Options

EE: Alfie is such a bleep bleep hypocrit!!!!

NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Alfie is telling Kat to stay away from Stacey yet look how he acted with Michael Moon.....who really was a potential cold blooded killer!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noush wrote: »
    Alfie is telling Kat to stay away from Stacey yet look how he acted with Michael Moon.....who really was a potential cold blooded killer!!!!!

Michael didn't actually kill anybody though.
  • Options
    MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    Noush wrote: »

The key word.

Stacey is a cold blooded killer. I can totally understand why Alfie doesn't want a wanted killer (I know she's not wanted for the murder) near his kids.
  • Options
    MutantXMutantX Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrWoodySir wrote: »
    The key word.

Stacey is a cold blooded killer. I can totally understand why Alfie doesn't want a wanted killer (I know she's not wanted for the murder) near his kids.

But it isn't as if Archie was an innocent person. He raped her and in that moment Stacey was too overcome with anger and she cracked. Yes she's a killer....but cold blooded?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MutantX wrote: »
    But it isn't as if Archie was an innocent person. He raped her and in that moment Stacey was too overcome with anger and she cracked. Yes she's a killer....but cold blooded?

People can't take the law into their own hands, not in any civilised society anyway.
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrWoodySir wrote: »
    The key word.

I wouldn't say cold blooded. She killed Archie out of anger after what he did to her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris Mark wrote: »
    People can't take the law into their own hands, not in any civilised society anyway.

That's easy to say if you haven't had anything horrible like rape, happen to you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danyell wrote: »
    That's easy to say if you haven't had anything horrible like rape, happen to you.

Are you suggesting we should live in a society where revenge killings would be the way of doing justice then? Such societies do exist and they are in among the most repressive countries on the planet. We had a similar way of doing things in Europe before we realised that retributive justice doesn't work.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Unbelievable.

No, nothing gives you the right to take the law into your own hands. Ever.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 139,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    Unbelievable.

No, nothing gives you the right to take the law into your own hands. Ever.

No but the meaning of cold blooded can be debated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No but the meaning of cold blooded can be debated.

I don't think she's a cold blooded killer.
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris Mark wrote: »
    Are you suggesting we should live in a society where revenge killings would be the way of doing justice then? Such societies do exist and they are in among the most repressive countries on the planet. We had a similar way of doing things in Europe before we realised that retributive justice doesn't work.

Excellent post.

I am actually shocked at the number of people on this forum who hold such contempt for the rule of law.

Stacey is a killer, regardless of whether the man she killed was a rapist, and she should be brought to justice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    I don't think she's a cold blooded killer.

Yeah I know but forgot to reply to the real person!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bass55 wrote: »
    Excellent post.

I am actually shocked at the number of people on this forum who hold such contempt for the rule of law.

Stacey is a killer, regardless of whether the man she killed was a rapist, and she should be brought to justice.

That's the key word here, justice not revenge. If it emerges that she committed the murder due to her condition then she deserves help and a chance to rehabilitate. All people convicted of a crime deserve that, although I suppose you could argue that some crimes are so awful that perhaps you can't be rehabilitated but generally I'd say that the justice system should be there for that reason.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't say I felt any sympathy for archie but he should have been put in prison
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just hear me out before you are on my case.

Archie was a evil man who went around raping vulnerable young women (Ronnie and Stacey), karma rightly came around to hit that heartless b*****d in the worst way possible. Archie deserved to die, but Stacey deserves some comeuppance for her actions as she had no right to take the life of another person.

I guess this is not really a conversation you can have if you were never raped.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,357
    Forum Member

Just out of interest how do you know that posters haven't had something like rape happen to them? Not everybody that has had a crime committed against them (even violent, sexual crime) becomes a vigilante or loses sight of what it is to live in a civilized society.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Just out of interest how do you know that posters haven't had something like rape happen to them? Not everybody that has had a crime committed against them (even violent, sexual crime) becomes a vigilante or loses sight of what it is to live in a civilized society.

Well said and very true.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well said. I've had my own demons, and I haven't turned vigilante. What would that have accomplished?
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alfie can be annoying but he was right about Ronnie and he's right about Stacey. In real life, how many people would want to associate with a child snatcher or a vigilante killer?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I was just saying you shouldn't judge someone for committing a crime out of anger and hatred of someone who hurt them severely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    Alfie can be annoying but he was right about Ronnie and he's right about Stacey. In real life, how many people would want to associate with a child snatcher or a vigilante killer?

But I didn't think anyone knew about her killing Arche except Max and Lauren.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Janine announced it to the vic!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janine announced it to the vic!

Oh yeah I forgot about that! Lol :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was just saying you shouldn't judge someone for committing a crime out of anger and hatred of someone who hurt them severely.

Sorry I disagree - 2 wrongs don't make a right. And you did seem to be implying that anyone that suffered rape would react in the same way as Stacey and it just isn't true. Some would, more wouldn't and sadly I do know what I'm talking about having been the victim of violence myself and knowing several rape victims very well.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Ronnie and Roxy both know. As did Janine, Ryan and Peggy and I seriously doubt that nobody has told Phil.