Options

Man United Supporters Thread (Part 45)

Comments

• Options
    Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dmuk wrote: »
    Why would there be a huge number of posts?

Yes, silly me. I forgot a decent win tends to negate the automatic two-three pages of "Moyes out" from trolls and non-resident posters. Or to put it another way, since it's the first time this season that we've managed to get behind a team with TWO classy team goals AND keeping a clean sheet, I'd have thought people would be happy to indulge in the pleasure of a good victory for once. God knows we've had enough downs, why not celebrate the highs. As fleeting as they may be. You managed a few lines on it, so did f-196 and he didn't even see the match! God knows we know what this place would be like if we drew or lost.....
    dmuk wrote: »
    It was a decent performance against a sub par team (who still had a few good chances btw). Between that, and the whole false dawn cliche, no one is going to get excited surely? Most players had a good game, even Welbeck managed a decent finish. Fellaini looked good again, if still clumsy as an oaf. Januzaj played ok but is still holding back for some reason. Mata played well, a damn fine player and would like to see him score. I don't know what to make of RVP at the moment, as G Nev says, he needs to stay away from the gossip papers, get his head down and play some of the football we know he's capable of.

Kagawa looked poor for his cameo.

This will only be a false dawn if Moyes sets out with a different team even though everyone is fit, if we expect too much from the Liverpool match and if we don't allow for that fact that Mata is unavailable for the next CL tie.

Kagawa did look poor. We could really do with him regaining form because he's the only similar replacement for Mata if he's injured/cup-tied.
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having sat through the 1st half of Chelsea-Spurs, this league is every bit as poor as it was last year. Which makes our own poor season even more annoying.

Thought we were decent today. West Brom were dreadful for the most part but there at least looked to be an idea of how we wanted to play, with players in a formation that suits us. Fellaini was better again, still nothing special but a marked improvement on what we've seen in midfield so far this season. I too thought we looked a bit more lively with Welbeck on instead of RVP.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,538
    Forum Member
    Watched the 2nd half - in among my visitors. Good result, much as expected as there have been definite signs of improvement of late (Olymp. excepted). There's a half decent team tucked in there somewhere you know, and today's isn't far off it. Welbeck's goal was very well taken it reminded me of RVP... last season. Excellent build-ups to goals 2 & 3 and some very neat interplay at other times in the match.

Next week will be hard but I don't see why we can't get a 1-1 out of it against the odds, maybe even better as the lads will definitely be up for it. Just need to shake off this season's OT hoodoo, Suarez and Sturridge...
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Missed the match today, was working, but knew what the score was, sounds like one of our better performances of the season, No Vidic. I didn't see that on the cards, but seems we played well without him.

The match against Liverpool is going to be tough, but here's hoping I walk in front of a black cat for some good luck.:D

Strange their have not been to many posts tonight, cant think why, normally this place is a mad house. - Oh wait its because we won isn't it. ;-)
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spurs losing means they are still in sight which means it's been a good day for you.

The fa cup semi draw is significant for you as well if arsenal draw city it would mean 7th would not be a Europa league spot.
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    , it's disappointing to see the usual pathetic dribble of posts when we win (and win well) compared to the absolute avalanche of posts when we lose.

Watched the game today but gardening duty came before ds forums:p

Yep i see the moyes out group are absent. I know its a win and this season weve not been good enough but the team was steady today.

De gea awesome saves when needed

Rafeal good steady game
    Jones few nervous passes at the start but came into his own after the goal
    Smalling whats his best postion??
    Evra steady game

Carrick controlled the middle and allowed fellani to head further up front
    Fellani steady game with some great movement and fancy tricks near the end

Adnan look tired
    Mata world class passes and just needs rvp to start playing with confidence

Rooney great shift and a well timed header for the goal
    Rvp looks like a player who has forgotten to get the ball.

Welbeck good goal but still like bambi on ice
    Vidic not much to do but didnt put any foot wrong
    Kagawa nothing to note.

Yes, silly me. I forgot a decent win tends to negate the automatic two-three pages of "Moyes out" from trolls and non-resident posters. Or to put it another way, since it's the first time this season that we've managed to get behind a team with TWO classy team goals AND keeping a clean sheet, I'd have thought people would be happy to indulge in the pleasure of a good victory for once. God knows we've had enough downs, why not celebrate the highs. As fleeting as they may be. You managed a few lines on it, so did f-196 and he didn't even see the match! God knows we know what this place would be like if we drew or lost.....

Sums up this thread
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to say that was the best I've seen your central midfield look in a long time. Carrick was at his best and Fellaini looked much better, more commanding and even looked good on the ball.

Rafael was top draw as well.

