Options

Three 4G Rollout | Free 4G for ALL!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    AlecR wrote: »
    >:( - how many times: they don't know, they have no idea.

How you mean?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does anyone have the Samsung galaxy s3 GT-I9305 lte version? If so have you had the update?
  • Options
    jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    >:( - how many times: they don't know, they have no idea.

Why would Three have no idea about their own company?

Anyway, great to see loads of positive posts about people getting 4G. I'm really surprised how many areas people are reporting they are getting 4G in. Will be good to see how fast they expand in those areas.
  • Options
    wavejockglwwavejockglw Posts: 10,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's ridiculous how complicated 3 seem to have made their 4G available to customers. What a pantomime with so many asking when and how their devices can access it. Very, very messy comapered with other networks who just switched on 4G when folks upgraded or when they decided to add it for free.

Hopefully all customers on 3 will have 4G access now where it is available if they have the appropriate equipment to use it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just wish I had it.
  • Options
    AlecRAlecR Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    Why would Three have no idea about their own company?

Anyway, great to see loads of positive posts about people getting 4G. I'm really surprised how many areas people are reporting they are getting 4G in. Will be good to see how fast they expand in those areas.

You're asking a level 1 support agent whether they know about the plans decided by the company executives, which by the way, haven't even been announced. So, I repeat: they have no idea.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Yes. Had 4.1.2 on my SP with no 4G option. Installed 4.3 with flash tools and the option was there but it says LTE instead of 4G.

Thanks for your reply, but I checked how to flash my phone and it said I must first unlock my boot loader???
    Starting to get way too complicated for me,it said all DRMs will be lost?? etc.
    Life shouldn't be this hard surely :confused::confused:
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    It's ridiculous how complicated 3 seem to have made their 4G available to customers. What a pantomime with so many asking when and how their devices can access it. Very, very messy comapered with other networks who just switched on 4G when folks upgraded or when they decided to add it for free.

Hopefully all customers on 3 will have 4G access now where it is available if they have the appropriate equipment to use it.

What on earth are you talking about? What other networks just turned it on? Oh, and no other network has it free for all customers.

You find any excuse to bash 3 don't you!! They have the fastest rollout of any network. They have 4G here in Dundee where no other network does!!

This post however does remind me of another user who was just recently banned. Same mistakes on the same words....Funny that...
  • Options
    Andrew_ReidAndrew_Reid Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    No 4G in Glasgow yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You're asking a level 1 support agent whether they know about the plans decided by the company executives, which by the way, haven't even been announced. So, I repeat: they have no idea.

I've found Threes "level one" (as you put it) customer service reps to be knowledge and helpful at all times. They rarely give out misinformation on a general call. But hey... that's just my opinion.

Same with O2 as well, I'd say that Three and O2 have the most knowledgable customer service reps.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for your reply, but I checked how to flash my phone and it said I must first unlock my boot loader???
    Starting to get way too complicated for me,it said all DRMs will be lost?? etc.
    Life shouldn't be this hard surely :confused::confused:

I never had that issue with mine. Sony is rolling out 4.3 but it doesn't seem to have hit the UK yet so I guess you'll have to wait.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No 4G in Glasgow yet.

There is some but it is limited to 3's Bath Street contact centre and a couple of sites covering Commonwealth Games venues in the East End and Scotstoun. I have seen no evidence of upgrades at shared MBNL sites to install 4G cabinets for 3 in Glasgow so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There is some but it is limited to 3's Bath Street contact centre and a couple of sites covering Commonwealth Games venues in the East End and Scotstoun. I have seen no evidence of upgrades at shared MBNL sites to install 4G cabinets for 3 in Glasgow so far.

But I thought you said that Three won't get 4G in Glasgow at all until mid 2014. In fact you were going around stating that as fact.
  • Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    What on earth are you talking about? What other networks just turned it on? Oh, and no other network has it free for all customers.

You find any excuse to bash 3 don't you!! They have the fastest rollout of any network. They have 4G here in Dundee where no other network does!!

