• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Though I still dont like them strolling onstage I like that they're polishing up their entrance. Its too bad the backdrops for 5h and LM didnt make it into the Vancouver and SJ shows because they really help.

They're idiots if they don't make Salute a single.
  • Options
    Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perries mum will be joining the girls at the New York Neon light tour concert.
  • Options
    sniffingchocakesniffingchocake Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    Tim_A wrote: »
    Has anybody seen this video of Salute in Arizona...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4WA_E747P4

Not seen that intro before. "The war has begun...". Gives you a taste of what a video might be like.

Also this sort of crowd response to an opening act has to be rare? (Or should I say opening acts as its the same for 5H).
    They've had the talking intro on all shows its just really hard to hear because of the bass of the music, I guess you can only hear it if you know its there

Not sure how rare this response is, the opening acts at the DNA show I went to received hysterical screams, I think teenage girls tend to scream for anything dont they! :/

are support acts on arena shows getting bigger though, I dont remember when I was younger dying to get to a concert early to see the support! I guess its nice for the girls that there does seem to be a good sized crowd for them and not an empty arena
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure how rare this response is, the opening acts at the DNA show I went to received hysterical screams, I think teenage girls tend to scream for anything dont they! :/

Didnt they just have pointless boybands as their support?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is from Billboard's Boxscores (touring)

Rank Artist/Event Venue City/State Event Dates Gross Sales Attend/ Capacity Shows/Sellouts Prices Promoters

90 Emblem3, MKTO, Jackson Guthy Emo's Austin, Texas Feb. 8, 2014 $15,854 524 / 750 1 / 0 $35, $29.50 C3 Presents

When I see that their label/management is ok with small venues like that I wonder why LM doesn't get to do a theater tour at the minimum in the US.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yea.

Just looked them up as I forgot who they were. ReConnected confirmed they have split a few weeks ago to 'pursue solo careers' (don't expect to be hearing from them ) & 'The Mend' were last known to be recording their debut album last September. Still no sign.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Exactly my point, they were beyond poor, yet there were kids screaming until they were blue
  • Options
    kieranyeah123kieranyeah123 Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is from Billboard's Boxscores (touring)

Rank Artist/Event Venue City/State Event Dates Gross Sales Attend/ Capacity Shows/Sellouts Prices Promoters

90 Emblem3, MKTO, Jackson Guthy Emo's Austin, Texas Feb. 8, 2014 $15,854 524 / 750 1 / 0 $35, $29.50 C3 Presents

When I see that their label/management is ok with small venues like that I wonder why LM doesn't get to do a theater tour at the minimum in the US.

I already made that point a few pages back as well as how the crowd screams sounds like hundreds/thousands of them there like them which most likely will translate into tour tickets of their own. I think they could get away with doing a few House of Blues venues and the Club Nokia in LA for example.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Club Nokia would be a really good fit, 2300 seating capacity and they could expand to the theater at 7000 if needed.

First they need to avoid being arrested. Hide the drugs ladies.

@samcoxy
    Being stopped at the side of the road in New Mexico by 8 men from Border Control was the highlight of my year!! Haha... Was like a movie!
    7:09am - 16 Feb 14
  • Options
    aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anybody seen this video of Salute in Arizona...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4WA_E747P4

Not seen that intro before. "The war has begun...". Gives you a taste of what a video might be like.

Also this sort of crowd response to an opening act has to be rare? (Or should I say opening acts as its the same for 5H).

Quite dramatic intro isn't it? Lol. War? Which war? Lol. These girls are killing me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aldu wrote: »
    Quite dramatic intro isn't it? Lol. War? Which war? Lol. These girls are killing me.

I can only assume it's some sort of female empowerment related war.

Just the way to open a 1D concert..... *shakes head*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The war against being marginalised, of course. ;-) Anyway all they did was move it from the end to the intro.
  • Options
    TheKnewbiesTheKnewbies Posts: 928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can only assume it's some sort of female empowerment related war.

Just the way to open a 1D concert..... *shakes head*

"The war has begun" "Ladies across the world listen up"..."we don't need no man" followed by mass surrender. Comical.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if it was posted...

Better vid of the massive Salute at the release party.. I am so into that song.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fk4CtOMcHQk
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    siriusrose wrote: »
    Me too, I actually burst out laughing the first time, I was a bit dazed. I'm not a fan of the Salute or Word Up choreography on the whole, a bit too much armography and head banging, not enough actual dancing imo and I'm not a fan of the weird style they are doing when they do dance, it wasn't what I imagined when I listened to these song, some people may like it, but for me I think they just look silly jumping around and shaking their heads, almost like what we used to do to take the mick in dance class when we were just being silly. All the girls can dance better than the level they're currently at and it's a good choreographers job to make moves look good despite dance ability not being all that high. No one can say the back up dancers are not extremely talented, but imo they moves they are doing just make them look silly too so it's so reflection on the girls ability, it's just the moves themselves aren't visually pleasing for me. Kinda put me off Salute being released. Dance will always be about style though and I'm sure a lot of people like those moves, but personally, I definitely don't. The only two things I don't really like about Little Mix are styling and some of their choreography.

MY SUGGESTION WOULD BE FOR THE GIRLS TO MIME SO THAT IT DOES AFFECT THEIR CRAZY FLIPS, TUCK, DOUBLE AND SINGLE, PIKE OR DOUBLE PIKE!!!

