Options

Missing episode discovery rumours

Comments

• Options
    bp2bp2 Posts: 1,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adams66 wrote: »
    Don't be silly. I have a full time job, but I still have time to post on message boards!

And Steve Roberts and Paul Vanezis are 'regular people' too! It's good that they bother to post, especially considering the amount of grief they sometimes get.

I don't know where you work but I know for a fact that in some industries you are not allowed to post on forums or anything that the public can view that is related to your work (unless you are authorised to do it).(Of course you do get some people talking about general aspects of their industry on forums and websites.)

I assume they were thinking that those rules applies for the people restoring missing episodes.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 116,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    bp2 wrote: »
    I don't know where you work but I know for a fact that in some industries you are not allowed to post on forums or anything that the public can view that is related to your work (unless you are authorised to do it).(Of course you do get some people talking about general aspects of their industry on forums and websites.)

I assume they were thinking that those rules applies for the people restoring missing episodes.

"Although the team is officially recognised by our clients, the team members all have full time jobs and carry out restoration work in their own time."

~ from the Restoration Team website.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't be silly. I have a full time job, but I still have time to post on message boards!

And Steve Roberts and Paul Vanezis are 'regular people' too! It's good that they bother to post, especially considering the amount of grief they sometimes get.

That isnt what I mean. What I mean is they arent regular people like us they are part of the celebrity status hence famous because they are heavying doing the dvds so Id prefer it if they wernt on the forums.
  • Options
    adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That isnt what I mean. What I mean is they arent regular people like us they are part of the celebrity status hence famous because they are heavying doing the dvds so Id prefer it if they wernt on the forums.

They're not celebrities, nor famous. They are regular people doing a cracking job.
  • Options
    grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They aren't celebrities or famous. I doubt anybody would know who they were outside of fans of the dvd range and passing through the street nobody would batter an eyelid. Just normal guys doing a job in their spare time away from their main jobs that isn't even well paid because they love the show. I find Steve's posts on the dvd section informitive regarding why things are left off or why certain bits of episodes are not so great quality and there is quite a few things about the range I didn't know until he mentioned it. Long may he continue.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're not celebrities, nor famous. They are regular people doing a cracking job.

If they are selling the dvd range and featured on the range they are famous!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bbcww sell the DVDs not the restoration team. Their work is featured on the dvd but it is never credited on the dvd (1 exception being mind of evil). Nobody outside of regular buyers of the DVDs know who they are or what they look like. I've been a huge admirer of the restoration team for a good few years and I could only face mark Ayres ( and that's more to do with his work with the radiophonic workshop than the DVDs). I know bands that sell a lot less CDs than the who dvd range yet I'd classify them as more famous than the members of the restoration team.
  • Options
    TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cat666 wrote: »
    Yep people will turn up to see Web/Enemy and instead get Marco Polo! We can but dream.

That would be amazing! :)
  • Options
    ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member

I have every story on DVD now. I have been working my way through them, in order, starting at Unearthly Child and I am currently up to Tom Baker's second year. I have watched every commentary and DVD extra along the way. I have never heard of these, apparently famous, people!
  • Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In which case, online malcontents would be shaking their virtual fists about how members the Restoration Team think they're too good to speak to the plebs who buy the DVDs.

Whatever they do, a group of entitled fans will get angry about it.
    Their work is known to a few thousand people. Their names are known to and remembered by fewer still.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grazey1985 wrote: »
    Bbcww sell the DVDs not the restoration team. Their work is featured on the dvd but it is never credited on the dvd (1 exception being mind of evil). Nobody outside of regular buyers of the DVDs know who they are or what they look like. I've been a huge admirer of the restoration team for a good few years and I could only face mark Ayres ( and that's more to do with his work with the radiophonic workshop than the DVDs). I know bands that sell a lot less CDs than the who dvd range yet I'd classify them as more famous than the members of the restoration team.

Doesnt matter. They are always interviewed in news.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesnt matter. They are always interviewed in news.

Don't see how that makes them famous or celebs though. Most people don't know who they are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grazey1985 wrote: »
    Don't see how that makes them famous or celebs though. Most people don't know who they are.

They are famous for their work.
  • Options
    AidanLunnAidanLunn Posts: 5,320
    Forum Member

How can they be famous if most people don't know who they are?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How can they be famous if most fans bar a few handfull haven't a clue who they are. You would list photos of them all the members of team and even most pro rt fans would be struggling to name most of the faces. The last thing Steve r and co would describe themselves as celebs or famous.
  • Options
    adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DiscoP wrote: »
    They're not a celebrity until they've been on I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here. Therefore the only person involved with Doctor Who who can be considered a celebrity is Colin Baker.

Can't fault DiscoP's logic here. :D
    I reckon that's gotta be the last word on this subject surely.

Please.
  • Options
    wildangelwildangel Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    Next year on Celebrity Big Brother...

Paul Vanezis, Steve Roberts, Evil Annie, Phil Morris, Joe Lidster, Toby Hadoke, Mark Ayres, the Guerrier Brothers

Holy crap, maybe a token woman? (Jac Rayner's too obvious, maybe send in Jackie Lane :-)

:confused:

NB Which would you rather - being told that film cans labelled with eps have been recovered, and then later that the film's not viable... or WAITING until they review them and know that they can actually remaster the finds in a sellable format?
  • Options
    cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wildangel wrote: »
    Next year on Celebrity Big Brother...

Paul Vanezis, Steve Roberts, Evil Annie, Phil Morris, Joe Lidster, Toby Hadoke, Mark Ayres, the Guerrier Brothers

Holy crap, maybe a token woman? (Jac Rayner's too obvious, maybe send in Jackie Lane :-)

You need someone to liven it up though. Ian Levine and Lawrence Miles!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Considering Ian and Steve.Roberts past history and Ian repeatedly bashing Phil morris on Twitter that would make things very interesting
  • Options
    ewarwoowooewarwoowoo Posts: 174
    Forum Member

Ian Levine & Pamela Nash?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are famous! End of.
    Within our bubble of a few thousand fans. They are not famous in any meaningful sense. Definitive end of.
    Nice to see Web of Fear back on [video hosting site] [link removed]
    :o
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    He's attacking Morris again ...

https://twitter.com/IanLevine

I wish he'd just give it a rest already.
  • Options
    chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can someone provide a precis? I really don't understand Twitter and the way it lists messages and conversations.

One thing that is clear from the twitter page is that Ian mgiht give himself an aneurysm at any moment. :(

At least he hasn't shouted from the rooftops about someone's (not publicly announced) death yet though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can someone provide a precis? I really don't understand Twitter and the way it lists messages and conversations.

One thing that is clear from the twitter page is that Ian mgiht give himself an aneurysm at any moment. :(

At least he hasn't shouted from the rooftops about someone's (not publicly announced) death yet though.
    If you press "View Conversation" on some of the tweets, you will see the back and forth between Ian and other people.
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member

That was a new low for him last week.

The usual sycophants on Twitter continue to encourage his rants as well.