Options

Susannah Reid going to ITV

Comments

• Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    Like it or loathe it TV-AM post the famous five revamp was the most popular incarnation and most profitable breakfast show to date (in fact the worlds most profitable TV Channel at one point based on costs and turnover etc )

Which is why all of the Famous Five were sacked. ;):D:o

And Ms Reid will soon join the 'We Made A Mistake' group. :D
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which is why all of the Famous Five were sacked. ;):D:o

And Ms Reid will soon join the 'We Made A Mistake' group. :D

Maybe they should give in to nostalgia, buy the TV-Am name and bring back Roland rat , who knows .
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe they should give in to nostalgia, buy the TV-Am name and bring back Roland rat , who knows .

I do think the sofa set-up has had its day.

ITV should be a bit more innovative. As I said before they should copy the way Sky News does breakfast.

And for that you could get any Tom, Dick or Harriet. ;)

Makes you wonder who is making these idiotic decisions at ITV. Who in their right mind thinks Ms Reid is worth ONE MILLION, just because she was dancing on Strictly.:confused::confused:

Which makes you think why aren't they trying to sign Abbey Clancy?
  • Options
    groovesectiongroovesection Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well you said it's laughable and disgusting that her wage was so high, so it kind of is. Would it still be laughable and disgusting if you were being paid £250k a year?

Ross and Norton never personally received the figures posted.

Why are you constantly changing the subject from the extortionate wages of BBC employees and turning it around to telling me I would not feel the same if I was paid that much.
    You have no idea how much I earn or am worth financially and I can tell you now due to a Trust set-up by my Grandad I have a hell of a lot more than £250,000 and as a result I am lucky enough to be able to not work for a living.
    But that is a moot point, My posts were all about the disgusting over paid BBC presenters at the expense of the TVL paying public and the way these "stars" use commercial TV stations offers to rinse the BBC for wage increases.
    It was not long ago that all the BBC news readers took strike action, If i was the DG I would have sacked the lot.
    BBC employees are well rewarded (with nice pensions too) but they all seem to think they are somewhat worth more!
    It is simply greed imo
  • Options
    mikwmikw Posts: 48,715
    Forum Member
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    A factual point of interest:

The Ross deal was to his production company, Hot Sauce.

Both the Ross & Norton production companies then produced the shows for the BBC, paid for by the £18m and £2.6million respectively. The costs would have included the costs of camera & sound crews, studios & technicians, production teams as well as costs associated with securing the celebrities to interview and the music guests to play.

Spot on!

Ross wasn't actually paid £18 million.

It's amazing how often this has to be pointed out, classic bit of newspaper spin that's sunk itself into the public consciousness.

As you say, the production companies got the money.
  • Options
    mikwmikw Posts: 48,715
    Forum Member
    Why are you constantly changing the subject from the extortionate wages of BBC employees and turning it around to telling me I would not feel the same if I was paid that much.
    You have no idea how much I earn or am worth financially and I can tell you now due to a Trust set-up by my Grandad I have a hell of a lot more than £250,000 and as a result I am lucky enough to be able to not work for a living.
    But that is a moot point, My posts were all about the disgusting over paid BBC presenters at the expense of the TVL paying public and the way these "stars" use commercial TV stations offers to rinse the BBC for wage increases.
    It was not long ago that all the BBC news readers took strike action, If i was the DG I would have sacked the lot.
    BBC employees are well rewarded (with nice pensions too) but they all seem to think they are somewhat worth more!
    It is simply greed imo

They get very good wages, but their equivilants in the commercial sector get more.

As the Susannah Reid case is a good example of....
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikw wrote: »
    They get very good wages, but their equivilants in the commercial sector get more.

As the Susannah Reid case is a good example of....

£20,000 a week is a big increase on what she was getting at the BBC. This is according to what I've read.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,034
    Forum Member
    It is simply greed imo

People are paid what they are deemed to be worth. If somebody is willing to pay somebody £250,000 a year to work for them, then at that point they are worth £250,000 a year. Footballers, TV personalities, musicians, they are worth what somebody is willing to pay for them.

My point is I wonder how many people who say celebrities are overpaid would turn down £250,000, or the £1m reported ITV are willing to pay Reid, if their bosses offered it to them. I doubt many would say no to such wages if they were in that position so why should people like Susannah Reid?

I didn't tell you that you would feel differently, I asked if you would. Funnily enough, it's a question most people won't answer when these big wage stories come out.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC employees are well rewarded (with nice pensions too) but they all seem to think they are somewhat worth more!It is simply greed imo

To be fair permanent employees which are mainly management and admin get pensions, the "talent" who are self employed/contracted do not get pensions.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Roland Rat would be more watchable than anything currently airing on breakfast TV. :o
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    £20,000 a week is a big increase on what she was getting at the BBC. This is according to what I've read.
    Rooney gets 10x more but Susanna's legs are better.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Correction, Rooney now gets 15x more
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26287482
    but don't forget, Susanna's hair is better as well
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OT but Rooney's salary disgusts me.>:(
  • Options
    jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they say she has to show cleavage cor
  • Options
    groovesectiongroovesection Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair permanent employees which are mainly management and admin get pensions, the "talent" who are self employed/contracted do not get pensions.

