Options

Plan to discredit Nigel Farage hits new low

gocompletelynutgocompletelynut Posts: 2,314
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just seen this video from the Lib Dem Conference. :o

Get ready Riceuten, James2001 et al I think your sides might split at this one !

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/liberaldemocrats/10686143/MP-mocks-Nigel-Farage-with-mask-and-fake-cigarette.html

Love the fact that the audience are waiting for something funny to happen but sadly it never quite does.

Lets face it, UKip are the Lib Dems new ally.

It makes them feel relevant again I suppose with something to fight against.

Comments

• Options
    Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm all PC and outraged.>:(
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm devastated
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    I'm devastated

At the lack of punchline?

I thought she got Farages persona down to a tee, she must have mentioned pints of beer 5 times.

The moment when she takes the mask off is priceless.

"its not really Nigel Farage its me you know" :D
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Lorelei Burt only has a majority of 175. Clearly doing stand up comedy won't be her next career post May 2015.:D
  • Options
    psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A new low? I doubt Farage would take it even the slightest bit seriously. It's such a crap impression anyway that the silly moo has to wear a mask with a photo of him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    psionic wrote: »
    A new low? I doubt Farage would take it even the slightest bit seriously. It's such a crap impression anyway that the silly moo has to wear a mask with a photo of him.

A new low in its ability to do any harm is what think I meant.

I wonder if hope not hate paid for the mask, there is after all only 74 days left to stop UKip.
  • Options
    FaithyHFaithyH Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There needs to be a plan? I would have thought his foot in mouth disease and temper tantrums would have him pretty much done for already.
  • Options
    trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Get ready Riceuten, James2001 et al I think your sides might split at this one !

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/liberaldemocrats/10686143/MP-mocks-Nigel-Farage-with-mask-and-fake-cigarette.html

Love the fact that the audience are waiting for something funny to happen but sadly it never quite does.

The liberal democrats are always hitting a new low, they are the party of lows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FaithyH wrote: »
    There needs to be a plan? I would have thought his foot in mouth disease and temper tantrums would have him pretty much done for already.

No sadly UKip last week had their highest ever poll rating of 19% on the back of their conference, that was a Guardian poll too :o, and those damn UKippers are bound to get a bounce after the debate with the darling of the left Nick Clegg !

Why do the mainstream media insist on talking about UKip, all this publicity isn't helping, and im now seriously worried that all the anti UKip stories are starting to backfire.
  • Options
    FaithyHFaithyH Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No sadly UKip last week had their highest ever poll rating of 19% on the back of their conference and those damn UKippers are bound to get a bounce after the debate with the darling of the left Nick Clegg !

Why do the mainstream media insist on talking about UKip, all this publicity isn't helping, and im now seriously worried that all the anti UKip stories are starting to backfire.

I'm not too worried. It's one thing for us to discuss it here and the bravado of people saying they will vote for Ukippers but when it comes down to a general election they have no hope. They have no proven record in any office that matters and people always remember that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FaithyH wrote: »
    I'm not too worried. It's one thing for us to discuss it here and the bravado of people saying they will vote for Ukippers but when it comes down to a general election they have no hope. They have no proven record in any office that matters and people always remember that.

True dat :cool: woosh
  • Options
    guypdguypd Posts: 2,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ouch.

I wish they wouldn't do that. Learnt nothing from that notorious Sarah Tether routine, apparently.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,396
    Forum Member
    No one needs to discredit Nigel Farage, because he never had any credibility to begin with.
  • Options
    TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was cringe worthy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deleted. (not sarcastic enough must try harder) :(
  • Options
    guypdguypd Posts: 2,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Fappy_McFapperFappy_McFapper Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one needs to discredit Nigel Farage, because he never had any credibility to begin with.

This pretty much.

Like the BNP before them they will have a good result in the EU elections and then also like the BNP will be washed away in the general elections after people realize that they bring nothing concrete to the table.

I look forward to the crying on here afterwards.

Still though the Dems need to get their own house in order instead of continuing to make fools of themselves.
  • Options
    redvers36redvers36 Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trunkster wrote: »
    The liberal democrats are always hitting a new low, they are the party of lows.

Yes I gather that the Lib Dem conference was barely half full as they slip away to ever less support.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed.
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Its amazing how so many posters on here claim Nigel Farage has no credibility - yet seem to feel the need to post endless threads criticising or attacking him.

Why bother - if he is such an irrelevance? :D
  • Options
    DadDancerDadDancer Posts: 3,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This pretty much.

Like the BNP before them they will have a good result in the EU elections and then also like the BNP will be washed away in the general elections after people realize that they bring nothing concrete to the table.

I look forward to the crying on here afterwards.

Still though the Dems need to get their own house in order instead of continuing to make fools of themselves.

Nah things are different now, UKIP will be the 3rd party replacing the Lib Dems.
  • Options
    riceutenriceuten Posts: 5,876
    Forum Member

Do you SERIOUSLY think there is a conspiracy to discredit Farage? There's no need, he and the party can do that with no assistance whatsoever.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/mar/09/ukip-meps-urged-breach-allowance-rules

Ukip MEPs urged to breach allowance rules

Divert Brussels payments to party, says key donor, as critics say funds plea could send them to jail
  • Options
    riceutenriceuten Posts: 5,876
    Forum Member
    No sadly UKip last week had their highest ever poll rating of 19% on the back of their conference, that was a Guardian poll too :o, and those damn UKippers are bound to get a bounce after the debate with the darling of the left Nick Clegg !

19% in ONE poll, doth not a breakthrough make.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_next_United_Kingdom_general_election#2014

Shows the latest poll at 12%. Indeed the last few polls.

Although I presume the BNPinBlazers will probably say that the polls are biased against them and there's a conspiracy by everyone (except UKIPpers) to suppress support.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    I was expecting to see Merkel behind the mask, the drab choice of clothing was similar.
  • Options
    crystalladcrystallad Posts: 3,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Dont the libs, cons, lab understand that the more they mock, slate and try to undermine the ukip supporter it makes them stronger. Politicians are so transparent you can actually see the bull sxxx forming!

Politicians didnt learn at bull sxxx school how to deal with british people who don't buy the crap we have been fed for 50 years.

"We will get imigration down to tens of thousand and our plan to do this is!!" Ooops we had record imigration last month.

Time is up !!