Options

Missing episode discovery rumours

Comments

• Options
    nextexitnextexit Posts: 1,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    People who were right about Enemy/Web have said Easter (or +/- 2 weeks on either side)

I hope they throw us a bone in April at least, for no other reason than the internet will go into ming mong meltdown if nothing happens.

Though to be clear, they've never claimed that there will definitely be an announcement then, just that it's wanted by some of the various parties involved though it's 50/50 as to whether it will happen. Which obviously won't stop the 2nd part quoted above happening when it doesn't occur but there we go :p
  • Options
    adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's probable Hadoke's comment was a joke.

Out of context quotes from this sort of event probably aren't that helpful at present, no matter what they are.

Hadoke was there as a host / compere, I believe, and was answering questions as a representative of the BBC. Why would he be joking? What would be the point?

And why do people think they'll be any kind of announcement at Easter? I know this has been rumoured for some time, but we've had nothing verifiable from any reliable genuine source to this effect have we?
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adams66 wrote: »
    Hadoke was there as a host / compere, I believe, and was answering questions as a representative of the BBC. Why would he be joking? What would be the point?

He's a stand up. I saw him at the Edinburgh fringe 2 years ago I think. Full of jokes it was. Sadly for him I think the taped intro of Tom Baker calling him Toby Haddock may have been the best one, mind. ;-)
  • Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one except Phil Morris knows what will happen, though I hope they throw us a bone in April at least, for no other reason than the internet will go into ming mong meltdown if nothing happens.
    I can only think of one ming mong who will go into proper meltdown and tweet a load of abuse at Morris.

If nothing happens at Easter, we will just have to keep waiting. Nothing has been stated openly by anyone at BBC Worldwide or its affiliates, so the ming mongs would have to be very mingy mongy indeed to get angry over the non-delivery of something they were never promised.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can only think of one ming mong who will go into proper meltdown and tweet a load of abuse at Morris.

Why does Ian Levine's name randomly sound the guy your referring to.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If nothing happens at Easter, we will just have to keep waiting. Nothing has been stated openly by anyone at BBC Worldwide or its affiliates, so the ming mongs would have to be very mingy mongy indeed to get angry over the non-delivery of something they were never promised.

Well IL doesn't believe Easter is on anyway, due to the fact he doesn't think Roberts/Vanezis are lying about nothing else being restored, and that stuff will only be announced when it's about to go on sale.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You'd think, wouldn't you...
    But the sort of people who'd complain about the non-delivery of something that they were never promised anyway don't really inhabit the same planet as Common Sense... :)
  • Options
    grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a stand up. I saw him at the Edinburgh fringe 2 years ago I think. Full of jokes it was. Sadly for him I think the taped intro of Tom Baker calling him Toby Haddock may have been the best one, mind. ;-)

Don't forget the sign language for dalek. Thought the show Was hillarious
  • Options
    cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I gave up hoping for Marco Polo and started watching Keys of Marinus.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even if this 90 ep or whatever number it is up to find by Phil is true and Phil hands it back to the BBC today it will be 3 and a half years before every episode is restored by the restoration team. It takes 2 weeks to restore an ep and times that by 90 odd.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grazey1985 wrote: »
    Even if this 90 ep or whatever number it is up to find by Phil is true and Phil hands it back to the BBC today it will be 3 and a half years before every episode is restored by the restoration team. It takes 2 weeks to restore an ep and times that by 90 odd.
    Didn't the 90 rumour include the 9 which have now been released? If so, that would be 10% of the job done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't the 90 rumour include the 9 which have now been released? If so, that would be 10% of the job done.

I heard the number is now at about 96 out of 97 or thereabouts depending on who you believe .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I heard the number is now at about 96 out of 97 or thereabouts depending on who you believe .
    I'm open to the idea that more episodes have been found. I'm open to the idea that the total may be in double figures. This would have seemed ridiculous a few months ago.

However, the rumour that almost everything has been recovered is proper mental.
  • Options
    GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm open to the idea that more episodes have been found. I'm open to the idea that the total may be in double figures. This would have seemed ridiculous a few months ago.

agreed,just cant see it myself either,but im happily prepared to be wrong :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In agreement. Would be happy if total is half that.
  • Options
    SambdaSambda Posts: 6,213
    Forum Member
    M@nterik wrote: »
    People would be amazed where the leaks are coming from too :)

There is no evidence that any "leaks" are coming from anywhere. The Enemy/Web thing is the only verifiable leak there has ever been in this whole saga.
  • Options
    brouhahabrouhaha Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That would be fine, though, wouldn't it? If we knew such and such a story was going to be released on DVD eventually, there wouldn't be a problem in waiting. We've waited years for stories which existed in the archives to be released while they worked through the DVD release schedule, so it'd just be a new release schedule to be worked through. I know some people want EVERYTHING! NOW! but I'm sure most others would happily wait.

