Options

what the best omg moment in soap ever?

Comments

• Options
    Bobby_MarzBobby_Marz Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andybear wrote: »
    Emmerdale - Rishi saying he was Archie's father. I thought it was a bit daft but it was certainly an 'OMG' moment for me!

Agree!!
  • Options
    Bobby_MarzBobby_Marz Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE Danielle's death
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »
    Do you also only turn your TV on at 7:30 and turn it off at 8:00 considering that Hayley's death was well publicised in the Corrie adverts leading up to it?

I'd concur abou Lynsey's death, also the bus crash deaths particularly Maddie's.

no but becase sky got so many programs and plus im always busy I don't have time for day time tv
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sandy being darrens mum-ho
    Bus crash and council flat explosion (I know we knew this was gonna happen but it was filmed brilliantly)-ho
    Lynseys death-ho
  • Options
    Rich_WilsonRich_Wilson Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    When Danielle was run over by Janine in Eastenders! Biggest shocker ever for me!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    Lyndsey's murder in HO was a complete shock as was Kat and Zoe's 'You've not my Mother,' 'yes I am!' Both the best IMO.
  • Options
    CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE has had lots of smaller surprise moments recently that haven't been released in spoilers - Jane's return, Phil confessing to Sharon about his role in Dennis' death and Janine's arrest on Christmas Day. We knew she was leaving but we didn't know how exactly it was going to pan out. They're not exactly on par with Lyndsey's death in HO but they're still good. I'm waiting for them to pull off a massive one with the return of a past character or major death that we don't see coming.

I think the last massive OMG moment for me was Chrissie killing Den. Again, we knew he was to die but we didn't know who would be responsible out of the three women. I was convinced it would be Zoe in some sort of self defence which of course it looked like that's what happened right up until the end and then Chrissie finished the job.
  • Options
    xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    definitely Lyndsey in hollyoaks , no one knew she was leaving. These days most story lines are spolit and we know who is leaving. Most rumors also turn out to be true so there's no fun even guessing more. That is one of the only few times i didn't know it was going to happen , it was done really well.
  • Options
    sheltsshelts Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ernest Bishop getting shot - no spoilers, no papers giving it away
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another vote for Lynsey Nolan's death. Sadly though, I hadn't seen the E4 episode and I saw tweets that spoiled it for me. I had no idea she was leaving so I imagine the C4 episode would have had an enormous impact had it not been spoiled for me.

I know this is minor, but when Maddie called Esther a "fat, stumpy troll" was a real OMG moment for me. I was so shocked at her harsh words and had to rewatch several times.

I agree, HO has become too focused on delivering OMG moments than telling stories.
  • Options
    Tweety PieTweety Pie Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Brendan found Lynsey dead in Hollyoaks. Completely unexpected and I was in total shock!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    carl king being killed in ED live episode. near thought they would kill such a big character but it had the desired effect for me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flbkab wrote: »
    For me it's got to be Lynsey's murder in Hollyoaks. It wasn't revealed before hand that the actress was leaving so it was a massive shock!

I think since this though, Hollyoaks have totally overdone the OMG moments. It feels like there's one every week now and they lose their impact a bit.

That has to be the best as no one suspected it.

I'm hoping the peri think will be a red herring, leading to another moment that hasn't been leaked to DS or anything
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    The reveal of Den as Michelle's baby's father.

This was the first for me.
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    Richard Hillman attacking a baby-sitting Emily in Corrie and killing Maxine, not sure if I had seen spoilers at the time or not, but the brutality of it shocked me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    When Janine made it look as if Stacey had stabbed her.
  • Options
    TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    Hollyoaks -when Silas realised he had killed his own daughter instead of Lynsey or Texas.

Hollyoaks - When Brendan and Walker were fighting on the train tracks and suddenly the train hits Walker

Eastenders - Sharongate
  • Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no but becase sky got so many programs and plus im always busy I don't have time for day time tv

I leave home at 7.40 am to go to work and I arrive home from work about 6.30 pm so I don't have time for daytime TV either but I knew about Haley's death despite also not reading interviews or spoilers or reading newspapers!
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "You ain't ma MUVVA!"

"Yes, I AMM!" Forever and always. Was Eastenders at its most iconic.
  • Options
    avaconradavaconrad Posts: 1,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrsb23 wrote: »
    carl king being killed in ED live episode. near thought they would kill such a big character but it had the desired effect for me.

Somebody revealed on twitter they had filmed his funeral a few weeks before even the live episode was on so that ruined if for me as I already knew he died.
  • Options
    MelSingletonMelSingleton Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My fave moments where I've genuinely had an OMG moment:

* EE Kat and Charlie's discussion where it is revealed to the audience that Zoe is Kat's daughter

* Myra getting shot in the 'Prisoner' hostage saga.

Is 'Wentworth' a soap? A number of OMGs from that series:
    * the scene where Franky does to the gym for a workout
    * Bea's final confrontation with Jacs
    * outcome of the riot at the start of the series
    * True identity of Doreen's daughter
    * Debbie Smith's overdose
  • Options
    KymberlyKymberly Posts: 763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gennie being murdered by Cameron. Agree Lynsey's death in Hollyoaks was a great one:D
  • Options
    intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    priscilla wrote: »
    HO
    Lindsey death
    Nialls reflection on the ambulance's door, I thought he had died in the church
    Justin pushing Clare, didn't ever think it was him
    Clare walking in the airport, I thought she had drowned

Not knowing whether Brendan had died (loft balcony/exit)
    Riley's death

Justin being the one who pushed Clare was a complete shock, but they cheated a little because Justin was not one of the 5 suspects and all the promos and adverts for the storyline purposely led us to believe it was Max, OB, Calvin, Warren or Louise.

Clare Devine's appearance at the airport was definitely OMG! So good in fact I have to post the link :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddhH6nTliIo
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Nowadays, there is no such thing as OMG moments....it's well publicised before it happens!
    As far back as the 80's when the Crossroads Motel burned down, Deirdre and Mike Baldwin....they were all in the papers.
    But my OMG moment was when Frank Tate was killed by Kim Tate - the infamous checking his breathing (or not as it were) in her compact mirror! I don't think this was ever released beforehand...it was a shock to me (especially when Kim was supposed to be dead!!).:o
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justin being the one who pushed Clare was a complete shock, but they cheated a little because Justin was not one of the 5 suspects and all the promos and adverts for the storyline purposely led us to believe it was Max, OB, Calvin, Warren or Louise.

Clare Devine's appearance at the airport was definitely OMG! So good in fact I have to post the link :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddhH6nTliIo

Amazing, thanks for the link :D Back when Clare was epic. I loved the flashback scenes for who pushed Clare, brilliant.