Options

told i look like a spaz!

Comments

• Options
    Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Haha! No pics, I think I'm quite annoyed with myself after her latest comment that I didn't say anything about it before to her. Thinking back I should have said something about the use of the term. I just tried to laugh it off as she can be shallow. And as a result needed to moan about it!

Shes just illiterate, rude and possibly jealous of me! shes only 23 and she does have a hint of a moustache!

Tell her she's a dumbass beardy tw.at and is clearly jealous of your fabulous sunglasses and that she should fu.ck off and die. It's unlikely you will ever have to deal with her speaking to you again. Which sounds like a perfect result. :)
  • Options
    leopard_printleopard_print Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Raquelos. wrote: »
    Tell her she's a dumbass beardy tw.at and is clearly jealous of your fabulous sunglasses and that she should fu.ck off and die. It's unlikely you will ever have to deal with her speaking to you again. Which sounds like a perfect result. :)

hahahaha! wish I could!
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Telll her she is a crusty faced cow, ditch the bitch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    btw I am sorry if anyone has offended by the word as it is a disgusting word
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    She sounds delightful. Friends like that are disposable. Get rid. Find friends that don't insult you.
  • Options
    Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,581
    Forum Member
    kippeh wrote: »
    Tell your mate she's a spacca, and a right Joey.

Child of the 70's and 80's I guess?! Joey Deacon! The first disabled contact for many my age!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hey Rock 'n' Rollers the correct phrase to use, as Kippeh says, is Joooeeeeyyyyyyyy.

Lol!😜
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    Spaz actually dates back to the late 70s/early 80s when the legendary Joey Deacon first appeared on Blue Peter in what was the most disastrous attempt to bring political correctness into a children's television programme ever.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joey_Deacon

Dear old Joey Deacon...turns out we shared the same birthday...but not the year!
  • Options
    Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    Safi74 wrote: »
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joey_Deacon

Dear old Joey Deacon...turns out we shared the same birthday...but not the year!

I'll never forget the day that Blue Peter introduced Joey Deacon to the world.

I presume the idea of including him in the show was to teach children to look past disability etc etc. Unfortunately, they credited us children with a little too much intelligence and compassion.

The very next day after the show aired every single child in the playground was relentlessly pushing their tongue into their bottom lip while making the "spaz noise" and calling every other child Joey.

I don't think that's quite the outcome that the producers of Blue Peter were hoping for. To make matters worse they carried on featuring Joey for quite a while after that which simply fanned the flames.

Looking back, it was a terrible thing to do, but we were just kids and didn't know any better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'll never forget the day that Blue Peter introduced Joey Deacon to the world.

I presume the idea of including him in the show was to teach children to look past disability etc etc. Unfortunately, they credited us children with a little too much intelligence and compassion.

The very next day after the show aired every single child in the playground was relentlessly pushing their tongue into their bottom lip while making the "spaz noise" and calling every other child Joey.

I don't think that's quite the outcome that the producers of Blue Peter were hoping for. To make matters worse they carried on featuring Joey for quite a while after that which simply fanned the flames.

Looking back, it was a terrible thing to do, but we were just kids and didn't know any better.

Couldn't agree more. I remember the hand movements too. Joey, spaz, spastic. Didn't really have a clue what they meant. Kids can be cruel sometimes. But at least Joey gets to live in the memory of a generation, so it can't be all bad.😊
  • Options
    ste likes boobsste likes boobs Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just call her a gypo the next time you see her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whats a gypo?!? knowing my luck she'd tell tales or someone else would as i guess its offensive! I didn't realise about the Joey thing, there was a stupid girl in my primary years ago who walked about doing that. Always irritated me but i didn't realise what it was!
  • Options
    Hayley_babyHayley_baby Posts: 15,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With friends like that who needs enemies. Id stay away from her tbh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Couldn't agree more. I remember the hand movements too. Joey, spaz, spastic. Didn't really have a clue what they meant. Kids can be cruel sometimes. But at least Joey gets to live in the memory of a generation, so it can't be all bad.😊

Ah yes, the hand movements. I believe this involved slapping the back of one hand with the palm of the other with the receiving hand bent at the wrist. :D

I sometimes wonder what Joey made of it all. Beneath the very bad disability was quite an intelligent man by all accounts and he must have become aware of his impact on millions of children around the UK at some point.

Could he possibly have seen things from the children's point of view?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ah yes, the hand movements. I believe this involved slapping the back of one hand with the palm of the other with the receiving hand bent at the wrist. :D

I sometimes wonder what Joey made of it all. Beneath the very bad disability was quite an intelligent man by all accounts and he must have become aware of his impact on millions of children around the UK at some point.

Could he possibly have seen things from the children's point of view?

Yup those were the movements!

I'd like to think he realised it was kids being kids and that he did have a positive impact on others. After all, we all clearly remember him many years on. Makes me feel quite sad that he would've been upset by it. Sorry Joey😞.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yup those were the movements!

I'd like to think he realised it was kids being kids and that he did have a positive impact on others. After all, we all clearly remember him many years on. Makes me feel quite sad that he would've been upset by it. Sorry Joey😞.

The trouble is, he is bound to have encountered children mocking him when he went out in public. It's actually quite sickening to think that this happened to the guy.

It was a very different world back then though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The trouble is, he is bound to have encountered children mocking him when he went out in public. It's actually quite sickening to think that this happened to the guy.

It was a very different world back then though.

It most certainly was...
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 139,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Op making fun of your friend's moustache doesn't exactly make you sound very nice yourself to be honest. Both of you seem pretty childish.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A friend / so called friend said something. Big deal.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A so-called friend at work had told me i look like a spaz a few days ago and today said i looked like an idiot when i showed someone my new sunglasses. I'm right to be offended aren't I? I'm actually an attractive girl but shes one if these that thinks she right and is perfect. Really annoying me now.

Not much of a friend then IMO OP
  • Options
    3Sheets2TheWind3Sheets2TheWind Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha! No pics, I think I'm quite annoyed with myself after her latest comment that I didn't say anything about it before to her. Thinking back I should have said something about the use of the term. I just tried to laugh it off as she can be shallow. And as a result needed to moan about it!

Shes just illiterate, rude and possibly jealous of me! shes only 23 and she does have a hint of a moustache!

Oh the irony.
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do not listen to such nonsense.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    whats a gypo?!? knowing my luck she'd tell tales or someone else would as i guess its offensive!

As in gypsy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gypsy
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is either not a friend or has no social skills
  • Options
    Mad_Dog1Mad_Dog1 Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A so-called friend at work had told me i look like a spaz a few days ago and today said i looked like an idiot when i showed someone my new sunglasses. I'm right to be offended aren't I? I'm actually an attractive girl but shes one if these that thinks she right and is perfect. Really annoying me now.

Call her a permanent harvey price impersonator?

(just for the record; please ****ing don't (this goes without saying but I'm saying it anyway I'm not getting dragged into your verbal abuse court battle))