My mistake, thank you for correcting me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Strictly Come Dancing made Susanna Reid a star, but it appears to have cost the BBC Breakfast presenter her relationship.

While Reid has spent the past few weeks on the road for Strictly’s live arena tour, her long-term partner and father of her three children, Dominic Cotton, has had enough and separated from her — signing up to a dating website to find new love.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2569702/Susanna-Reids-partner-Dominic-Cotton-looks-love-match-com.html

Poor kids.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ms Reid is sure getting column inches today. :)

'Susanna Reid is set to host a revival of Good Morning Britain from next week.

The newsreader will replace Aled Jones and Lorraine Kelly as the face of the revamped ITV breakfast show, which is being renamed from its current moniker 'Daybreak', according to The Sun newspaper.

The new name harks back to the show's 80s heyday and TV bosses are hopeful the long-running programme will be revitalised and ratings boosted by its fourth dramatic overhaul to date.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2570033/Susanna-Reid-host-revival-Good-Morning-Britain-week.html
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Strictly Come Dancing made Susanna Reid a star, but it appears to have cost the BBC Breakfast presenter her relationship.

While Reid has spent the past few weeks on the road for Strictly’s live arena tour, her long-term partner and father of her three children, Dominic Cotton, has had enough and separated from her — signing up to a dating website to find new love.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2569702/Susanna-Reids-partner-Dominic-Cotton-looks-love-match-com.html

Poor kids.:(

Can't believe he's signed up to a dating website already! Don't people just want to have a bit of breathing space these days when they have come out of a long relationship?!

As for Susanna's move, ITV are getting through presenters quicker than the weather changes. Their breakfast shows are doomed to failure.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 24,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    Can't believe he's signed up to a dating website already! Don't people just want to have a bit of breathing space these days when they have come out of a long relationship?!

Who knows precisely when they spilt up, the relationship may have been over for some time despite their public appearances together. I don't remember a celebrity split being revealed in this fashion before.
  • Options
    jazzyjakejazzyjake Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

it shouldn't really

football generates millions in revenue.
    Man U seem to think he is worth it so thats what it it

i never understand why people moan about athletes salaries. They generate millions for their clubs so they get a fair share of what is generated.

If you want to blame anybody, blame the fans for going to matches. Players like Messi/Ronaldo deserve what they earn. They are one in a million talent wise plus they make their clubs millions through merchandise, sponsors etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have totally misunderstood my "Bleakley Syndrome" comment, I was inferring that Miss Reid, Like Miss Bleakley, seem to rate themselves as something special when they are essentially auto-cue readers. She seems to deem herself as some kind of celebrity (especially since her SCD appearance) and like Bleakley this media coverage stinks of her agent and herself trying to screw the public funded BBC for as much as she can possibly get!

The sole requirement for this job is:
    1. The ability to read
    2. The ability to do it live and coherently

The fact Miss Reid is already well paid (£250,00 0 per year) for this "job" is laughable, she appears to present (or work) a total of 9 hours 45 minutes per week (3 hours 15 minutes per day X 3 days a week) and even factoring in pre & post show meetings there is no way she is doing more than 20 hours per week!

This is disgusting when "normal" people are lucky to get £20,000 a year for 40 hours a week!, especially when you consider it is at TV license fee payers expense!

I will concur it is a somewhat stressful job and should be rewarded with a good pay cheque, But £250,000 a year! - ****ing now way!

There must be literally thousand upon thousands of people who could perform the same task and would happily do it for £50,000 a year, a fair and just reward in my opinion.

If the BBC addressed these disgusting remunerations then everyone in the UK could be paying a mere £75 a year for the TV license!

One word Market.

''Miss Reid'' is in a market that pays lucrative salaries. Whether she is worth it or its fair is another topic altogether but BBC/ITV seem to think she is worth it.

Why do people have digs at people earning a lot of money for doing little. It's not their fault the companies they work for pay a lot of money. It's not like she is forcing them to pay her 250k a year or what ever she earns.

She managed to get a job as BBC presenter and she is getting rewarded for her work, simple as.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

One thing I have noticed is their is a snobbery when comparing athletes and actors/singers salaries.

When A-Listers likes of Robert Downey Jr, Will Smith, Leonardo Di Caprio etc....take home 40m after starring in ONE MOVIE (which took probably less than a year to film0, nobody says anything or you never really hear people moan.

However when the best footballers like Ronaldo, Rooney, Messi etc..are making 15m a year the endless ''overpaid'' comments prop up despite the fact that actors/singers earn more.
    Is it a class thing?
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clearly he couldnt cope with Sue's success
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They'll see at ITV if she's all they are hoping for, but she'd be silly not to take the money.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »
    They'll see at ITV if she's all they are hoping for, but she'd be silly not to take the money.

I agree. :)

It will have zero impact on me though, since I never ever watch any 'breakfast television'. :p