Options

Missing episode discovery rumours

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are famous! End of.

Nice to see Web of Fear back on dailymotion.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1b7b7o_the-web-of-fear-episode-2_tv?search_algo=1

FIXED that for you!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    That was a new low for him last week.

The usual sycophants on Twitter continue to encourage his rants as well.

Not as low as Vaneiz having a big cry because people are copying and pasting his quotes what he says on GB. If he has a problem that much dont go bloody posting on the net!
  • Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not as low as Vaneiz having a big cry because people are copying and pasting his quotes what he says on GB. If he has a problem that much dont go bloody posting on the net!
    To be fair, BleedingCool did sensationalise it into some sort of stand-off between Paul and the main rumour-monger, even though they hadn't really interacted on GB. It was very naive of Paul to think anything posted on GB could be kept confidential, though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I know its a public forum if it was a private forum registration would be locked and it never is.

Still not as bad as childish Roberts ripping a blank piece of paper up thats supposed to contain details of missing episodes of info collected off the net.

When I read and saw it two words popped in my head.

"Grow Up!"
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve Roberts has said "it is my opinion Phil definitely has found Marco Polo" on the Radio Free Skaro podcast 408. (16 minutes 5 seconds in).

http://www.radiofreeskaro.com/
  • Options
    JethrykJethryk Posts: 1,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    Steve Roberts has said "it is my opinion Phil definitely has found Marco Polo" on the Radio Free Skaro podcast 408. (16 minutes 5 seconds in).

Thanks for that, very interesting.
  • Options
    cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »

I hope so. I scoffed at people wanting it back more than others as it was a historical episode, however after seeing the 30 min version on the Edge of Destruction DVD it's made me realise the error of my ways.
  • Options
    TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cat666 wrote: »
    I hope so. I scoffed at people wanting it back more than others as it was a historical episode, however after seeing the 30 min version on the Edge of Destruction DVD it's made me realise the error of my ways.

I have watched the official summary version, the Black and White reconstruction and the Color reconstruction and I must say that the costumes and sets on the Marco Polo are second to none in the original run of the show. I would love to see it found, restored and released. :)

It would also do the wonderful thing of completing Doctor Who's first season.
  • Options
    bp2bp2 Posts: 1,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theophile wrote: »
    It would also do the wonderful thing of completing Doctor Who's first season.

No it wouldn't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bp2 wrote: »
    No it wouldn't.

While I can see where you are coming from, and technically you are correct, The Reign of Terror has been completed via animation. All of the other serials, including The Reign of Terror, of the season have been released on DVD.

While we can debate the completeness or incompleteness of The Reign of Terror and how it should count, it is very true that Marco Polo is the only unreleased serial of the first season.
  • Options
    Dr jake youngDr jake young Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    22nd February. Bet you that's when they will announce it. What better time to announce it that on it's 50th anniversary?

(plus i always thought it was a bit weird they decided to do a screening of the other episodes several months after they were released...)
  • Options
    grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I know its a public forum if it was a private forum registration would be locked and it never is.

Still not as bad as childish Roberts ripping a blank piece of paper up thats supposed to contain details of missing episodes of info collected off the net.

When I read and saw it two words popped in my head.

"Grow Up!"

Another post taking a shot at the restoration team. How tiresome. He was doing it for dramatic effect. Not being childish. The list was a list of eps that was to be in the process of being restored by the restoration team. Ripping up was a denial that they were restoring them. He tried straight denials multiple times so a more dramatic approach was required. He later said that he believes Phil has Marco polo but has no proof.
  • Options
    grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    22nd February. Bet you that's when they will announce it. What better time to announce it that on it's 50th anniversary?

(plus i always thought it was a bit weird they decided to do a screening of the other episodes several months after they were released...)

It's because the dvd of web is out on Monday. Eddie from outpost skaro said on Twitter that its just a screening of web and enemy and I doubt its anything else.
  • Options
    DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 6,018
    Forum Member
    Meanwhile someone else is claiming to have found an episode of the Celestial Toymaker and two episodes of the Faceless Ones, although this is widely believed to be yet another hoax:

http://missing-episodes.webs.com
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DiscoP wrote: »
    Meanwhile someone else is claiming to have found an episode of the Celestial Toymaker and two episodes of the Faceless Ones, although this is widely believed to be yet another hoax:

If it were true, then The Celestial Toymaker and The Faceless Ones would both be prime candidates for completion by animation. :)
  • Options
    bp2bp2 Posts: 1,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theophile wrote: »
    If it were true, then The Celestial Toymaker and The Faceless Ones would both be prime candidates for completion by animation. :)

You could say the Crusade is a candidate for animation. But at the moment that won't happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bp2 wrote: »
    You could say the Crusade is a candidate for animation. But at the moment that won't happen.

That is true, but I think the fact that those are both other-world serials means that they have a greater likelihood of being completed. Also, the closer we get to an absolute completion, the more likely they are, I think, of completing everything so that they have a full and complete run of the series available.
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Logically this is possible, that generation of fans would be elderly and certainly wouldn't want any media attention (I know I wouldn't want attention).

If they have been found I hope they release all 4 episodes of Faceless Ones and all 2 episodes of Celestial Toymaker that exist together on DVD.

Fingers crossed it isn't fake and this is some attention seeking muppet!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What is this website? :confused:
  • Options
    chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That weblink does provide more totally unverified info. So many "missing episodes discovered!" rumours of late, this is just another one to add to the collection.

Unusual to see Faceless Ones mentioned.

I don't expect it to be true, but hope springs (etc).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ITN Source wrote: »
    What is this website? :confused:

It's a freebie website created by this person:

https://twitter.com/MarkHenshaw76

Who is in a discussion of sorts with Ian Levine. Ian is convinced that it's a hoax but then he has been burnt quite a few times already. Apparently one of the giveaway signs that it's a hoax is when people start making demands on the BBC, such as they have to be broadcast freely etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Right so these 3 episodes have been found, the guy went to Paul V who would have told him to keep it quiet but he decided to post about it anyway. Why can the guy not reach into his pocket, pull out his iphone / android and video us the first 3 mins of each episode. Instantly the masses have proof he isn't trolling.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Right so these 3 episodes have been found, the guy went to Paul V who would have told him to keep it quiet but he decided to post about it anyway. Why can the guy not reach into his pocket, pull out his iphone / android and video us the first 3 mins of each episode. Instantly the masses have proof he isn't trolling.

The thing is, and I'm not saying that I believe this claim, but from listening to the podcast with Steve Roberts, it's not quite as simple as that. Hypothetically someone could have three film cans that are labelled as the episodes mentioned but they have no way of actually playing or recording them until they get someone like Paul V involved.
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

not sure an elderly or dying man first throughts would be to pull out his iphone :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_abbott wrote: »
    not sure an elderly or dying man first throughts would be to pull out his iphone :D

I meant this Mark person. He seems to have found time to create a website and a Twitter account, but strangely neglected to furnish either with proof positive he has said episodes. He claims he has seen them and he is bound to have a phone capable of taking pictures at the very least, so why not just take a few screen captures?

Ian Levine thinks it's BS, probably the same guy behind the Marco Polo thing. He has a slightly more believable hoax this time around, but it reeks of trolling.