It's all academic, though, as far as I'm concerned. I don't believe anything else has been found anymore. I'm starting to smell the unmistakeable stench of bullshit with all these rumours.
  • Options
    DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,932
    Forum Member
    brouhaha wrote: »
    That would be fine, though, wouldn't it? If we knew such and such a story was going to be released on DVD eventually, there wouldn't be a problem in waiting. We've waited years for stories which existed in the archives to be released while they worked through the DVD release schedule, so it'd just be a new release schedule to be worked through. I know some people want EVERYTHING! NOW! but I'm sure most others would happily wait.

It's all academic, though, as far as I'm concerned. I don't believe anything else has been found anymore. I'm starting to smell the unmistakeable stench of bullshit with all these rumours.

I quite agree. I have no problem in waiting and it gives people time to save up their shiny pebbles to buy the episodes. It's just the not knowing what is going on or who to believe that is getting rather tiresome.

I made the mistake of checking out Who Harmony's twitter yesterday. He was completely convinced that there would be an announcement at midnight, then when that didn't happen he thought it would be this morning, then when that didn't happen it changed to a midweek announcement. Painful. I expect his messages have been more or less the same for months and will continue in the same vain for many more months (even years?) to come.
  • Options
    M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    adams66 wrote: »

And why do people think they'll be any kind of announcement at Easter? I know this has been rumoured for some time, but we've had nothing verifiable from any reliable genuine source to this effect have we?

Hadoke was there as a host/compere.

His response, as reported elsewhere, was it is not back at the BBC.

Hiring someone as a compere for an afternoon does not bestow upon them official representative status of BBC Worldwide.
  • Options
    M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    Sambda wrote: »
    There is no evidence that any "leaks" are coming from anywhere. The Enemy/Web thing is the only verifiable leak there has ever been in this whole saga.

Oh there is plenty of evidence out there about where leaks are coming from. Just because you are not aware of it does not change that.

Of course EW is the only verifiable leak but that is not quite the same.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh there is plenty of evidence out there about where leaks are coming from. Just because you are not aware of it does not change that.

Of course EW is the only verifiable leak but that is not quite the same.

Such as? Just name one genuinely verifiable piece of evidence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hadoke was there as a host/compere.

His response, as reported elsewhere, was it is not back at the BBC.

Hiring someone as a compere for an afternoon does not bestow upon them official representative status of BBC Worldwide.

He clearly had the authority to answer questions regarding further missing episodes - this surely is as close to an 'official' response as we're going to get.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    DiscoP wrote: »
    *snip*
    I made the mistake of checking out Who Harmony's twitter yesterday. He was completely convinced that there would be an announcement at midnight, then when that didn't happen he thought it would be this morning, then when that didn't happen it changed to a midweek announcement. Painful. I expect his messages have been more or less the same for months and will continue in the same vain for many more months (even years?) to come.

Sounds way to much like those nutters who sell all their possessions and go up into the mountains to await the saucermen to take them away.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sambda wrote: »

The Omni-Rumour!

A full summary -

Season One -

Marco Polo - found, three copies seems to have been recovered, with the best possible compilation being made for restoration. Slated for release in the next announcement.

Reign of Terror - parts 4 and 5 found. No word on whether it's being restored or not. But I expect it to be released on iTunes in the next announcement.

Season Two -

Planet of Giants 3/4 - I did hear a rumor about the fourth part being found, but for now, I don't believe it.

The Crusade - found in full. Better prints of episode 1, at least. I expect them to be released in the next announcement.

The Time Meddler - duplicates are found, and better prints. I don't know when they'll release these new finds.

I would not be surprised if they did a Season One and Season Two boxset this year.

Season Three -

Galaxy 4 - found in full. Better prints for the existing episode. I do not know when they'll be released, but I hope it's the next announcement.

MTTU - reported to be found. I find this a bit hard to believe, but more likely than not.

Myth Makers - all reported to be found. Probably being worked on. I don't know when they'll be released, but I think it'll be in the next announcement.

DMP - okay. 4, 7, 11, and 12 reported to be found. 1, 3, 6, 8, and 9 are uncertain. 9 is reported to be a sole remaining missing episode, according to Eddie on OS. I'll believe when I see it, although 4, 7, 11, and 12 are likely. 11 and 12 are in the process of being unwound.

Massacre - all found. Should be restored already or in the process. Should be in the next announcement.

Celestial Toymaker - all found. Same as Massacre.

The Savages - all found. Unknown about being restored or not, but more likely than not. I hope that it's in the next announcement.

Season Four -

The Smugglers - all found. A highly likely title to be released in the next announcement, probably restored.

The Tenth Planet Part Four - found, twice. Not a TIEA find. Uncertain on when it'll be released.

Power of the Daleks - all six episodes found. Four of the six episodes have footage missing, but not significantly so. Likely to be one of the last releases.

Highlanders - all found. Some of the prints will need work, and may be low quality prints.

The Underwater Menace - all found. UWM 1 may have two prints. Animation was reported earlier to be canceled, but may start up again later. Uncertain on the status of restoration or release.

The Moonbase - all found. Uncertain on the status of restoration or release.

