Options

Brit Awards 2014 - ITV 8pm

Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,343
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Well I'll start the thread. Is anyone looking forward to the rumoured performances of Pharrell & Nile Rogers, Beyonce, Ellie Goulding et al?

Comments

• Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »
    Well I'll start the thread. Is anyone looking forward to the rumoured performances of Pharrell & Nile Rogers, Beyonce, Ellie Goulding et al?

not really, but i will be flicking between the folk awards and the brits and will probably settle on the folk awards
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not the same is it? I'm showing my age now there doesn't seem to be any buzz at all.
  • Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,879
    Forum Member
    Always watch The Brits, in fact I've been watching right from the time when Noe Edmonds presented then and they were called the Britannia Music Awards.

Not a huge fan of James Corden's hosting, I imagine he will be fawning all over Harry Styles again as he did last year.

Some decent music and artists up for awards tonight and it's not live this year is it, it's being recorded as live with about an hour's delay.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »
    Always watch The Brits, in fact I've been watching right from the time when Noe Edmonds presented then and they were called the Britannia Music Awards.

Not a huge fan of James Corden's hosting, I imagine he will be fawning all over Harry Styles again as he did last year.

Some decent music and artists up for awards tonight and it's not live this year is it, it's being recorded as live with about an hour's delay.

Same
    Didn't know there was a delay. How things have changed. Playing it too safe now?
  • Options
    jimbo1962jimbo1962 Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just what we need, another round of overhyped pricks back slapping.
  • Options
    The WulfrunianThe Wulfrunian Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think anyone with a love for music would avoid the Brits
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the first year that I can remember I have no interest in watching the event nor do I care who wins what. I have looked at the nominees and with the possible exception of David Bowie, they are either a load of crap or acts that I haven't heard of.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »
    It's not the same is it? I'm showing my age now there doesn't seem to be any buzz at all.

Nowhere near the same as when Oasis and Blur were fighting it out and on it.
  • Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,879
    Forum Member
    Nowhere near the same as when Oasis and Blur were fighting it out and on it.

Or indeed Chumbawumba and John Prescott:D
  • Options
    owen10owen10 Posts: 128,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think John Newman will get Best British Male and Daft Punk should get Best International group
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    owen10 wrote: »
    I think John Newman will get Best British Male and Daft Punk should get International group

It shows that the Brits are not for me when I haven't heard of either of those acts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or Michael Jackson singing Earth Song to Jarvis Cocker mooning!
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Needs more Brandon Block.
    LINK
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely not the same these days

Harking back to when Damon Alborn and Liam Gallagher were feuding and the Spice Girls had a go at Liam Gallagher when he said he would chin them if he ever saw them

Or even better the Sam Fox and Mick Fleetwood shambles in 1989 when everything that could go wrong did go wrong :D
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I might watch after poundshop wars, if I get bored there is always infested living with parasites on BBC4.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might watch after poundshop wars, if I get bored there is always infested living with parasites on BBC4.

I'll be switching over to the original Day of the Dead on Horror Channel if these awards get tedious
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    Definitely not the same these days

Harking back to when Damon Alborn and Liam Gallagher were feuding and the Spice Girls had a go at Liam Gallagher when he said he would chin them if he ever saw them

Or even better the Sam Fox and Mick Fleetwood shambles in 1989 when everything that could go wrong did go wrong :D

Shambles is a polite way of saying it :D
  • Options
    kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As usual it will be some good, but more bad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right here we go, the 2014 car crash begins ;)
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just going to watch and tut at the blandness of music since around the year 2000 onwards.
  • Options
    anteroantero Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    Corden is already boring me and he has said half a sentence
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Here we go,,, i hope someone hits Corden
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I'm sure Arctic Monkeys have better songs than this