Last time I checked the girls were SINGERS for Christ's sake, and not some Olympian gymnasts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're idiots if they don't make Salute a single.[/QUOTE]

Indeed.

Other stuff: look fwd to the Cher Lloyd's reviews. Pretty sure LM will be missed at that time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    Firstly let me state that I am not a LM fan.
    The first time I saw them was on the USX and was very impressed with their stage performance not their singing, I thought that they moved in time & put on great stage act.

On this tour they do not seem to have the same timing & their entrance is amateurish.

During Salute they do a sideways bounce across the stage which is impressive and that is how they should enter the stage, set the mood for their act.

:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MY SUGGESTION WOULD BE FOR THE GIRLS TO MIME SO THAT IT DOES AFFECT THEIR CRAZY FLIPS, TUCK, DOUBLE AND SINGLE, PIKE OR DOUBLE PIKE!!!

Last time I checked the girls were SINGERS for Christ's sake, and not some Olympian gymnasts.
    No one is suggesting they start bringing out a gold medal worthy Olympic gymnastics routines, people are actually suggesting they are better and the songs are better than the chereo they currently have...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only move I dont like which they use a lot is The Jumping Bean Hop. Maybe thats the one being dissected. It reminds me too much of Jade and Leigh hopping in that other group at Bootcamp. Otherwise I like their arm movements in Salute though I still wish they had both arms free.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice review for all from the Arizona Daily Star.

No one was taking notes on Saturday night, but surely Glendale's Jobing.com Arena set a record for loudest indoor stadium for Demi Lovato's "Neon Lights Tour" stop.

To call the noise emanating from the mostly teen girls filling nearly every seat deafening would be an understatement. For those in the audience — particularly the older parents among us — the ringing in your ears from the high-pitched squeals is likely to stick around a day or two.

• Little Mix may not be as well known to American audiences, but they certainly had more fans than they expected at the Glendale concert. At one point, Leigh-Anne Pinnock looked out at the fans singing along to "Wings" and told the audience she was surprised at how many of them knew the lyrics.

Judging by the response to their R&B/hip-hop rocking set complete with some pretty impressive choreography and a cast of four buffed male dancers, their American fan base widened. In addition to their original hits including "Little Me," the girls did sexy covers of "Bootylicious" and "Word Up" — the latter which I like to think was a gift to the 40-something parents in the audience who remember when Cameo had a No. 1 hit with the song in 1986.

http://azstarnet.com/entertainment/blogs/caliente-tuned-in/review-lovato-fifth-harmony-concert-likely-broke-noise-records/article_4c2764a6-96f1-11e3-96f4-001a4bcf887a.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SOD_IT wrote: »
    Firstly let me state that I am not a LM fan.
    The first time I saw them was on the USX and was very impressed with their stage performance not their singing, I thought that they moved in time & put on great stage act.

On this tour they do not seem to have the same timing & their entrance is amateurish.

During Salute they do a sideways bounce across the stage which is impressive and that is how they should enter the stage, set the mood for their act.

:blush:

I think you have to consider the fact they are not the headline act, they are just openers and are performing in front of a curtain so they are restricted as to what can be done. On X Factor they had the whole stage to play with which clearly opens a lot more options - certainly in terms of how to enter the stage.

Not sure I am sold on them entering the stage via a sideways bounce though. :blush: I think i'd fall off my chair laughing.
  • Options
    TheKnewbiesTheKnewbies Posts: 928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Club Nokia would be a really good fit, 2300 seating capacity and they could expand to the theater at 7000 if needed.

First they need to avoid being arrested. Hide the drugs ladies.

@samcoxy
    Being stopped at the side of the road in New Mexico by 8 men from Border Control was the highlight of my year!! Haha... Was like a movie!
    7:09am - 16 Feb 14

2k+ potential is probably in them right now but doesn't it aim to low? Not much to gain apart from a quick buck. My gut says it's premature to look at that. Besides the diary is full.

Radio kicks in with move next week. A new release should follow in due course to keep up momentum. A hit would help immensely of course! With all the Media attention that will bring.
    Their CV needs to keep growing. The fact that they're consistently killing it on the NL tour is helping their cause. The industry is paying attention and they can't let something as good as LM fade. A heavyweight American producer maybe? If all goes to plan, a headline arena tour early next year should fill.

If it doesn't pan out, the U.S. will still be part of the sum total albeit smaller than hoped for. The world is a big market.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2k+ potential is probably in them right now but doesn't it aim to low? Not much to gain apart from a quick buck. My gut says it's premature to look at that. Besides the diary is full.

. A heavyweight American producer maybe? If all goes to plan, a headline arena tour early next year should fill.

If it doesn't pan out, the U.S. will still be part of the sum total albeit smaller than hoped for. The world is a big market.

I dont think they could do American arenas for a while yet. I can see them doing multiple nights at a theater venue in major metro areas.

If they had that much drawing power the Eastern stops on the NLT would be sold out already.
  • Options
    DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you have to consider the fact they are not the headline act, they are just openers and are performing in front of a curtain so they are restricted as to what can be done. On X Factor they had the whole stage to play with which clearly opens a lot more options - certainly in terms of how to enter the stage.

Not sure I am sold on them entering the stage via a sideways bounce though. :blush:I think i'd fall off my chair laughing.

I choked thinking about it lol
This discussion has been closed.