Macra Terror - all found. Being worked on or already restored. Uncertain if it will be in the next announcement.

Faceless Ones - all found. No other information.

Evil of the Daleks - all found. In excellent condition. Very, very good sources to confirm the recovery of this store. No word on restoration or release.

Season Five -

Tomb of the Cybermen - duplicates may have been found.

Abominable Snowmen - all found. Episodes 4 and 5 need work. Recoverable, though. Uncertain on status of restoration or release. Rumored to be part of a Yeti boxset.

Ice Warriors - all found. Episodes 2 and 3 were thought to be missing until very late into the omnirumor. No other information.

Web of Fear - all found. Episode 3 exists. No other information that can be shared at this time.

Fury from the Deep - all found. Very good sources for this story. Uncertain on status of restoration or release.

Wheel in Space - all found. No other information.

Season Six -

The Invasion - all found. Episodes 1 and 4 were thought to be missing until very late into the omnirumor.

The Space Pirates - all found. No other information.

Miscellaneous -

Easter announcement is likely. Plans are in motion.

Two planned announcements this year.

TIEA is not the only entity that found missing episodes. There are other episode hunters.

Private collectors have been utilized.

BBCWW, BBC, BFI, and TIEA are all involved.

Hundreds of duplicates exist.

Non-DW finds will have a separate announcement.
  • Options
    Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    The Omni-Rumour!

A full summary -

Season One -

Marco Polo - found, three copies seems to have been recovered, with the best possible compilation being made for restoration. Slated for release in the next announcement.

Reign of Terror - parts 4 and 5 found. No word on whether it's being restored or not. But I expect it to be released on iTunes in the next announcement.

Season Two -

Planet of Giants 3/4 - I did hear a rumor about the fourth part being found, but for now, I don't believe it.

The Crusade - found in full. Better prints of episode 1, at least. I expect them to be released in the next announcement.

The Time Meddler - duplicates are found, and better prints. I don't know when they'll release these new finds.

I would not be surprised if they did a Season One and Season Two boxset this year.

Season Three -

Galaxy 4 - found in full. Better prints for the existing episode. I do not know when they'll be released, but I hope it's the next announcement.

MTTU - reported to be found. I find this a bit hard to believe, but more likely than not.

Myth Makers - all reported to be found. Probably being worked on. I don't know when they'll be released, but I think it'll be in the next announcement.

DMP - okay. 4, 7, 11, and 12 reported to be found. 1, 3, 6, 8, and 9 are uncertain. 9 is reported to be a sole remaining missing episode, according to Eddie on OS. I'll believe when I see it, although 4, 7, 11, and 12 are likely. 11 and 12 are in the process of being unwound.

Massacre - all found. Should be restored already or in the process. Should be in the next announcement.

Celestial Toymaker - all found. Same as Massacre.

The Savages - all found. Unknown about being restored or not, but more likely than not. I hope that it's in the next announcement.

Season Four -

The Smugglers - all found. A highly likely title to be released in the next announcement, probably restored.

The Tenth Planet Part Four - found, twice. Not a TIEA find. Uncertain on when it'll be released.

Power of the Daleks - all six episodes found. Four of the six episodes have footage missing, but not significantly so. Likely to be one of the last releases.

Highlanders - all found. Some of the prints will need work, and may be low quality prints.

The Underwater Menace - all found. UWM 1 may have two prints. Animation was reported earlier to be canceled, but may start up again later. Uncertain on the status of restoration or release.

The Moonbase - all found. Uncertain on the status of restoration or release.

Macra Terror - all found. Being worked on or already restored. Uncertain if it will be in the next announcement.

Faceless Ones - all found. No other information.

Evil of the Daleks - all found. In excellent condition. Very, very good sources to confirm the recovery of this store. No word on restoration or release.

Season Five -

Tomb of the Cybermen - duplicates may have been found.

Abominable Snowmen - all found. Episodes 4 and 5 need work. Recoverable, though. Uncertain on status of restoration or release. Rumored to be part of a Yeti boxset.

Ice Warriors - all found. Episodes 2 and 3 were thought to be missing until very late into the omnirumor. No other information.

Web of Fear - all found. Episode 3 exists. No other information that can be shared at this time.

Fury from the Deep - all found. Very good sources for this story. Uncertain on status of restoration or release.

Wheel in Space - all found. No other information.

Season Six -

The Invasion - all found. Episodes 1 and 4 were thought to be missing until very late into the omnirumor.

The Space Pirates - all found. No other information.

Miscellaneous -

Easter announcement is likely. Plans are in motion.

Two planned announcements this year.

TIEA is not the only entity that found missing episodes. There are other episode hunters.

Private collectors have been utilized.

BBCWW, BBC, BFI, and TIEA are all involved.

Hundreds of duplicates exist.

Non-DW finds will have a separate announcement.

To me, the idea that absolutely everything except a few episodes of DMP has been found is madness. My own take on it is that Marco Polo is all but confirmed, Massacre and Myth are very likely, and Evil of the Daleks is also looking increasingly likely. Not getting my hopes up about anything else.