valentine treat for the girlfriend I had a shave. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sweh wrote: »
    Aww, a sexy beast teddy sounds lovely!

I don't have a boyfriend, but I got flowers and gifts from my parents this morning?

Does that still count as celebrating Valentine's Day? …or is that just pathetic?

No that's not pathetic that's really sweet! It's a day of love and that was lovely!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My Mrs left me a card downstairs before she left and my day sounds a bit like yours, getting a takeaway later. I am off into town shortly, as I have the day off today, to get her the last few bits.

That's really lovely, just enjoyed a lovely fish and chip dinner myself. Now to enjoy some wine and a movie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jpcme wrote: »
    As a special Valentine treat for the girlfriend I had a shave. :)

She's a lucky lucky lady ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah I'm going to brag now but I don't care it's the nicest valentines gift I've ever received, a diamond encrusted Michael Kors bracelet!
  • Options
    Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We celebrate it. I got flowers and chocs from the OH. I made him a card and got him a poster that says

"turns out I like you a lot more than originally planned"

We cheated with food and bought the M & S dine in for two offer.

We are nice to each other the rest of the year too :D
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We went out for a late lunch as we didn't want to do a crowded restaurant in the evening. We'll have a take-away tonight so the kids can feel like they're a part of it too. :D And some rosé a bit later.

This morning we exchanged cards a bit of a chocolate. It was funny, our cards were almost identical; I opened mine and thought, 'this looks like the one I got him', so I said, 'look at your card!' We had a good laugh over that. Geez, you'd almost think we were married or something.:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kaz159 wrote: »
    We celebrate it. I got flowers and chocs from the OH. I made him a card and got him a poster that says

"turns out I like you a lot more than originally planned"

We cheated with food and bought the M & S dine in for two offer.

We are nice to each other the rest of the year too :D

I don't blame you! I saw an advert for that food and I thought it looked amazing! Lol that poster sounds awesome!

Sorry for the overuse of ! I'm just feeling the love in a big way today.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We went out for a late lunch as we didn't want to do a crowded restaurant in the evening. We'll have a take-away tonight so the kids can feel like they're a part of it too. :D And some rosé a bit later.

This morning we exchanged cards a bit of a chocolate. It was funny, our cards were almost identical; I opened mine and thought, 'this looks like the one I got him', so I said, 'look at your card!' We had a good laugh over that. Geez, you'd almost think we were married or something.:cool:

Awww I love things like that, it's so cute. Sounds like a lovely day together.
  • Options
    howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    Don't need ONEday to show my love,
    I do it all through the year....ANOTHER RIP OFF DAY.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    howardl wrote: »

You obviously didn't read my opening post. Never mind here's some love anyway <3
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nothing says i love you like a takeaway ^_^
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I came down to some roses and a card this morning. I'd bought him some chocolates and a card. As soon as the kids are in bed we're having a fancy dinner (venison), lots of fizz, chocolates and series 2 of House Of Cards on Netflix! I've got a whole week off work as of tonight so I'm feeling pretty damn good right now. :)

Happy Valentines Day DS. xxxx
  • Options
    howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    kitty86 wrote: »
    You obviously didn't read my opening post. Never mind here's some love anyway <3

Ahh ...thanks;-)
    Yes your right, didn't read,, just wanted to vent my view, sorry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nothing says i love you like a takeaway

She's a lucky lady Billy! Did you push the boat out and get Nando's?! :-P
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    nothing says i love you like a takeaway ^_^

Depends on what your taking away
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a lucky lady Billy! Did you push the boat out and get Nando's?! :-P

nandos? i aint made of money
  • Options
    Forum Member
    GOGO2 wrote: »
    I came down to some roses and a card this morning. I'd bought him some chocolates and a card. As soon as the kids are in bed we're having a fancy dinner (venison), lots of fizz, chocolates and series 2 of House Of Cards on Netflix! I've got a whole week off work as of tonight so I'm feeling pretty damn good right now. :)

Happy Valentines Day DS. xxxx

That sounds like a lovely evening, start as you mean to go on! Enjoy your week off <3
  • Options
    GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We don't really celebrate it as such but we do always get each other a card...

This year identical cards from different shops! :D

And here they are www.seeviewo.org/seeview/downloads/cards.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    howardl wrote: »

I always find it odd when people say this... Like they're a doting partner every day of the year except for Valentines Day, just to make a point! :p

It's only a rip off if you let yourself get ripped off. It's perfectly possible to celebrate the day without spending a load of money.

It's probably my favourite 'hallmark day' tbh. Unlike Christmas, Easter, Mothers Day ect you're not expected to run around after other people. You and the OH can just shut the rest of the world out. I love that!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gneiss wrote: »
    We don't really celebrate it as such but we do always get each other a card...

This year identical cards from different shops! :D

And here they are www.seeviewo.org/seeview/downloads/cards.jpg

Those little hedgehogs are so cute. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nandos? i aint made of money

Why did you remove the smilies Billy?! We all know you aren't as much of a grouch as you try to make out. :D
  • Options
    GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Those little hedgehogs are so cute. :)

A few years back we reared a baby Hedgehog by hand so they have a significance to us... :)