Options

Chris Moyles Tax Dodging

pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a553053/chris-moyles-claimed-to-be-second-hand-car-dealer-in-tax-scheme.html

First Carr was exposed, now him. How many other big names were / are doing this?

Comments

• Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't forget Gary Barlow. But so many chose to forgive him for some reason.
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a slob anyway.
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    He looked more like a slob 10 years ago. He may not have a regular gig, but far from a slob!

He has issued an apology on twitter. It was a very silly mistake.
  • Options
    chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    Keira Knightley is also a tax dodger. DM did a big story on it once, but have kept mum and continued to praise every single thing she does ever since.
  • Options
    floozie_21floozie_21 Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd bet my life savings on the majority of celebrities finding loopholes to avoid tax.

And I agree with Ollie; Chris Moyles is not a slob these days.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keira Knightley is also a tax dodger. DM did a big story on it once, but have kept mum and continued to praise every single thing she does ever since.

The two articles the DM did were one on how she would have to pay tax on a freebie she was given and she did not know , as did many other Brits in the USA as they brought in a law which says celebs have to pay tax on goodie bags etc .

The second was that she paid not much tax one year as she only paid herself $ 46,000.00 The thing is she paid herself that and she paid tax on it the rest of her earnings stayed in the company if and when she takes more she will pay more tax so she is hardy a tax dodger , just being sensible .
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    He looked more like a slob 10 years ago. He may not have a regular gig, but far from a slob!

That's true, I didn't recognize him the last time he popped up on tv. He looks far better for it.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    He's a slob anyway.

I have never known a slob to be able to climb Mount Kilimanjaro with no problems at all.

I think Mr Moyles is brilliant.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    He's a slob anyway.

This is how he looked last week while running with Davina. Not a slob anymore as you can see

http://d1djwdqlpb5w0v.cloudfront.net/sites/sportrelief.com/files/styles/grid-all-columns-fluid/public/dav_video_day7_2_0.jpg?itok=aX4qdv04
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Abraca wrote: »
    This is how he looked last week while running with Davina. Not a slob anymore as you can see

http://d1djwdqlpb5w0v.cloudfront.net/sites/sportrelief.com/files/styles/grid-all-columns-fluid/public/dav_video_day7_2_0.jpg?itok=aX4qdv04

:o those little legs, I'm sure he's about a third of the size he used to be back in the Radio 1 days.
  • Options
    Department_SDepartment_S Posts: 4,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His response to these claims was pathetic and lame-but then how could it have been anything else?

Very true but this scheme wouldn't have been his own idea- it will be advice given to him some Shylock style sinister advisors who have an arms length list of mega earning celebs to sort their tax out. It won't be just BBC employees although papers like the DM will try and highlight them first. The only thing I agree with what the Mail do. There will be plenty that need to be exposed and perhaps HMRC should have more power and resources to investigate these shadowy suited "accountants".
  • Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People like him are the reason why us mere hardworking mortals get hammered, I have no time for tax avoiding scum, considering he lied to gain a tax break is fraud in my book, if that had been any of us hardworking tax payers we would be inside.

As far as I'm concerned all scumlebrities can do one. He is a grubby disgusting ****

I hope HMRC names everyone of those sleazy 450 other scumbags.
  • Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I have never known a slob to be able to climb Mount Kilimanjaro with no problems at all.

I think Mr Moyles is brilliant.

I find it sad folk look up to this grubby disgusting tax cheat?
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abraca wrote: »

Wow! :o

I had to look carefully.
    He's almost unrecognizable. :o

That does not excuse tax avoidance though.>:(
  • Options
    Blockz99Blockz99 Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member
    floozie_21 wrote: »
    I'd bet my life savings on the majority of celebrities finding loopholes to avoid tax.

And I agree with Ollie; Chris Moyles is not a slob these days.

Let's hope this is just the beginning in exposing these hypocrites ....this could be as big as the MPs expense scandal .;-)
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'I was naive'.

No, you were simply greedy, you big, hideous, hypocritical twunt.
  • Options
    BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    Don't forget Gary Barlow. But so many chose to forgive him for some reason.

I know, this Tory brown noser seems to have curried enough favour to slip under the radar with his tax avoidance scam, funny that.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »

I'm guessing this was because he's been exposed. I bet he'd have carried on dodging it if he hadn't have been exposed.
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Headline this morning "I was naive". Should read "I am as thick as Sxxt."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is it always BBC employees?

As if the £145 a year tax wasn't enough, their employees love rubbing the tax payers nose in it.
  • Options
    RadioKnowerRadioKnower Posts: 2,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That does not excuse tax avoidance though.>:(
    It's not relevant. I bet he's given more to the taxman than you, so who are you to judge?
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    His response to these claims was pathetic and lame-but then how could it have been anything else?
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,024
    Forum Member
    Blockz99 wrote: »
    Let's hope this is just the beginning in exposing these hypocrites ....this could be as big as the MPs expense scandal .;-)
    HM Revenue and Customs is writing to 450 other celebrities and wealthy individuals who took part in the same tax avoidance scheme to demand they pay the tax they owe
    He filed a self-assessment tax return that claimed he had “engaged in self-employment as a used car trader” during the year to April 2008.

Could it be the reason he quit radio, to lower his profile?
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He should be ordered to repay all that unpaid tax. :mad:

Like we all do.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,024
    Forum Member
    It's not relevant. I bet he's given more to the taxman than you, so who are you to judge?

How about a Judge who specializes in Tax? Who's ruling was the result of an appeal by Moyles.
    The 'Working wheels' tax avoidance scheme, popular with Britain's high earners who want to avoid paying their full tax, involves posing as a used car salesman on you tax return form.

In Moyles' case, he claimed he had totaled £1m of losses during the course of selling £3,731 worth of used cars.