Options

Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway New Series Series 11 22/02/2014!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    nothing on TV again now
  • Options
    dubgazdubgaz Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from the very very very annoying Keith Lemon that was a great show
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    Dec looks like Anthea Turner when she did Blue Peter :D:D

Princess Tippy-Toes. :D:D
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smurftc wrote: »
    And did i miss little ant and dec ?? were they on or have I had too many fosters!:blush:

Not on this week.
  • Options
    FinalAnswer?FinalAnswer? Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which band was the real one?
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »
    :o:D

What a great ending

Fantastic. .[apart from prat Lemon trying to hog the limelight.]
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Ashley married RIck Astley, then she'd be Ashley Astley, a name no sod would ever be able to say without sounding like they were having a funny turn.
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dec looked like a cross between Suzi Quatro & Jon Bon Jovi.

It was great seeing Status Quo show up McBusted & McDonnelly
  • Options
    Sammy2Sammy2 Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weak show tonight for me
    The David Dickinson bit was stupid, you don't randomly turn up to the set of a new tv show so casually anyway so I think he knew it was never a genuine thing, my least favourite under cover

Everything else was a bit more meh than normal
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sammy2 wrote: »
    Weak show tonight for me
    The David Dickinson bit was stupid, you don't randomly turn up to the set of a new tv show so casually anyway so I think he knew it was never a genuine thing, my least favourite under cover

Yeah I agree. For the first time I sort of got bored. Found it a bit silly.

Hopefully next week will be better
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,288
    Forum Member
    The ending was too rushed and very last minute :(

The worst show I have seen for sometime. Lemon is a **** .
    Ant & Dec got their lines wrong a number of times too.
  • Options
    Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sammy2 wrote: »
    Weak show tonight for me

Sums up how I felt. Was disappointing.:(
  • Options
    Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Princess Tippy-Toes. :D:D

Do you listen to Steve Allen on LBC perchance?!
  • Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    The only bad bit was David Dickenson...at least he had the balls to admit he knew it was them because the makeup was laughably bad and Ant's voice was the same! You could tell them a mile off and you could tell Dickenson was acting.

Should just stick to the giving celebrities orders in the earpiece. That is funnier.
  • Options
    ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    She was rubbish

Thing is I think that's actually the best way to do it, though I'm sure it wasn't a deliberate strategy on her part! But you're better off just getting 1 or 2 right on the first questions and then gambling. I can barely think of anyone who hasn't gambled, even those who've got virtually all the questions right initially, so that bit doesn't really matter to be honest!

Thought Super Computer was surprisingly short. I liked the karaoke bit. It was also nice to see Status Quo.

Undercover is pretty rubbish now. They should stick to the telling what to do in their ear version.

And I don't really like Ant V Dec in this form. At times it's hard to see what's going on. I preferred the fun challenges where they had to plan songs or whatever.

Not the best show tonight.
  • Options
    Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a huge Ant and Dec fan but the first episode has been the only one I've thoroughly enjoyed so far.

In regards to this week's show, I enjoyed 'Ant vs Dec' and the 'End of the Show' segment. I think they should give the 'Undercover' pranks a rest for a while and concentrate on the 'I'm A Celeb...' ones.
  • Options
    AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blossom85 wrote: »
    I'm a huge Ant and Dec fan but the first episode has been the only one I've thoroughly enjoyed so far.

In regards to this week's show, I enjoyed 'Ant vs Dec' and the 'End of the Show' segment. I think they should give the 'Undercover' pranks a rest for a while and concentrate on the 'I'm A Celeb...' ones.

As another big Ant and Dec fan I have to agree with you, especially with the BIB. I think that continuing to do the Undercovers is a bit of self-indulgence on their part, it feels as if they enjoy keeping their hand in with 'acting' as well as everything else and so keep pressing on with that segment instead of concentrating on 'I'm a Celebrity...' which is clearly far funnier.

I think the bar was set very high last series and there was a lot of excitement about SNT being back after several years away, so in many respects it was always going to be hard for them to keep up the same standard this year. It has been a little hit and miss so far this series, but having said that it's still decent Saturday night entertainment. To be completely honest I would watch Ant and Dec present anything regardless of how good or bad it was anyway!
  • Options
    Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I agree. For the first time I sort of got bored. Found it a bit silly.

Hopefully next week will be better

I agree too. Found it all a bit too silly this week.
  • Options
    puppylove7puppylove7 Posts: 66,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must be in the minority but I actually really enjoyed the show! :)

Yes, Ant and Dec fluffed some of their lines and some parts did go wrong but they make it work and laugh about it which makes the audience laugh.

Also is it only me or do other people think it's cute that they call Ashley Ash? It shows what great friends they are and that's all from I'm a celeb which I think is sweet.

Also I loved the ending!! :D However I love McBusted so may be a bit biased but was good to see them perform another song (Crashed the Wedding) which they haven't actually performed live yet. :) Also you could tell they were loving it!

I think Any and Dec were having fun as well and I think that's why I enjoyed it as much as I did. It's nice to see them genuinely laughing and having fun during the show. :)
  • Options
    fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    Supercomputer is fun for the people taking part but it is not entertaining TV.
  • Options
    deltadelta Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful show, Hysterical, screaming audience ruin it. The format is tired. I watched making of Gravity instead! lol
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad it's not just me who thought last nights show was weak. Ant and Dec seemed really off form last night and either forgot their lines or stumbled over their words several times, it was really out of character for them. Also was David Dickinson really the best they could have come up with for the undercover skit? He's hardly in the same league as the the big stars they've had on in the past.
  • Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    delta wrote: »
    Awful show, Hysterical, screaming audience ruin it. The format is tired. I watched making of Gravity instead! lol

It's series 11 of yet another worn out format (which have become their speciality) that they're happy to front however stale and repetitive it's become.......
    Somebody said on here that they're working on a children's programme next,how on earth will anyone spot the difference,they're fronting one already!
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was a bit suspicious when David didn't express surprise at Dec standing next to him after the car had overturned. It was just like "oh, hello". Dickinson's either in on it or he's pretty thick. I'd have been completely gobsmacked at him standing next to me if I'd saw the car he was in overturn like that. Unless the production team thought it would get laughs if Dickinson didn't react much when seeing that Dec (disguised) was fine and unhurt.
  • Options
    jtmrjtmr Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Earlier in the show, Ant & Dec saw David Dickinson to get him to be part of the end of show show and he was in full rock gear with make up. Then, in Undercover, which was later in the show, he was back in normal dress. For the end of show show, he was back in full rock gear with make up again. The show is "live" yet this doesn't make practical sense

Thoughts anyone?