And Welbeck got his tenth goal of the season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 $pirit wrote: »
    Got to say that was the best I've seen your central midfield look in a long time. Carrick was at his best and Fellaini looked much better, more commanding and even looked good on the ball.

Rafael was top draw as well.

And Welbeck got his tenth goal of the season.

Welbeck to score for England in the World Cup, you heard it here first. ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even allowing for all the false dawns and dashed expectations, it's disappointing to see the usual pathetic dribble of posts when we win (and win well) compared to the absolute avalanche of posts when we lose.

Put the match in context - it is a win against a really poor side who have managed to pick up 3 points from their last six games. Are we supposed to treat this as some great triumph? Nothing has changed, If they put in good performances and get results in the next three games then I'm sure plenty of people will be on here praising the team.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smc81 wrote: »
    Put the match in context - it is a win against a really poor side who have managed to pick up 3 points from their last six games. Are we supposed to treat this as some great triumph? Nothing has changed, If they put in good performances and get results in the next three games then I'm sure plenty of people will be on here praising the team.

A poor side that at home has taken points off Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal.
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good result today. Got to admit I watched the Arse v Everton game and picked up the result on the start of final score on BBC 1. I couldn't sit through a Utd game again and seeing as we don't have BT sport then it was easier than I thought.

Memo to Moyes, if there's no injuries keep with the same starting eleven with the exception of Mata for the champions league game.

Vidic is leaving, Rio's legs have gone. We need to stop changing the side so much. We don't owe them anything.

Avoid the three stooges unless we're giving someone an absolute hammering please.
  • Options
    swaydogswaydog Posts: 5,653
    Forum Member
    Good result today. Got to admit I watched the Arse v Everton game and picked up the result on the start of final score on BBC 1. I couldn't sit through a Utd game again and seeing as we don't have BT sport then it was easier than I thought.

Memo to Moyes, if there's no injuries keep with the same starting eleven with the exception of Mata for the champions league game.

Vidic is leaving, Rio's legs have gone. We need to stop changing the side so much. We don't owe them anything.

Avoid the three stooges unless we're giving someone an absolute hammering please.

RvP leaving?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3 $pirit wrote: »
    A poor side that at home has taken points off Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal.

and lost to Norwich and Swansea. Who haven't won a match since New Years day. But really is that what it has come to? We are now supposed to celebrate when we beat teams in the relegation battle?
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fellaini looks something like the player that we needed, since he's had his operation.

Very good performance today. I thought that Smalling was decent. I'm not his biggest fan, but he looked more solid than Jones.

I'd sell Van Persie, in the summer.
  • Options
    JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    Fellaini looks something like the player that we needed, since he's had his operation.

Very good performance today. I thought that Smalling was decent. I'm not his biggest fan, but he looked more solid than Jones.

Today for me Fellaini looked like the one we used to dread playing against at Everton.
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A thriving Robin Van Persie helped us to win the league less than a year ago, we need someone who can get the best out of him again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smc81 wrote: »

Who cares, a win's a win these days for us. - I don't care if WBA are a really poor side, I'll take it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RVP gone in the summer, could well be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    A thriving Robin Van Persie helped us to win the league less than a year ago, we need someone who can get the best out of him again.

If he's disinterested/sulking/not happy, then what's the point in keeping him?

Maybe he won't be happy with whoever a new manager might be.
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You could be right but I would say its a chance worth taking for more success.
  • Options
    kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    Trust me to miss the game where we meant to have played quite well.

The test comes now though and whether Moyes sticks to this formation or whether he reverts to type. Kagawa would suit this formation so would like to see him get some proper game time.

If it;s Young and Valencia back in on the wings next game then I'm going to destroy the world.
  • Options
    JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member

Not making excuses but maybe he feels like we do. I don't wake up and think "yay its match day". I always kind of expect the worst. I'll never ever shit on the team but it all seems very hard work right now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    You could be right but I would say its a chance worth taking for more success.

Van Persie is not the be all and end all, when it comes to success.

He signed to win trophies, because Ferguson was here. Ferguson's gone. If Van Persie can't get behind a new manager, then let him go.
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kingjeremy wrote: »
    Trust me to miss the game where we meant to have played quite well.

The test comes now though and whether Moyes sticks to this formation or whether he reverts to type. Kagawa would suit this formation so would like to see him get some proper game time.

If it;s Young and Valencia back in on the wings next game then I'm going to destroy the world.

It's like going back to the old boyfriend that you really know is a dud.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    Not making excuses but maybe he feels like we do. I don't wake up and think "yay its match day". I always kind of expect the worst. I'll never ever shit on the team but it all seems very hard work right now.

I understand, and I'm not saying that I necessarily blame him.

However, we need to move forward. If Van Persie can't do that then sell him.
This discussion has been closed.