Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 10)

Comments

• Options
    darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »

She disappeared for a long time but has become "cool" again in recent times.

No she hasn't. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    darkisland wrote: »
    No she hasn't. :o

I meant in as much as she appears to be popping up on adverts and radio/ TV shows not that she is actually cool.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Hm, it's a bizarre choice though.

Another hateful one is the Santander one. They spend 5 minutes saying random words that have nothing to do with banking. It's a muter for me.

Agreed, they say stuff like "Mum, kind, brother, teacher, friend" or something :confused: WTF does that have to do with banking?
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,031
    Forum Member
    Disturbed wrote: »
    Not as bad the dubbing on the clearblue 'i'm pregnant' ad. You can tell the hipster idiot only got pregnant because she shacked up with some indie-scum on a one night stand, and most likely to keep her benefit entitlements anyway. She's going to hell anyway for having pre-marital sex so I guess she has God to answer to.

She's got an engagement or wedding ring on. Anyway, observational humour is not your thing my friend. Take it from me, and the others who have replied to you. As Dirty Harry once said "A good man (or woman really) knows his limitations."
  • Options
    Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,160
    Forum Member
    The Barclays is crap. It's got one of those songs sung in a way so you can't understand the lyrics, and there's a bloke who pop's up and sings "manchestaaaaa" in a dumb way. In fact, when I first saw him I thought he had special needs and it was a bus trip to the seaside.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cringeworthy ad with kids talking about names for their private bits...oh lord who approved that crap?
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    She's a poet, originally from the west country, she was a staple on the family entertainment shows that infested Saturday nights back in the day when we only had 3 channels Oh and shows like "that's life"

Her thing was "funny" poems that relied upon dreadful puns.

Hey, Pam Ayres has always been cool.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No. She hasn't.
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I meant in as much as she appears to be popping up on adverts and radio/ TV shows not that she is actually cool.

Ah - with you now :D

I'm old enough to remember Pam Ayres on 'Opportunity knocks' in the 1970s when the acts on any given show might include contortionists, blind jugglers, precocious kilted 8 year olds singing (quite unhealthy) songs about their mother or indeed, rocking chaired poets.
    All very odd - and quite depressing for semi-pro musicians or comedians who'd 'served their apprenticeship' and struggled through the pub and club scene, only to be beaten by a toothless old wino attempting to play the national anthem on a Stanley crosscut hand saw.

Anyway, you are of course right Justabloke, she seems to be popping up on ads all over the place at the moment.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    The Barclays is crap. It's got one of those songs sung in a way so you can't understand the lyrics, and there's a bloke who pop's up and sings "manchestaaaaa" in a dumb way. In fact, when I first saw him I thought he had special needs and it was a bus trip to the seaside.
    It's an awful song. Love the rest of the description :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    Its a good song. When sung properly.
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    too good to be true with confused.com - they have now used I am pretty sure I mentioned in this very thread (can be wrong) ..... Knight Rider :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stupid bloody woman. Cant she just shut the hell up keep whistling banging a saucepan to wake the daughter up and getting in the way when your trying to get down the stairs . Just push her down them and smack her one and tell her to shut up because shes bloody annoying!

Stupid Nescafe advert.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No, she really hasn't.
    The very most I'll admit to is that she has a talent for using words beyond that....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    darkisland wrote: »
    Ah - with you now :D

I'm old enough to remember Pam Ayres on 'Opportunity knocks' in the 1970s when the acts on any given show might include contortionists, blind jugglers, precocious kilted 8 year olds singing (quite unhealthy) songs about their mother or indeed, rocking chaired poets.
    All very odd - and quite depressing for semi-pro musicians or comedians who'd 'served their apprenticeship' and struggled through the pub and club scene, only to be beaten by a toothless old wino attempting to play the national anthem on a Stanley crosscut hand saw.

Anyway, you are of course right Justabloke, she seems to be popping up on ads all over the place at the moment.

Now there's a name I'd expect to pop up on a list of operation Yewtree suspects... Hughie Green.
    something very slimy about him, even as a sprog I always thought "I'll need to wipe my hand after shaking yours Hughie"
  • Options
    JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, she really hasn't.
    The very most I'll admit to is that she has a talent for using words beyond that....

talent for tortured puns and lame rhymes
  • Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a poet, originally from the west country, she was a staple on the family entertainment shows that infested Saturday nights back in the day when we only had 3 channels Oh and shows like "that's life"

Her thing was "funny" poems that relied upon dreadful puns.

Thanks for that. So basically I've forgotten who she is and need to get on YouTube to see old clips of her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for that. So basically I've forgotten who she is and need to get on YouTube to see old clips of her.

I'm not sure the word you're looking for there is "need" :D but yeah you'll probably find her on the 'tube
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hughie Green.
    something very slimy about him, even as a sprog I always thought "I'll need to wipe my hand after shaking yours Hughie"

Not in the least odd...;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me6jGl5Y8tI
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    The series of ginsters 'feed the man' adverts.

They're going for that young male bracket by attempting to be funny, a bit like the McCoys adverts, but I find them both cringy. I don't think they work at all.

The snickers, yorkie and lynx ads do a much better job at this.
  • Options
    albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stupid bloody woman. Cant she just shut the hell up keep whistling banging a saucepan to wake the daughter up and getting in the way when your trying to get down the stairs . Just push her down them and smack her one and tell her to shut up because shes bloody annoying!

Stupid Nescafe advert.

We've all lived with someone who makes as much noise as possible first thing in the morning when others are still sleeping!
  • Options
    JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the advert with the two wooden figures in a cuckoo clock bowing to each other and going ' danke shone...bitte schon..'
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a poet, originally from the west country, she was a staple on the family entertainment shows that infested Saturday night.

She's not from the West Country but from Oxfordshire.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    She's not from the West Country but from Oxfordshire.

I find that still doesn't change my POV though :D
This discussion has been closed.