This post however does remind me of another user who was just recently banned. Same mistakes on the same words....Funny that...

Here here!! I agree with everything said in that post.
  • Options
    AxeVictimAxeVictim Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »

He has a valid point.Even if im in a 4G area i have no option on the phone to select it.If i use an O2 or EE sim the option is there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AxeVictim wrote: »
    He has a valid point.Even if im in a 4G area i have no option on the phone to select it.If i use an O2 or EE sim the option is there.

Even O2 and EE customers had to be on the latest software before accessing 4G on some phones.

Many customers on O2 and EE had no access to the LTE toggle on their phones before the 4G launch.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    I never had that issue with mine. Sony is rolling out 4.3 but it doesn't seem to have hit the UK yet so I guess you'll have to wait.

Thanks for your help :)

But surely not all xperia owners have to flash an upgrade themselves to get them to work?
    These phones were sold as 4g ready last year? with the old firmware.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No idea when city wide 4G will be available in Glasgow but it is clearly not planned before the summer which is what I have stated for months. Glasgow is on the list of cities and towns to be upgraded in 2014 but no dates have been promised. The coverage of Commonwealth Games sites is obvious as the same happened with the London 2012 Olympic games. All the networks will make arrangements to ensure the press etc have coverage at such a big event.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No idea when city wide 4G will be available in Glasgow but it is clearly niyt planned before the summer which is what I have stated for months.

Actually that's not what you said at all before. You clearly said before that Three wouldn't roll out 4G in glasgow at all as you hadn't seen any evidence of there being any 4G at all. And you said that Three would not have 4G in Glasgow at all until mid 2014.

So you're lying here. You also refused to believe it at first when Glasgow was showing a 4G service on Three's coverage checker. So once again, you'll post anything to support your anti Three agenda, even if you're proven wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    While I was talking to three level 1 today he totally gave me the wrong info on how the 4g updates are sent out he said they come from Samsung and not three , I knew this was wrong and asked to speak to level 2 who then told me he was wrong and the update batches are still being sent out by three and should be completed by march, it seems three CS don't always know what they're talking about!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While I was talking to three level 1 today he totally gave me the wrong info on how the 4g updates are sent out he said they come from Samsung and not three , I knew this was wrong and asked to speak to level 2 who then told me he was wrong and the update batches are still being sent out by three and should be completed by march, it seems three CS don't always know what they're talking about!

They might both be right, maybe it depends if it's Three branded firmware or not.

We're still not at the end of March yet anyway, which is when Three said everyone will be able to use it. If you still don't get it after then look for updates on your phone then log a support case with Three.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fact there is little 4G in Glasgow on 3 and only Commonwealth Games sites are in the coverage area stated on 3's coverage checker. The games are in summer so that seems to be the priority, which is not surprising, but there is no work taking place across the city now to install extra 4G cabinets at MBNL shared sites as far as I can see. It may happen soon though but will take time to install.

It's Saturday night and there are better things to do than state the obvious about what mobile networks are doing!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fact there is little 4G in Glasgow on 3 and only Commonwealth Games sites are in the coverage area stated on 3's coverage checker. The games are in summer so that seems to be the priority, which is not surprising, but there is no work taking place across the city now to install extra 4G cabinets at MBNL shared sites as far as I can see. It may happen soon though but will take time to install.

It's Saturday night and there are better things to do than state the obvious about what mobile networks are doing!

You can't judge a network by 1 location though, O2 has no 4G in Bristol yet Three does, same in many other areas. Over the months I suspect Three's rollout will be very fast, and of course free for all customers too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    They might both be right, maybe it depends if it's Three branded firmware or not.

We're still not at the end of March yet anyway, which is when Three said everyone will be able to use it. If you still don't get it after then look for updates on your phone then log a support case with Three.

I've done nothing but look for updates via OTA and on a PC with kies and it just says I'm upto date ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If I was to get my phone updated to 4.4 kitkat do you reckon it will then show the LTE settings?
This discussion has been closed.